Suave naturals coconut a claryfing shampoo?

Hi i been CG for 4 months and have not seen any progression in my hair. i want to make sure i used the right clarifying shampoo, i used Suave naturals tropical coconut shampoo to clarify, did i make the right choice?

Comments

• Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Registered Users Posts: 2,573 Curl Neophyte
    That should have worked. So the next question is what have you been using on your hair since then. If there's no change in your hair, chances are there may be hidden silicones in the products you use. Technique also plays a part, but even if you haven't changed those at all, you should still see a difference in your hair with cone free products.

So, (specifically) what products have you been using?
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • azure.sky31azure.sky31 Registered Users Posts: 5
    i have been using suave naturals tropical coconut conditioner, and other times switch to V05 tea therapy nourishing conditioner calming chamomile tea, always followed by Garnier fructis triple nutrition cream conditioner, and style with either Herbal essence totally twisted mousse or herbal essences body envy gel. i thought these where CG friendly?
    anyone? :/
  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Registered Users Posts: 2,034
    They are CG friendly, but they might not be what your hair needs.

Do you know your texture and porosity? That'll give us a better idea of what ingredients work best with your hair and why those products might not have given you results.

Here's a helpful link that includes texture and porosity:
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=78318
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Registered Users Posts: 2,573 Curl Neophyte
    I agree with curlyjenn10.

When you try other things, it would be a good idea to change only one thing at a time, so that you can get a sense of whether each change helps.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
    You guys have been very helpful, and to curlyjenn10, thank you for providing me with that link, it looks very informative, im gonna take the time to learn about hair texture and porosity since im new at this, and when im clear on what my hair type is i'll try again, thank you so much :)
  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Registered Users Posts: 2,034
    No problem and good luck! If you have any questions, we're here to help :)
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
  • morrighumorrighu Registered Users Posts: 707
    I'd like to add, since you're new, not to be afriad to experiment. I personally find that a bit of oil seems to help my hair out more than a bit.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file