CurlTalk

Black Friday Splurges...

dearheart15dearheart15 Posts: 177Registered Users
Ok ladies, Black Friday isn't too far away and I'm already thinking about what new products I would like to try or staples to restock. I was reminded of this when I saw an email today from Qhemet about closing on Nov. 1 to have lots of stock available. Last year I didn't partake, but I've been holding out on some purchases just for Black Friday sales. I want to restock on KBN's butter and gels (need to get the unscented one) and try the shealoe condish. I think this may be the time for me to try out some Darcy Botanical products as well.

What are you going to buy if the price is right?!?:toothy8:
last perm ~ late May 2009
BC'd ~ July 1, 2009
fotki ~ last updated 2/2011

Comments

• JahNaturalDezignJahNaturalDezign Posts: 1,160Registered Users
    This is sad, but I was making my Black Friday list earlier. I'm restocking on my Qhemet stuff for sho. I'm hoping Donna Marie is having a BF sale because I want to try the Super Buttercream, DCC, and the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Carols-Daughter-Hair-Milk-p-1032.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Carol's-Daughter-Hair-Milk]hair milk[/buylink]. Hairveda is already so reasonably priced but I need more Almond Glaze and I want to try the Whipped Gelly & Moist Conditioner (the new protein one) and their body soaps look yummy. I've been doing so good holding out for Black Friday.

If Afroveda has her BF sale I may....I just may buy the PUR Jelly since I've been wanting to try it since forever :angry5:.
  • finehairfinehair Posts: 81Registered Users
    Well... I am hoping donna marie has a sale. I love her [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Carols-Daughter-Hair-Milk-p-1032.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Carol's-Daughter-Hair-Milk]hair milk[/buylink] and I want to try the dream curling creme and the super buttercreme.

And... that's it.
    Maybe hairveda but I just ordered from the last sale so maybe not.

I am not excited about black friday this year. lol. I have products that I haven't used them all from last year black friday sale.. qhemet and darcy's.
    You know I just remembered Elle saying Komaza's Califia Styling Pudding can be an alternative to the PUR so I'll probably get that instead. I don't want to support Afroveda.
  • curlyhersheygirlcurlyhersheygirl Posts: 475Registered Users
    I also made my BF list already ( don't judge me lol ).
    I will be restocking my aohc ,karkady mist and cleansing tea from QB and banana brulee condish, the new butters and gel from shescentit.
  • dearheart15dearheart15 Posts: 177Registered Users
    Between JahNatural, finehair, and all of Elle's video reviews, I may be adding donna marie to my list to.
    @curlyhersheygirl...I'm not judging...I started the thread...lol :iconbiggrin:
    BC'd ~ July 1, 2009
  • maysaymaysay Posts: 218Registered Users
    If Bee Mine has a sale then I will be stocking up on the Luscious Moisturizer. It literally seems to be saving my hair.

• afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users
    Curl Junkie for restock if the sale is good.
    Marie Dean if I like what I get on the order that I have coming
    Amaka Creations because the products look soooo good!
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • ReekyReeky Posts: 1,323Registered Users
    i made a list toooooo!
    smh, it was long.. but alot of my new staples are available on ground now, or already discounted at iherb.com

IF they have a sale, depending on the prices:

Donna Marie - im coming for you
    Curl Junkie - im coming for you
    KBB - im coming for you :laughing9:

i want to try Ohm SHP & Bee Mine Curly Hold butter but that can probably wait
    dense, fine & porous curls |

