Toronto Gathering

CurlsCurls Registered Users Posts: 72
For those of you who may not have seen it on the Non Hair Thread, we are planing a toronto area gathering for Sunday May 5th for lunch at a yet to be determined place.

Please express your joy or disgust here!

yl2jump.gif

[ April 02, 2002: Message edited by: Curls ]
"I don't like to say I have given my life to art. I prefer to say art has given me my life."
-Frank Stella

Comments

• CurlsCurls Registered Users Posts: 72
    To those who may have missed it, or who want to know how it went. The Non Hair board is where it/we are at!

Thanx to everyone who made it possible.
    "I don't like to say I have given my life to art. I prefer to say art has given me my life."
    -Frank Stella
  • TO CurlyTO Curly Registered Users Posts: 1
    Oh shoot, I missed it :( , when is the next being held?

BTW what goes on at these gatherings?
    I am Curly, hear me roar!
  • natalienicolenatalienicole Registered Users Posts: 20
    I would be interested in the next one
    My 12 y.o. daughter: 3c mostly 4a, melted coconut oil, elucence moisturizing shampoo & conditioner, curly pudding and s curl
    Mom (me):4a texturized, Nexxus Humectent & Therappe, Nioxxin scalp/moisturizer/cleanser
    As you can see by the dates of the posts, the last toronto gathering that i was a part of was many years ago. i would be happy to orchastrate another one for the middle of may of this year.

How many people would be interested in attending?

The last time i went there were a few of us and we all gathered, had lunch and chatted. thena few of the other gals went out to buy some mac products together and that was about it.

i would probably make plans for a lunch thing again.

i am also west of toronto and would be interested in a Halton/peel gathering if there were enoguh ladies in the area, if not, toroonto would work as well.

Anyways, let me know, we will see what can be done.
    -Frank Stella
    Great idea Curls! I noticed many people at other gatherings met at public places. I think that idea is ok too.

What do you think though if we can round up enough people and have a pot luck at my house (or anyone elses house)? We can have great food and talk about our hair! Bring our products and talk about what works for us!

I use to live in Halton but I'm now in Peel. Would love to see if others are interested and any more suggestions. :D
    My 12 y.o. daughter: 3c mostly 4a, melted coconut oil, elucence moisturizing shampoo & conditioner, curly pudding and s curl
    Mom (me):4a texturized, Nexxus Humectent & Therappe, Nioxxin scalp/moisturizer/cleanser
    Hey nat,

While the idea of a potluck appeals greatly to the poor me, I can understand that you might get fewer gatherers if it is in a private residence. None the less I am intrigued.

Send me a PM or drop me an email letting me know where abouts (generally no specific street or anything) you are located and perhaps we can figure out somthing that will appeal to the masses. We should also see who and how many replies we get.

The last one i attended I believe we had 7 or 8 girls, so it would be nice if we could meet that again.
    -Frank Stella
  • AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    I am interested but i will be in and out of Toronto between May and August - if I am home I would love to get together!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

Curls wrote:
    Hey nat,

While the idea of a potluck appeals greatly to the poor me, I can understand that you might get fewer gatherers if it is in a private residence. None the less I am intrigued.

Send me a PM or drop me an email letting me know where abouts (generally no specific street or anything) you are located and perhaps we can figure out somthing that will appeal to the masses. We should also see who and how many replies we get.

The last one i attended I believe we had 7 or 8 girls, so it would be nice if we could meet that again.

I was hoping for more people than that. Glad to see you like the idea. Once we figure out how many people there are we can get a concensus on how we'll meet. I wouldn't want anyone turned off if it's in my home...non-smoking though...hehe :lol: I sent you a PM regarding where I live. Hopefully we'll get more responses soon so we can plan a date.

Amneris girl I can't imagine you not there! :evil:
  • butterflyPrincess777butterflyPrincess777 Registered Users Posts: 350
    I'm interested in going...would it be ok to bring some curly friends that are not part of this forum?
    Was 3b then I did a soft relaxer and I think I'm now a 3a
    pw: curly
  • Trixie1979Trixie1979 Registered Users Posts: 364
    That sounds like a great idea. I would like to come but I'm in the Kitchener/Waterloo area and don't have anyway to get to TO :(
    p6d5w.gif

6y2v5.gif
  • dream3ddream3d Registered Users Posts: 25
    hey....keep me posted on this. I am not sure if i can make because i am trying to figure things out w/ work & am not sure where i'll be still but if i am in the area & am free...i'd love to join :)
    waves (2c) wanting to curl (3a)
  • Q-tip headQ-tip head Registered Users Posts: 26
    Hi there,

I'd be interested in attending. I'm in the Niagara Region, so if it's west of To., so much the better!

