CurlTalk

Denman Brush and Fine, Thin Hair

Does the Denman Brush work with fine, thin hair or is it better for thicker hair?

Comments

• KurlyKAZKurlyKAZ Posts: 14Registered Users
    My hair is fine but I have a lot of it, so this may not be much of a help, but I use the small Denman that has 5 rows. I have a short bob and I think it works better than the fake Denman I have that is bigger and has 7 rows. That one seemed to make my curls stringier. HTH!
    Began Mod CG 8/29/10
    Mostly 3a (I think) with some 2a & 2b thrown in for good measure, porous due to color, normal elasticity
    Loves ACV and maybe protein

Low-poo: Giovanni TTTT
    CO-wash: V05 Kiwi Lime
    Condish: GF Triple Nutrition
    Leave-in: GF Sleek & Shine (HG??), LOOB, almond oil
    Gel: LA Looks Sport
    Straightening (I know, I know! I just like a change every once in a while!): FX Flat Iron spray, Jonathan Dirt

Still experimenting with products, but generally, the cheaper the better!

• curlyinohiocurlyinohio Posts: 362Registered Users
    Me too. My hair is thin and fine, and I just ended up with a head full of strings when I used a denman. It totally ruined my curl definition.
    Cowash: Suave Aloe and Water Lily
    Conditioner and Leave-in: GFTN
    LA Looks Sport Gel
    Coconut oil Or Olive oil at night
  • oddityofwingsoddityofwings Posts: 1,261Registered Users
    Anyone can use a Denman - there are loads of ways to use one. I have fine hair and I use a denman in two different ways.

1. I use it before super-soaking in order to help distribute product. (see this thread: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=81176 ) The 'soaking' helps curls separated by the denman to reclump.

2. I use it when I'm going for more volume (my hair is clumptastic and looks like telephone cords all over my head if I don't break up the clumps). I run it through my hair when semi-dry and then apply product to damp hair.
    3b/c. Fine, med-high porosity, normal elasticity. Hair loves oils in summer, protein in winter. Constantly battling the hard water monster.

Favourites:love5::
    CJ Curl Theory, Curl Rehab, Smoothing, Curl Fix, Daily Fix, CCCC, CIAB, CQ, SSCC, MC shampoo, Inecto Pure Coconut Oil, CP luscious curl creme (summer), DB Pumpkin Seed (summer), FD/MT, JCWDT, JCTS

American literature PhD student in the UK... :study: