Palest drugstore foundation, stat!

EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
nm

Comments

• PartyHairPartyHair Registered Users Posts: 7,713
    If you're going for an undead look, even the palest of drugstore foundations won't work (and hey, thanks for calling us paper-white people "undead" - nice!).

They make makeup for Halloween/costumes - I'd use that if I were you.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • M2LRM2LR Registered Users Posts: 8,630 Curl Connoisseur
    PartyHair wrote: »
    If you're going for an undead look, even the palest of drugstore foundations won't work (and hey, thanks for calling us paper-white people "undead" - nice!).

ITA...
    And yes, if you are all ready pretty light to begin with, the Halloween white pancake makeup will probably work best. That's what it's there for.
    :rambo:
  • EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    nm
  • discolemonadediscolemonade Registered Users Posts: 214
    A friend of mine used baby powder for a Halloween costume in the past. You could try that.
    3a/b? hair, CG off & on since Oct. 08
    nm
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    E, L'Oreal True Match in shade C1???
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • wild~hairwild~hair Registered Users Posts: 9,890 Curl Neophyte
    Eilonwy wrote: »
    ^^ Thank you :)

Anyway, I really was not thinking that pale = undead when I wrote that post. I was thinking, paler and ashier version of my skin + special-effects details = undead.

But it seems that what I wrote was offensive, so I am sorry.

Honestly, I think that posting was more about PH overreacting than you being insensitive. I'm on the paler side of things and I thought it was funny.
  • pedahehpedaheh Registered Users Posts: 4,812 Curl Neophyte
    I'm not sure if I'm too late for your party or not.
    I'm pale and I thought undead was funny too. I'm not the lightest shade in the drugstore anymore (used to be), but I think loreal is the lightest as stated above. Try dusting either a matte light blue or gray eyeshadow over your whole face as you would powder. It helps you look unhealthy. :happy7:
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • MimsTXMimsTX Registered Users Posts: 3,482 Curl Neophyte
    L'oreal. for sure. It's the only one that's even come close to being too light for me. Also, the Cover Girl/Oil of Olay Simply Ageless stuff might be a good option. I'm actually a good match for the second to lightest, so maybe the very lightest foundation shade would work for you. It's got really nice coverage and doesn't feel heavy... if you put on some baby powder/heavy powder over it I think it'd look nice and ashy.

And I didn't take offense either. I glow in the dark, I'm ok with the analogies :P
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    PartyHair wrote: »

Project much? How can you extrapolate that the OP thinks fair skinned people look undead from her request for a light makeup to make *her* look undead? Anyone wearing a foundation color that is too light for their skintone is going to look odd, regardless of their starting skin color, and that's the look she's going for. She didn't say that you, or anyone with fair skin, looks "undead". Such nonsense...
    nm
  • wild~hairwild~hair Registered Users Posts: 9,890 Curl Neophyte
    True. But at the same time, I reserve the right to point out when I think someone's being over the top. It's all fair game, IMO.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file