How to turn my curly ringlet hair to Jim Morrison of The Doors style?

I have curly ringlets that ive been growing out for about a year from a buzz cut. How can i get my hair into the style of Jim Morrison the lead singer of The Doors. I imagine i would have to grow my hair out probly another year since my hair curls up soo much. But I really dont know what to do, i really just want more wave than curly like his. Heres a pic of Jim Morrison's hair

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2010/05/11/2010-05-11_doors_film_cant_quite_break_on_through.html

thanks

Comments

• crwrittcrwritt Curl Neophyte Posts: 705Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You would need to go over your hair with a large barrel curling iron, and add some pomade to dirty it up.
  • SoulKitchenSoulKitchen Posts: 33Registered Users
    crwritt wrote: »
    You would need to go over your hair with a large barrel curling iron, and add some pomade to dirty it up.

Hey thanks!! Thats it!!? So that large barrel curling iron will loosen up my curls and make them like morrison's? Thanks again!
  • justajesuschickjustajesuschick Curl Neophyte Posts: 1,657Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You and I simply trade hair for the night and everybody's happy!!

p.s. NEVER trade with me. I'd NEVER give your curls back.

Seriously-hope you get the look you want!!
    I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
    2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity
    CG since 7/1/2010

Cleanse: Abba Color Protect
    Condition: DevaCurl OC
    LI: CJ-Deep Fix, Beauticurls LI
    Curl Enhancer: CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
    Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
    Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler, CJRM
    You and I simply trade hair for the night and everybody's happy!!

p.s. NEVER trade with me. I'd NEVER give your curls back.

Seriously-hope you get the look you want!!

hahahaha :) im 16 years old and as a guy with ringlets, women are always telling me that im lucky and they are jelous haha. I like them sometimes but I just think it would be easyier to have more wave than curly.

Take care
  • crwrittcrwritt Curl Neophyte Posts: 705Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Hey thanks!! Thats it!!? So that large barrel curling iron will loosen up my curls and make them like morrison's? Thanks again!

Yes but only temporarily.

Yes but only temporarily.

Temporarily...how long would that last? Will it damage my hair, make it dry? And who makes a good one? Thanks
  • Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Curl Neophyte Posts: 1,731Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Well, it's not certain but it's also possible that your hair might loosen up some on its own as it gets longer. So if you like your curls now at this length, and the girls do, why not leave 'em alone and see what happens as it grows?
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
    Well, it's not certain but it's also possible that your hair might loosen up some on its own as it gets longer. So if you like your curls now at this length, and the girls do, why not leave 'em alone and see what happens as it grows?

Thanks for the reply Robin,

I guess i can just wait and see what happens. Is that really true that your hair gets looser and easier to manage as it gets longer? I guess it makes since being your hair gets heavier in weight. I think my hair is getting looser and easyier to manage.

Take Care,
    Dylan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file