Poo/Cowash| Bobeam, V05 Shea Cashmere
    DC| AOGPB, CJ Repair Me, BrownButterBeauty
    RinseOut| Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner, Ology Moisturizing Conditioner
    Leave In| Curl Rehab, Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Moisturize|Oyin Hair Dew, CR Moisture Milk
    Gel| Kiss My Face UMG, Trader Joes Aloe Vera, KCCC
    Sealants| Aloe Juice, Whipped Shea, Cocoa & Mango Butters, Castor, & my Peanut Oil Blend =)
  • AmberWavesAmberWaves Posts: 231Registered Users
    I'll be purchasing Qhemets. I want more Amla and Olive Heavy Cream, but I also want to use this opportunity to try some of her other products that I've read good reviews about. Has anyone participated in her Black Friday sale before? Is it a good sale? I hope it's more than just free shipping.
    AmberWaves
    3c/4a
  • lisa6lisa6 Posts: 543Registered Users
    One of the CJ sets
    Elucence MBC- haven't used in ages
    comic-p.jpg
    4a fine, thin, high porosity
    Poo: SM Y&B, BT TT
    C: HE Reconditioning, Suave Almond and Shea
    DC: CJ CR, CJ RM
    LI: JC DT
    Curl Cream: RN BWCC, CJ CCCC
    Gel: CJ AFG
    Refresher: SM Thickening Mist, SM Y&A Milk, CJ CIAB
    Moisturizer: CJ SL, SM CES
  • dearheart15dearheart15 Posts: 177Registered Users
    Reeky wrote: »
    i made a list toooooo!
    smh, it was long.. but alot of my new staples are available on ground now, or already discounted at iherb.com

IF they have a sale, depending on the prices:

Donna Marie - im coming for you
    Curl Junkie - im coming for you
    KBB - im coming for you :laughing9:

i want to try Ohm SHP & Bee Mine Curly Hold butter but that can probably wait

I forgot all about curl junkie. This thread seemed like such a good idea before...now its not looking good for the wallet. self-restraint...self-restraint...lol
    BC'd ~ July 1, 2009
  • CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users
    * throws hands up *

None is tempting me , the only thing I might try is Bee Mine products as I have only used her serums in the past but im so over shea butter products sigh

Whats a PJ to do??

I might be interested in trying the new Queen gel from Curl Junkie
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users
    I started off with two companies for BF...now I have...more.

Curl Junkie (repurchases)
    Donna Marie (repurchases and might buy the Gelly and condish)
    Komaza (need mah puddin')
    Oyin (Honey Hemp and Shine & Define)

That's really all I want...
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    I will be restocking my aohc ,karkady mist and cleansing tea from QB and banana brulee condish, the new butters and gel from shescentit.

There are a few things on Shescentit's site that I've been eye balling mainly the Banana Brulee, Marshmallow Hair Cream, and Kiwi Kiss Butter.
  • CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    I've thought hard about this and I think I'm gonna just stock up on my favorites Black Friday instead of trying a whole bunch of new stuff.I'm gonna stock up on my Qhemet fo sho. I wanted to try Anita Grant, but the price is way too much for me and I got Christmas presents to buy.lol. I've pretty much tried everything I wanted to try. I'm trying to narrow down the rest of my "staples".
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
  • kinkyncurlykinkyncurly Posts: 110Registered Users
    I'm going for Qhemets! I plan on getting the Burdock Root Cream and the Detangling Ghee.

Question: I see everyone else talking about various Black Friday sales - how do we find out about these? Do I need to go to the site for each line (ie- Donna Marie, Curl Junkie, etc) or is there a Curlmart Black Friday sale or something?
    Transitioning! :hello1:
    s-event.png
    BC Date: January 8th, 2011!
    Hair: 4a fine but dense
    Working on: porosity issues, growing out heat damage, dryness
    Fotki link in profile
  • HennaRoHennaRo Posts: 520Registered Users
    Thanks to Elle I'm starting to buy and try now so I can stock up for BF.

Curl Junkie
    Darcy's Botanicals
    Amaka Creations
    Sheschentit(I forgot about her stuff lol)

I think this is it!
    Last relaxer: January 08

BC: December 08

First and only time going natural:wav:
    Holy Grails:love10:
    *Terressential Pure Earth Hair Wash*Curl Junkie Deep Fix* Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion* Tresemme Naturals(Moisture)* Vo5 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Poo/Elucence Moisture Balancing Poo* Komaza Care Jojoba Hemp* Oyin Burnt Sugar:love10:

FOTKI!

Follow me on Twitter! muffinator22
  • korkscrewqtkorkscrewqt Posts: 96Registered Users
    Reeky wrote: »
    i made a list toooooo!
    smh, it was long

^^^^^
    You aren't the only one!:laughing9:

Like others have posted my purchases will depend on the sale prices. I want to buy some of the bases, so I am hoping /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.essentialwholesale.com%2F" class="Popup has a sale.

1. Shescentit

Coco Creme Leave-In Conditioner 9 oz.
    Avocado Conditioner 16 oz.
    Super Soft Honey Conditioning Rinse 16 oz.
    Okra Hair Repair Reconstructor 16 oz.
    Moisture Mist Leave In Conditioner 8 oz.

