Silk Works

MintaMinta Posts: 45Registered Users
Hey,

Has anyone tried Silk Works Hair Treatment? I believe its by professional and its suppose to be for dry,frizzy, damage and chemically abused hair. I heard it works very well with curly hair and makes it silky without it being oily or weighing it down. Is this product good?
A Child Is a Curly, Dimpled Treasure. ™

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Here are the ingredients:
    Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, SD Alcohol 40/Alcohol Denat., Silk Amino Acids, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Lotus Corniculatus Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Eugenol, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, D-Limonene, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

Most of us wouldn't put this in our hair. It has cones and denatured alcohol as the first three ingredients.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FairlyCurlyFairlyCurly Posts: 839Registered Users
    If you're CG then I wouldn't use it. If you're not CG in any way shape or form and you like how the product works on your hair then use it.
    3a/3b, Fine, low porosity.
  • MintaMinta Posts: 45Registered Users
    Ah, thanks girls. I wish I read these post before I went out and bought it. I didn't read the ingredients but when I opened that silk therapy it reeked of alcohol and it wasn't until then that I knew it was a no go. What a waste of money.

Do you guys know of any product that makes curls have a silky feel but light weight and non chemicals?
    Can you give us more information about your hair? Is your hair coarse or fine? High, medium or low density? What type of product are looking for? There are lots of good, non-chemically options in CurlMart.
    Fairewood wrote: »
    Can you give us more information about your hair? Is your hair coarse or fine? High, medium or low density? What type of product are looking for? There are lots of good, non-chemically options in CurlMart.

Sure,

I'd say my hair type is a 3b, I used to put a relaxer in it for a couple of months constantly. I still have my curls but, they aren't as thick as they used to be and they're more loose.

My hair is in the middle not too coarse and not too fine. It gets very frizzy on rainy days. I was looking for a product that makes curls soft or gives it a silky feel without feeling gunky.

After I've stopped using the relaxer for about a month and a half now, my hair feels very dry after I let it air dry from washing it. I was also hoping that there is a product that can hold a hairstyle if I wanted to pin my hair up. Hope I'm not asking for too much. I guess I'm just trying to figure out what will work best for a hair recovery.Hopefully I can get my thick curls back.Thanks.
    You might want to start a separate thread with the information you've provided above b/c more people will see it and respond.

There are so many options out there (it's overwhelming), but I know that the Curl Junkie products are very popular and would be a good choice for someone trying to recover the health of their hair. There are a number of conditioners and stylers that will hold your hair and CJ is mostly all-natural with very little chemicals. If your hair feels really weak and the curl is limp then maybe you need a protein treatment on a monthly basis until your hair recovers from the relaxers.

Kathymack knows a lot about products and caring for curly hair. You could also pm her for advice and get some samples from her.
    Oh really, I will do a separate post. Thank you so much. I will also do some research on Curl Junkie hair products. How do you pm people on here? I can only purchase curl junkie online?
    Minta wrote: »
    Oh really, I will do a separate post. Thank you so much. I will also do some research on Curl Junkie hair products. How do you pm people on here? I can only purchase curl junkie online?

Click on a person's username on the left in a thread. A drop-down menu will appear and select "Send Personal Message."

Unfortunately, Curl Junkie can only be bought online, unless you live in one of the few cities where they're sold in a salon.

Click on a person's username on the left in a thread. A drop-down menu will appear and select "Send Personal Message."

Unfortunately, Curl Junkie can only be bought online, unless you live in one of the few cities where they're sold in a salon.

Thank you very much for all your help. Do you happen to know what few cities salon's sell Curl Junkie products?

Thank you very much for all your help. Do you happen to know what few cities salon's sell Curl Junkie products?

Here's the list. There aren't very many places.:

http://www.curljunkie.com/Retail-Locations-Curl-Junkie-s/28.htm

Also, a lot of ladies email Marsha Coulton, owner of Curl Junkie, and ask for direct advice. Apparently she's really good with guiding folks on what do to and she's helped a lot of people.

Also, if you don't get many responses on the Reader's Product Reviews forum, you might want to post your question on the "General Discussion about Curly Hair Forum." That gets more traffic. Good Luck!
    Thank you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file