Differant patterns driving me nuts!

09robiha09robiha Registered Users Posts: 683
I have a mix of patterns on my head, some 3a and even 3b underneath and then 3a at the front and 2c, 3a and 2b on the canopy. It is driving me absoulty insane!! What can I do to bump it all up to 3a status?? Anything?? I use pretty protein heavy products already :(
Mixture of 2c/3a curls, fine to med texture

:love5: PROTEIN LOVER!!! :love5:

Wishing my hair would be more like this
> :angel13:
and less like this
> :evil5:

Comments

• EmerwenEmerwen Registered Users Posts: 138
    I used to have the reverse problem, and now my bottom layer is curling nicely and my front strands have gone less curly. If it's a really bad day, I just clip them back honestly, because then at least I can have the bottom curl showing.
    Hair type: 3a, med-low porosity, decent elasticity, thin, med-fine. (I think)

Hair Routine:
    Low-poo: Burt's Bee's Pomegranate and Soy
    Co-wash: V05 Kiwi Clarifying Conditioner, Condish: V05 Kiwi Clarifying Conditioner, Giovanni TTTT, honey
    Leave In: GVP Conditioning Balm
    Styling: Biotera Curl Cream, Sweet Almond Oil
    Techniques: Icequeen method

Hair likes: GVP CB, Biotera Curl Cream, Almond Oil (when wet).
    Hair dislikes: gel, plopping.

Hair Goal: Healthy, soft, defined, waist length curls!

• 1001waves1001waves Registered Users Posts: 73 Curl Novice
    I think you have my hair (fine texture 3a/3b on the bottom, 3a in the front, waves on canopy) I went in for a haircut a few weeks ago, and the hairstylist said that she could cut the canopy so that it bounced up more into spirals, but leave the overall length of the hair. It worked! So I recommend getting your layers adjusted if you haven't had a trim in awhile, along with drying with a diffuser (making sure to scrunch out excess water with a tshirt or non-terrycloth towel first. Also, play around with the amounts/consistency of products. I am starting to find that spray gels and stylers of a thin consistency do better than thick, oily creams to keep loose,fine curls bouncy. Thick stylers can stretch out the curl pattern before it drys.
    Cherub 2c/3a Fii,porous
    Wash:KC Come Clean
    Condition/Leave-in:Devacurl Delight
    Styling:
    AG:Recoil
    Love:protein Hate:Garnier
    Experiment:henna glossing
    Mod CG since 7/22/09
  • xecarixecari Registered Users Posts: 10
    Hey, Robiha!

I actually had a similar problem to this. If you want to read some of the suggestions I got, the thread can be found here:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=115793

Best of luck! :)

-Jen
    A mix of 3b, 3a, and thick waves. Very low porosity. Medium- texture hair, but lots of it.

Co-wash: V05
    Conditioner: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition conditioner
    Current Stylers: Biotera Curl Creme and homemade Sea Salt Spray

Vegan. "The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for white, or women created for men." -Alice Walker

Brasileira living in the U.S.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file