2. Donna Marie

MiraCurl Detangler & Conditioner 8oz
    Moisture Mist 8oz
    Super Buttercreme 8oz
    Cocoa Hemp Hair Milk (Daily Leave-in Conditioner) 8oz
    Dream Curling Creme 16oz

3. kinky-Curly

kinky-curly KNOT TODAY 32 oz.

4. Komaza Haircare

Olive Moisture Mask 16 oz.
    Intense Moisture Therapy 16 oz.

2ywisjp.jpg
    I don't subscribe to 1-4 typing system.:afro:
    Healthy Hair = Good Hair
  • lashon20lashon20 Posts: 1,150Registered Users
    1. Qhemet Biologics

Amla & Olive Heavy Cream
    Burdock Root Butter Cream
    Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm

2. Halima Organics

Twist & Shout Gel
    Lemonade Souffle
    Super Shine Cream
    Stimulating Oil

3. Belle Butters

Orange Dream Cream Butter
    Mint Chocolate Butter
    Double Agent Butter
    Pumpkin Pie Butter
    Shea Mango Fluffy Butter
    Unyevu Butter

4. Natural By Design Cosmetics

Miracle Moisture
    Lavender Milk Leave In Conditioner

5. Bee Mine

Juicy Moisturizing Spritz
    Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer
    Bee Hold Curly Butter

6. Blended Beauty

Curl Styling Butter

7. Shidanaturals

Moisturizing Spray/Curl Refresher
    Define & Hold Cream Gel

8. Koils By Nature

Herbal Soothing Lavender and Eucalyptus Gel
    Nourishing Hair & Body Butter Almonds Joy

9. MyHoneyChild

Type 4 Hair Creme
    Sophia's Coconut Hair Jel
    Buttery Soy Hair Creme
    Whipped Soy Hair Jelly
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmynaturalhairjourney.shutterfly.com%2F" class="Popup

Shampoos: Ion Hard Water Shampoo
    Conditioners: Curl Junkie
    Stylers: As I Am Smoothing Gel, Jane Carter Incredible Curls, Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter, Hairveda Whipped Gelly
    Moisturizers: Camille Rose Moisture Milk, Camille Rose Fresh Curl
    Leave-Ins: KBB Sweet Ambrosia
    Pomades: Hairveda Almond Glaze
  • dmarie21dmarie21 Posts: 213Registered Users
    I'll hit Qhemet up again. That stuff really lasts!
    I'm going for Qhemets! I plan on getting the Burdock Root Cream and the Detangling Ghee.

Question: I see everyone else talking about various Black Friday sales - how do we find out about these? Do I need to go to the site for each line (ie- Donna Marie, Curl Junkie, etc) or is there a Curlmart Black Friday sale or something?

I think I read about the Qhemet sale here. I did the Black Fri sale last year and a spring sale this year.
    My Fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fdmarie21%2F" class="Popup
    Porocity: totally sinkable
    Texture: fine to med fine (stand size pic)
    Products I Like: Qhemet--Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee, Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm mixed with Burdock Root Cream, Vatika, apple cider vinegar rinse, Baba de Caracol, CON Argan shampoo
    Searching For: better understanding of what my hair is all about
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Posts: 2,584Registered Users

I am on their email lists so I found out that way...
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg
  • periwrinkleperiwrinkle Posts: 130Registered Users
    I'm trying to hold off until BF to make these purchases:

Curl Junkie: too many to name :laughing8:

Donna Marie:
    Conditioner- repurchase, my hair is like buttah with this. The comb just glides through.
    [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Carols-Daughter-Hair-Milk-p-1032.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Carol's-Daughter-Hair-Milk]Hair Milk[/buylink]
    Buttercreme
    Dream curling cream- maybe

Bee Mine:
    Deep Conditioner- repurchase, the best I have tried so far. Leaves my hair moist and really soft.
    Luscious Balanced Moisturizer- repurchase

Shescentit:
    Coco Creme Leave-in- repurchase
    Marshmallow Herbal Hair Cream- repurchase

I think thats it. Lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hair Type: 3c/4a

Still searching for my staple products. Maybe I can be faithful to a set of products one day.
  • finehairfinehair Posts: 81Registered Users
    Oh.. I forgot..
    Does Ohm do a black friday sale?? I do want to try the sweet hair pudding.
  • MsCurl83MsCurl83 Posts: 289Registered Users
    Oh yes, my hair is on a ration of shea butter with a little bit of jojoba oil an [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink] as leave-in for my styler as of now. I find the combo sets the twists real good and holds them well. I achieved 3 day last week.

