CurlTalk

Need help: different term for ladies night

WI-curlyWI-curly Posts: 8Registered Users
Help!
I'm running our new promo for our bar/club in the local papers..Ladies Night. I was told for legal reasons they can't use that term. Are you ready for their suggestion? 'Skirt Night' Ugh!!! I'm sure all the women in the area will just flock to our place with a promo titled like that..!
Can someone help me with a different term? I'd appreciate any help!
Thanks!

Comments

• mazeymazey Posts: 709Registered Users
    Girls night out?
    Madonna getting upset with her daughter for dressing too slutty is like Mr. T getting upset with his son for pitying too many fools.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,572Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    mazey wrote:
    Girls night out?
    Yep! :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    We used to go to "Girl Twirl" but that was a lesbian night.
  • hobbshobbs Posts: 327Registered Users
    I like girls night out.
  • WI-curlyWI-curly Posts: 8Registered Users
    Thanks everyone. I ran girls night by the paper and it won't fly. I guess the issue is price discrimination....
    Good flipping grief.
    Last week was our first time trying it, after only using promo posters in the bar....and I ended up with alot more men than women. Not a one of them was complaining either...
    Any other suggestions?
    I really don't want to go with skirt night. My luck I'll end up with some weirdo guys in skirts.
  • CGECGE Posts: 1,911Registered Users
    Maybe you should go Prince like and name it "The nigh formerly known as ladies night"
    I used to have a signature but it disappeared and I just couldn't be bothered writing another so please feel free to ingore this.
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    WI-curly wrote:
    Thanks everyone. I ran girls night by the paper and it won't fly. I guess the issue is price discrimination...

That sounds like BS to me. No matter how you name it, it is still Ladies night.
    So the issue is you want to have a girl's night without actually saying, "this is for women?"

Hmm...I've got no ideas. :lol:
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users
    Why won't they go with Girls Night?
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
    curlylaura wrote:
    Why won't they go with Girls Night?

Price discrimination. In this case, saying that women get in cheaper (or free) is not ok, I assume. Skirt night implies women, but doesn't actually say it, so if men show up in skirts, they would get the discount too.
    CGE wrote:
    Maybe you should go Prince like and name it "The nigh formerly known as ladies night"
    LOL, I really like that one!
  • thickandglossythickandglossy Posts: 202Registered Users
    :cry: So strange!
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    Everything I can think of sounds worse than Ladies' Night.

Glamour Night? Pink Night? (which sounds more gay than ladies)

Beeyotches Night? Ugh, that's really bad.
  • hobbshobbs Posts: 327Registered Users
    XX night?

Let me get this straight - ladies get in free/cheaper, so you want to advertise it as that, but for legal reasons you can't, so you need a title that doesn't exactly imply the whole price discrimination issue but still makes it clear that it's ladies night?
  • BefrizzledBefrizzled Posts: 3,854Registered Users
    So you can't use any word for woman/women in the title?
    Under construction.
    Harlots' Night? (hee hee)

Hey, I got it! How about Diva Night!
  • x_tigerlilyx_tigerlily Posts: 432Registered Users
    Diva night is good but you might get a lot of gay men coming too.
    3C/4A and too long to handle (and afford!)
    hobbs wrote:
    XX night?

Let me get this straight - ladies get in free/cheaper, so you want to advertise it as that, but for legal reasons you can't, so you need a title that doesn't exactly imply the whole price discrimination issue but still makes it clear that it's ladies night?

Exactly. Deadline for the newspaper is today, and I am just at a loss as to what to say.
    Pink night: The night formerly known as Ladies Night
    I wonder if that will fly?
    GAHHHH!

Any other term than ladies' night is going to bring in gay men. Just have to face that.
  • thickandglossythickandglossy Posts: 202Registered Users
    SuZen wrote:

Any other term than ladies' night is going to bring in gay men. Just have to face that.

I like diva night.

If gay men show up, tough. Don't let them in. The line has to be drawn somewhere.
    SuZen wrote:

I like diva night.

If gay men show up, tough. Don't let them in. The line has to be drawn somewhere.

LOL, this is getting funny...
    I do like Diva Night.
    I'm waiting for a call back from the paper...crossing fingers..
  • CGECGE Posts: 1,911Registered Users
    WI-curly wrote:
    hobbs wrote:
    XX night?

Exactly. Deadline for the newspaper is today, and I am just at a loss as to what to say.
    Pink night: The night formerly known as Ladies Night
    I wonder if that will fly?
    GAHHHH!

If it flies, I want a cut of the profits! :wink:
    I used to have a signature but it disappeared and I just couldn't be bothered writing another so please feel free to ingore this.
    Diva night it is!
    Thank you all so very much!
    Now let's hope I don't get a bunch of...um, male divas :lol:
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    I'm not sure that diva = woman to most people. I think most people associate the term (WRONGLY - it is one of the most abused words and that's my pet peeve) with performing artists and/or extreme glamour, whether female or gay male.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• goldilocks777goldilocks777 Posts: 1,020Registered Users
    If I saw an advertisement for Diva Night, I would assume it was for gay males.

Clubs around here frequently use "Lipstick (day of the week)" or Skirt Night, and I've also heard "High Heel Heaven"