New curly hair and hair type?

KerrianaKerriana Registered Users Posts: 7
Since I am not sure where this should go, I will just post this at the best place I can think of...

Today, I just got my permanently straightened hair chopped off and went curly with the rest of my hair! Hurray! I never knew it could look this good. Of course, being a Chinese with curly and puffy hair, and have no one around me for support, I really did not expect much... But alas, I am now free with my curls :toothy8:

Now my quest is to figure out what hair type I am. My stylist said that my hair will become curlier as it get used to being curled instead of straightened. Any help will be greatly appreciated! =)

51247982415124798241_f6855bb21a.jpg

[FONT=&quot]Type: 2c? 3a?
Turned curly since Oct 28, 2010!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Current routine:
Shampoo
Live Clean Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo
Conditioner
TRESemme Naturals Moisture Conditioner
Leave-in
Aveda - Smooth Infusion Style-Prep Smoother (NOT CG approved, but my stylist recommended it as a great anti-humectant)
Live Clean Fresh Water Leave-in Conditioner
Style(testing these products, since I have just gotten my big chop)
AG Re:coil Curl Activating Balm
Kinky-Curly Curling Custard
Kinky-Curly Spiral Spritz[/FONT]

Comments

• LogyLogy Registered Users Posts: 156 Curl Neophyte
    Your hair is SO beautiful!!! I wish I had your thickness. If you've been flat-ironing the hair that wasn't permanently straightened you most likely will see the curl tighten up now. I did after I stopped straightening.

Wondering what your texture and porosity is.
    54, mix of 3a, 2b,c, with the occasional straight strand thrown in to keep things interesting. Low porosity. Very fine!

HG: CJCF Never lets me down.
    Others I Like: DevaCurl One Co, CHSCK, Giovanni Smooth as Silk, SSDD, AnGel, DevaCurl No Poo, Elucence Moisture Balancing Condish, Curls Like Us towels.

"Still crazy after all these years" Paul Simon :nemo:
  • waterlily716waterlily716 Registered Users Posts: 781
    I would definitely slot you as a 3, but as your hair regains its health it may get even curlier. You might have some idea of the curlieness if you remember what your hair was like as a child...
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    3a/b low to normal porosity curls
    CG method since 2006 @:-)
    CO wash: suave naturals coconut
    rinse out CO: GVP conditioning balm
    stylers: KCNT, CK, jessicurl spiralicious
    @waterlily716 on YouTube, FB, & Twitter
    Blog: Curls and Blossoms

• KerrianaKerriana Registered Users Posts: 7
    Logy: Thank you for your compliment! I was very surprised by the positive compliments I receive these past four days when I see people I know. Definitely a huge change from my childhood years with the frizzy, huge, and triangular hair when I didn't know how to take care of it. I used to hate it...and after getting this cut, I thought that it was too thick at first. But I am happy that other people like it for what it is now =) After washing it once, I did see my curls tightening up a lot. It looks like this now (not 100% dry yet):
    5137992607_fabcbb61d7.jpg

I have no idea how I can tell my texture and porosity even after reading some descriptions. Perhaps you can teach me further =)

whimaway: Thank you for helping me identify the category! Now I can start looking for products that would suit me. I tried AG:Recoil Curl Activating Balm the other day, and it was great in encouraging my curls. I'll try out the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] next and see how it works out.
    Do you have any second day products that you would recommend? I have been using [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Spiral-Spritz-p-915.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Kinky-Curly-Sprial-Spritz-Natural-Styling-Serum]KC Spiral Spritz[/buylink] these few days with good results, but since no stores near me carry it, I would like to look for alternatives (I live in Canada). Thank you again!
    [FONT=&quot]Type: 2c? 3a?
    Turned curly since Oct 28, 2010!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Current routine:
    Shampoo
    Live Clean Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo
    Conditioner
    TRESemme Naturals Moisture Conditioner
    Leave-in
    Aveda - Smooth Infusion Style-Prep Smoother (NOT CG approved, but my stylist recommended it as a great anti-humectant)
    Live Clean Fresh Water Leave-in Conditioner
    Style(testing these products, since I have just gotten my big chop)
    AG Re:coil Curl Activating Balm
    Kinky-Curly Curling Custard
    Kinky-Curly Spiral Spritz[/FONT]
  • Sweet ChevalSweet Cheval Registered Users Posts: 2
    Kerriana - I pineapple at night and use Enjoy Conditioning Spray for my second day curls. I keep a travel bottle with me if I need a touch up during the day. My stylist said I could even do a 1/2 and 1/2 with water.
    Sweet Cheval
    3A/44"
    Tail Bone Length and growing
    Using: DC Low-Poo, Suave Naturals Coconut CO, DC Arc AnGel , DC Set Up and Above , DC HIH, Ojon Hydrating Thickening Conditioner
    Loves: protein, to air dry and free product samples
    My Wish List: BotticelliBabe's Line
  • waterlily716waterlily716 Registered Users Posts: 781
    I apply some conditioner and water to my hair. Then I put my hair into two pigtail braids and use a satin sleep cap. That's it. I know some people use extra virgin olive or coconut oil for dry ends on second day hair.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    3a/b low to normal porosity curls
    CG method since 2006 @:-)
    CO wash: suave naturals coconut
    rinse out CO: GVP conditioning balm
    stylers: KCNT, CK, jessicurl spiralicious
    @waterlily716 on YouTube, FB, & Twitter
    Blog: Curls and Blossoms

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights