Growing out Bangs/Edges?

VermelhaVermelha Registered Users Posts: 7
Anyone know how to grow out bangs and edges?

Here's my dilemma:
I have 3b/3c hair that's about 2" from BSL after my recent cut (I HATE thinning ends!). The strands are healthy and strong, but I'm having issues with the front hairline, which is the finest, loosest textured hair. The rest of my hair is down my back, but these hairs aren't even past my shoulders. What gives?

Does anyone use any oils or products to grow this section? What about hair styles? Which styles are good/bad for growing out edges?

P.S., I've just changed my regime to washing weekly with a non-sulfate shampoo and roller setting with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/-Jane-Carter-Solution-Wrap--Roll-p-548.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=The-Jane-Carter-Solution-Wrap-&-Roll]Jane Carter Solution Wrap & Roll[/buylink] (alcohol-free, paraben-free). I wear my hair curly and in loose updos.
Type: 3b/3c
Current Length: BSL, SL unstretched
Goal Length: WL, BSL unstretched
Regime: Modified CG method

My Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/TaisMendes/

Comments

• SmilingElephantSmilingElephant Registered Users Posts: 666 Curl Neophyte
    I'm transitioning...but i cut my bangs Chinese-Style...right above my eyebrows at the beginning of the year.....right now they reach my chin when i stretch them out:toothy2:

All i do is just keep em slicked back with some EcoStyler Gel and headbands....outta sight outta mind...and before i knew it they're halfway back to where they started:joker:
    2yrs 7 months post relaxer/2 years and 11 months natural

Cleanse: SM Moisture Retention or Suave Naturals shampoos
    Co-Wash: Suave Naturals, L'Oreal EverCreme or EverCurl
    RO/Detangler: Tresseme Naturals:nemo:, GVPCB
    Leave-In: SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie, TN, GVPCB
    Styler: EcoStyler, GF Pure Clean gel, KCCC

Just discovering my hair likes protein! :dontknow:

:wav:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights