Revisit of Biotera Styling Gel

missbanjomissbanjo Posts: 3,088Registered Users Curl Neophyte
You might ask why recipes? That's how it started out. I've seen the posts where people have recommended adding honey to a favorite gel to get more hold. Ok so I figure maybe add some to Biotera gel and maybe get a quicker hold? It's too liquidy to use without diffusing or scrunching it dryer after applying.

I used 1/4 cup Biotera gel & 1 tsp honey. Poured both into a bowl and started stirring with one of those little whisks used for like chocolate milk. It started whipping up like egg whites! I whipped for 3-4 minutes and is it so much thicker.

I'm wondering if the honey helped with this or if it's a trait of the Biotera gel. Tonight when I get home I'm throwing some in the blender if it hasn't separated. I've got nothing to lose afterall :laughing5:
Southern Colorado Curly
Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair

Comments

• missbanjomissbanjo Posts: 3,088Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It was back to it's usual liquid when I got home. I poured it all together and got out the mixer with whisk attachment and whipped it up into meringue, by morning it was liquid. I'm not going to whip it up every morning so I poured some into a 3oz bottle, halfway full, and put a couple of stones from my diffuser in it to get some mixing action. It thickened up pretty well, not BRHG thick or anything but definately better. I'll keep it I think since it works as well as BRHG for me and certainly less costly.
    Southern Colorado Curly
    Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file