Donna Marie Miracurl Gel vs. Dream curling Creme

pjjosephgisspjjosephgiss Posts: 643Registered Users
Hi! I need help in deciding what to buy! I have my DM shopping cart all ready to go, but am torn between the DM Gel, or Creme. I have 4ish hair-since I am growing out a texturizer it's thicker at the roots. I used the Gel yest, and I think I used too much- my hair dried kinda like ramen noodles. It is better today after multiple SOTC sessions...does the creme have hold? Please help! Thanks so much!
Hair type-BC: 2/2011-mix of kinks+ coils
Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
LI/RO-Curl Junkie rehab, Shescentit Avocado condish, Oyin Hair dew
DT-KBB Luscious Locks, Curl Junkie ANYthing, Shescentit Avocado condish
Style- UFD, Camille Rose, Hello Curly, Kinky Curly
Sealant- Jamaican Black Castor and Avocado oils, Qhemet Biologics Honey & Olive Hydrating Balm
Will try any CG product at least once.
Proud to be a PJ!
:happy7::wave:

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's funny that you ask this question today. My hair is just a bit different then yours. I've used the gelly since it came out with great success. I tried the Dream Curling Cream when it first came out--and it was okay. Wanted to try it again since the dewpoints dropped. This morning, I combined the two and it looks like it's going to be a great curl day! My hair is only 50% dry, but no surface frizz what so ever at this point. We're supposed to have a windy day with dewpoints in the mid 30's. It should be a good test.

My hair really doesn't like gel, but loves those jelly products. Luckily, it doesn't seem to need a lot of hold since I've learned to take care of it on nc.com. I layer in a leave in and/or curl enhancer and a jelly product--and that's good enough for me. The less chemicals in the product, the more my hair seems to like it.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My hair tends to like the same products as Kathymack. I also LOVE the Miracurl Gelly. I'm not as keen on the Curl Cream. I have been playing with it, but have never gotten great results. If the Gelly doesn't work for you, it would probably be a better option. The consistency is like a mix of dessert mousse and gelatin. It is kind of jiggly, but not thinner than what you would expect from a cream. I do find it has more hold than the Gelly, but I still used a gel over it.

My hair is also different thans your's though. Have you tried looking at the 4a boards .... I think there were a few people trying out the product there. They may have some better recommendations.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    does the curling creme have more hold than her lock and twist pudding?

i had an old jar of the l&t and never used it...and then dug it out and had gooorgeous twists that lasted darn near a week! and my hair has gotten soft as the curls became more pronounced so twists only look good for a couple of days now. getting them to last week is a hard feat.
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • QVCDivaQVCDiva Posts: 1,329Registered Users
    empressri wrote: »
    does the curling creme have more hold than her lock and twist pudding?

i had an old jar of the l&t and never used it...and then dug it out and had gooorgeous twists that lasted darn near a week! and my hair has gotten soft as the curls became more pronounced so twists only look good for a couple of days now. getting them to last week is a hard feat.

I haven't tried the curling creme but I had the l&t and loved it for doing my twists. I still have a little bit left (trying to stretch it out / make it last as long as possible).
    Last Relaxer: 09/19/08
    BC: 01/30/09
    Misc: 1st time going natural was '94-'98; 2nd time - '99-2003; This time I will not go back to relaxers.
    http://public.fotki.com/QVCDiva/
  • CurlykeyCurlykey Posts: 1,540Registered Users Curl Novice
    I used to like the lock & twist pudding she had but liked the other cream better, can't remember what it was called....can anyone compare the new dream creme with these two?
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Curlykey wrote: »
    I used to like the lock & twist pudding she had but liked the other cream better, can't remember what it was called....can anyone compare the new dream creme with these two?
    Oh yeah! The Coco Curly Butter. That stuff made my hair triple in size :lol:

I don't have the dream cream.......... good grief I can't fit any more hair products in my house but from the way it's described it doesn't sound anything like L&T or CCB it looks lighter.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • CurlykeyCurlykey Posts: 1,540Registered Users Curl Novice
    DEL2C wrote: »
    Curlykey wrote: »
    Oh yeah! The Coco Curly Butter. That stuff made my hair triple in size :lol:

I don't have the dream cream.......... good grief I can't fit any more hair products in my house but from the way it's described it doesn't sound anything like L&T or CCB it looks lighter.
    LOL! Yes that was the one. My hair loved either one of them under [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]. Hmmm I might have to break down and try it out.
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
  • pjjosephgisspjjosephgiss Posts: 643Registered Users
    Thanks so much for all the answers, Ladies
    @KM- I know our hair is different- and on my HEAD there are two diff. textures that are continually at war...Maybe a sample is the way to go? Can you help me with that?

@ FBG: Thanks for the tips- I think I also need to learn to apply LESS product. I am a slapper on kinda gurl

I will keep you all posted on how it goes!:D
    Hair type-BC: 2/2011-mix of kinks+ coils
    Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
    LI/RO-Curl Junkie rehab, Shescentit Avocado condish, Oyin Hair dew
    DT-KBB Luscious Locks, Curl Junkie ANYthing, Shescentit Avocado condish
    Style- UFD, Camille Rose, Hello Curly, Kinky Curly
    Sealant- Jamaican Black Castor and Avocado oils, Qhemet Biologics Honey & Olive Hydrating Balm
    Will try any CG product at least once.
    Proud to be a PJ!
    :happy7::wave:
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    @ FBG: Thanks for the tips- I think I also need to learn to apply LESS product. I am a slapper on kinda gurl

A girl after my own heart ... I am from the school of 'if a little is good, than a lot must be great' ... I've had a greasy head of hair more than once because of slapping the product on !!!
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks so much for all the answers, Ladies
    @KM- I know our hair is different- and on my HEAD there are two diff. textures that are continually at war...Maybe a sample is the way to go? Can you help me with that?

PM me.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file