Looking for 3a/b BKTs who still have curls!

I love my 3a/3b curls. I have no desire to have straight hair. I am considering a BKT treatment to reduce frizz and give the 3b parts a slightly looser curl.

All the "after" BKT photos I've seen show girls wearing their hair straight or slightly wavy. I don't want a BKT if it's going to erase my curls.

Anyone have success wearing curls AFTER their BKT?

Comments

• ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Posts: 2,264Registered Users
    I love my 3a/3b curls. I have no desire to have straight hair. I am considering a BKT treatment to reduce frizz and give the 3b parts a slightly looser curl.

All the "after" BKT photos I've seen show girls wearing their hair straight or slightly wavy. I don't want a BKT if it's going to erase my curls.

Anyone have success wearing curls AFTER their BKT?

I never wear my hair straight--hate it. Their hair is stick-straight only because the hair is flat ironed as part of the BKT process. I am a 4a/3c who had to do my BKTs 3-4 times over a period of 2 months or so. Now my hair is a solid 2c/3a. One application should yield the results you seek, depending upon the brand you choose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix
  • jaecurlyqjaecurlyq Posts: 4Registered Users
    I had the BKT done a couples times last year. I have 3b curls with a bit of a tighter texture underneath. I got the BKT to loosen the tighter curls so I'd have more length and ease of styling. I loved it! The first month my hair was silky and a little wavy, sort of a 2A/ 2b and over the next few months the curls gradually came back. For the third BKT I decided to do only half the treatment because I wanted my curls. This meant that instead of being 2a/b for the first month it was more of a 2c/3a. Julie, the thicker your hair is the more treatment and times you'll need for it to be straight. Most likely your hair would be pretty straight with a little wave with the BKT so if you want to keep your curls I recommend the coppola or any lighter keratin treatment.
    I'm worried about getting it done again because of the formaldehyde. Which treatment do you guys think is the safest? Plz look at my thread if you get the chance, thanks :)
  • freemayofreemayo Posts: 53Registered Users
    Which treatment is safest?
    That's a good question. As much as i've researched about this, i just don't know.

i can understand your concern. its my own concern too. formaldehyde causes some ugly cancers. i mean who wants lung cancer, right?

oregon osha did a few tests of other brazilian keratin and if you go to to the link at the bottom of the page below, you can see it on page 22.
    http://www.komonews.com/news/consumer/106860638.html

if you only do it a few times a year, maybe outside, perhaps it wouldn't be so bad. perhaps it is and im just deluding myself. i am thinking of speaking to someone in chemistry or toxicology or medicine or something to find out.

osha found 8% in brazilian blowout, 2% in qod gold, 1.5% in keragreen, and 1.6% in marcia texteira. they had only one or two samples of the non-brazilian blowout products, though. however, that report could at least give you a better indication how much formaldehyde is in each product.

as far as what product, :dontknow:
  • stylistlaciestylistlacie Posts: 10Registered Users
    freemayo wrote: »
    Which treatment is safest?
    That's a good question. As much as i've researched about this, i just don't know.

i can understand your concern. its my own concern too. formaldehyde causes some ugly cancers. i mean who wants lung cancer, right?

oregon osha did a few tests of other brazilian keratin and if you go to to the link at the bottom of the page below, you can see it on page 22.
    Concerns spread about formaldehyde in hair products | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News | Consumer News

if you only do it a few times a year, maybe outside, perhaps it wouldn't be so bad. perhaps it is and im just deluding myself. i am thinking of speaking to someone in chemistry or toxicology or medicine or something to find out.

osha found 8% in brazilian blowout, 2% in qod gold, 1.5% in keragreen, and 1.6% in marcia texteira. they had only one or two samples of the non-brazilian blowout products, though. however, that report could at least give you a better indication how much formaldehyde is in each product.

as far as what product, :dontknow:

It is INCREDIBLE that these companies could sell us products containing 8%!!! They expect us to burn this next to our faces, indoors, on top of our customers heads. Wonder why I give my business and money to NATURAL KERATIN ONLY NOW!
  • lipslikesugarlipslikesugar Posts: 3Registered Users
    I had the coppola treatment done . My curls are still there but more beautiful. What I like the most is that before I couldn't flatten my hair because it was so frizzy and it would take about one to two hours. Now all I need is 30 minutes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file