But my goody list:

QB BRBC and AOHC and CDTG
    Komaza [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Miss-Jessies-Curly-Pudding-p-578.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=miss-jessies-curly-pudding]Curly Pudding[/buylink] (maybe)
    KBN Shealoe Hydrating Condish and/or Leave-in Conditioner

Can't wait!!!!
    Never been so hyped about buying hair products, lol!
    "My hair is a reflection of my personality:
    wild, free and beautiful."

Hair Type: S + Z = Crazy Beautiful
    Hair Goal: Improve health!! Kill the knots!!!
    BSL now
    As of 6/24/12: Protective styles for summer
    Achieving Curls: Terressentials Mud HAir Wash (the business! Terressentials.com) Giovanni 50/50 Cndtr (retired) KBN Shealoe LCndtr (on probation) Still perfecting the process.
    Shoutout to FLAXSEEDS!!!! YOU ARE the MASTER on FRIZZ!!!

• JessicazFroJessicazFro Posts: 1,446Registered Users
    My Wish List

Donna Marie Cocoa Hemp Buttermilk (a staple! GASP) This stuff is the best detangler since widetoothed combs. I kid you not lol
    Donna Marie Super Buttercreme :blob8: I HEART it!

And I wanna try Darcy's Botanicals. A leave in and a butter.

And that is all. I guess I'm not a PJ after all (my bank account is happy about it though)
    tex-laxed(pfffttt) :dontknow:
    Thick/coarse/low porosity/low elasticity
    4a/b cottony/spongy

At war with my indestructible, armadillo hair...MY WILL BE DONE!

imager.php?id=2689460&t=o GIFSoup
    :tongue:
  • LolaKinkzLolaKinkz Posts: 1,198Registered Users
    I got my eyes on some Curl Junkie, Qhemets, Donna Marie and Mozeke products. I'm on no buy till then lol
    BC: June 16th 2010
    TYPE: 4a/b; color treated, nml-high porosity; fine w/ med density
    :love4:Product Connoisseur:love4:

OMG my hair wets when water touches it!
    www.youtube.com/user/lolakinkz
    www.facebook.com/AshleyLolaKinkz

• empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    I would LOVE some more anita grant. Still have tons of qhemet and I just ordered some curl junkie last night.

So if anything else cj, a big size of the strawberry ice cream curl rehab deep condish and anita grant.
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users
    * throws hands up *

None is tempting me , the only thing I might try is Bee Mine products as I have only used her serums in the past but im so over shea butter products sigh

Whats a PJ to do??

I might be interested in trying the new Queen gel from Curl Junkie

B/C of Elle BeeMine is back on my list. I was thinking it wasn't needed, but this wash n go I did with the curly butter was so soft and pretty.

GET the CQ Gel!! I really think you'd like it. It's better than AFG IMO.

There are a few things on Shescentit's site that I've been eye balling mainly the Banana Brulee, Marshmallow Hair Cream, and Kiwi Kiss Butter.

I love Shescentit and last winter her conditioners and CJ + KBB hair milk saved my hair. I haven't bought anything new from her lately so I likely will.

I don't have a dedicated BF list, but I'm hitting up ALL the lines, and will likely need another plastic storage tower (number 4). LOLOL!!

I'm such a product slut.:laughing8:
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • JessicazFroJessicazFro Posts: 1,446Registered Users
    PS:

I've been looking at Jane Carter's stuff for a while (at Target). I want to try the Wrap and Roll, Leave In and Nourish and Shine for a roller set. Can't decide if I want to do that soon or wait til April. If I wait til spring then there's really no need to buy it yet... darn
    tex-laxed(pfffttt) :dontknow:
    Thick/coarse/low porosity/low elasticity
    4a/b cottony/spongy

At war with my indestructible, armadillo hair...MY WILL BE DONE!

imager.php?id=2689460&t=o GIFSoup
    :tongue: