the ends of my hair is losing it's color! WHYY??!

help help helpp!!!

I don't know why, but the ends of my hair is losing it's color!!!! I have dark brown hair and the ends of my hair are beginning to look like a dark auborn!! Helpp??!! can I reverse this effect? why is this happening? could it be the products i'm using?
Soon from shoulder length to bra length, while curly.

Hair Routine:
Organic Conditioner to cleanse and leave in
Almond, EVOO, or Castor Oil to seal.
No gel, but if needed FSG

3bc. some rare parts in 3a. I have mixed hair due to heat damage and texturizers.
medium thickness.
normal density.
normal porosity.
dark brown.

No Pooie since Oct. 6th 2010:blob2:

Comments

• curlyhairmichukcurlyhairmichuk Posts: 860Registered Users
    gniesam wrote: »
    help help helpp!!!

I don't know why, but the ends of my hair is losing it's color!!!! I have dark brown hair and the ends of my hair are beginning to look like a dark auborn!! Helpp??!! can I reverse this effect? why is this happening? could it be the products i'm using?

Hi - it could be that you have some porous hair with the ends being the most porous as they are the oldest hair so to speak. Maybe get a trim and also if you can use some protein - either in your products if your hair isn't too keen on protein or protein treatments if you hair is ok with protein. Do you colour your hair?
    UK curly

fine to medium strands, porous, medium density
    CG May 2009 - low poo occasionally
    Co-wash: Tresemme Naturals
    Styling -Naked Curl Defining Cream, BRHG, Mop Top, FSG
    Product for a good hair day: FSG or Mop Top
    Hair loves protein!
    http://public.fotki.com/curlyhairmichuk/
    new pics added Jan 2012

Enjoying the freedom of going curly!:wave:
    Duchess of Alba, Keeper of the Tartan Curls in The Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • gniesamgniesam Posts: 127Registered Users
    I have no idea if my hair likes protein, i think my hair is ok with protein. do you know of any treatment i could use?
    I do not use any hair dye..
    thank you btw:)

Hair Routine:

3bc. some rare parts in 3a. I have mixed hair due to heat damage and texturizers.
    medium thickness.
    normal density.
    normal porosity.
    dark brown.

• curlyhairmichukcurlyhairmichuk Posts: 860Registered Users
    I have no idea if my hair likes protein, i think my hair is ok with protein. do you know of any treatment i could use?
    I do not use any hair dye..
    thank you btw:)

what products are you using just now gniesam? Im the UK so can only recommend products like the SS protein spray, or say CJ curl fix (as opposed to drug store products - but maybe someone will chime in with some more suggestions). Depending on what you are using just now (if none have protein) you could just try using a co that has some protein in it or if you have protein in your products just now you could try the likes of the SS protein spray or curl fix. But I would get a little trim too. (nothing drastic just the ends)
    UK curly

fine to medium strands, porous, medium density
    CG May 2009 - low poo occasionally
    Co-wash: Tresemme Naturals
    Styling -Naked Curl Defining Cream, BRHG, Mop Top, FSG
    Product for a good hair day: FSG or Mop Top
    Hair loves protein!
    http://public.fotki.com/curlyhairmichuk/
    new pics added Jan 2012

Enjoying the freedom of going curly!:wave:
    Duchess of Alba, Keeper of the Tartan Curls in The Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • imagabsterimagabster Posts: 71Registered Users
    help help helpp!!!

this happened to me too over the summer, I had assumed it was just the sun bringing out my natural hi-lites! I don't know how to reverse it, but I actually like how part of my hair is more auburn than just brunette. like curlyhairmichuk said, I think I saw this was a sign of overly porous hair. you could try searching the forums to see what kind of products will help with porous hair! I hope this helps a little!
    CG since September 2010
    thick, medium-coarse, low-normal porosity (?), 2c/3a hair!
    growing out my hair to BSL!

experimenting with...
    low-poo/ co-wash: Everyday Shea Moisturizing Lavender Shampoo & tressemme naturals moisture
    rinse-out/ leave-in: GFTN, CJAO, CJRM, TJ nourish, GVP Conditioning Balm
    styling: HESMU, CJCIAB, eco styler krystal, BRHG

"I'm as free as my hair." Mother Monster

• gniesamgniesam Posts: 127Registered Users
    alright, so the recent diagnosis of my ends is: they might be overaly porous. oh boy.

could it be just my ends or is it all of my hair?? I did this one 'test' to see if my hair was porous or not, and it came out to be normal.. idk.

I use [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Elucence-Moisture-Balancing-Conditioner-p-39.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=elucence-elucence-moisture-balancing-conditioner]elucence moisture balancing conditioner[/buylink] and elucence moisture benefits (which leaves my hair quite dry) I use [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]AG recoil[/buylink], CK and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle-p-995.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle]CJ CIAB[/buylink]..

i'll try the protein thing..

at curly.g: I have to agree with you, although I didn't really want my hair to get a dark auburn this way, eventually i was going to dye a part of my hair dark auburn.

I couldn't be more thankful for you help you guys.!

Hair Routine:

medium thickness.
    normal density.
    normal porosity.
    dark brown.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file