I guess once numbers and location get a little bit more firmed up, please PM me/post here/some combo of the two!!
    3B med. length. Very coarse and steel wool-ish, but getting better! Modified CG since Mar. 24/04!
  • NicaNica Registered Users Posts: 6
    I'm interested! Is this going to be sometime in May? I live in Brampton but meeting up in T.O. is no problem. Keep us posted! :)
    Dark brown 3b/c curls, a couple of inches below my shoulders.

Currently using: Dove shampoo & conditioner for dry hair, Neutogena silk touch leave-in cream, and my FAVOURITE: got 2 be kinky mousse.
    I pulled this from "General Discussion of Curly Hair" forum.

Hello,
    My name is Steven Torch and i am a representative from Curly Hair Solutions. NC.com has forwarded us this link and put us in to contact so we can discuss a curl gathering in Toronto. Jonathan Torch and Curly Hair Solutions would love to host this event at the New Curly Hair Institute located at Yonge and Sheppard in the heart of mid town Toronto. If you could please let me know more information such as when this event could occur, how many people we could expect etc.
    You can contact me directly at [email protected] and cc: [email protected] on all emails please. We are very excited about this and have so much to show and teach to Curly Heads all over. Thank you
    Steven Torch
    Curly Hair Solutions

You guys we can make this amazing! Who else is interested? Lets invite all our curly head friends who are not even on this forum. Make it an evening of meet, eat and learn about our curly hair!
    Nica wrote:
    I'm interested! Is this going to be sometime in May? I live in Brampton but meeting up in T.O. is no problem. Keep us posted! :)

I'm on the Northwest side of Brampton too.
    Trixie1979 wrote:
    That sounds like a great idea. I would like to come but I'm in the Kitchener/Waterloo area and don't have anyway to get to TO :(

Maybe theres a curly in your area you can hitch a ride with to T.O.
    delete
    Trixie1979 wrote:

Maybe theres a curly in your area you can hitch a ride with to T.O.

I go to K-W sometimes for rehearsals and gigs... I'll let you know.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

Hi all,

Well, this thread seems to have kind of fallen by the wayside.

How is the long weekend in May for everyone? If not, please put your suggestions forth!!
    3B med. length. Very coarse and steel wool-ish, but getting better! Modified CG since Mar. 24/04!
    Q-tip head wrote:
    Hi all,

Well, this thread seems to have kind of fallen by the wayside.

How is the long weekend in May for everyone? If not, please put your suggestions forth!!

not good for me... that's my drama-wedding weekend.
    This summer is crazy for me so right now I have no suggestions... I'll just try to work around other people's ideas...

.png

534Pm5.png

Hi all,

I've just posted a poll, so we can see who is available when for our GTG!!
  • CHSCHS Registered Users Posts: 1
    Hello Again
    This is Steve from Curly Hair Solutions. I have not heard anything from anyone about the Curl Gathering in Toronto. We would love to host the event at the Jonathan Torch Curly Hair Institute. I am not sure who is organizing this event but if there is an organizer please contact me at [email protected]. Otherwise if you are interested in attending the gathering please let us know at the same email address. If there are enough people we can organize it. Hope to hear form everyone soon. Thank you
    Steven Torch
    Curly Hair Solutions
  • mrfhnlmrfhnl Registered Users Posts: 276
    August anyone??
    3B, normal porosity, med to coarse texture
    Deva Inspired, LiveCurlyLiveFree Trained Stylist
    Beginning of August is good for me!!
    August is going to be tough as I will be working in Nova Scotia and then my husband and I are planning to be in the Caribbean for a couple of weeks... but nothing is certain yet, so I'll keep it in mind....

.png

534Pm5.png

Did this gathering ever happen. I'm still interested in doing it! :)
    p6d5w.gif

6y2v5.gif
    As far as I know, it didn't happen, but I'm still interested too!

On a related note, I've got a hair appointment at Jonathan's Curly Hair Institute with Hewitt (one of their stylists) on Sat. July 9!! Yay! I'm so excited! I wanted to make the appointment with Jonathan, but alas, I am too poor to afford such things!! :wink:
    If you don't mind me asking....how much is it there. I need a hair cut in the worst way and would like to go to someone who knows what they are doing. I always go to First Choice.....and they always mess it up!

It's been over a year since it's been cut....I'm due!
    p6d5w.gif

6y2v5.gif
    Hewitt (and probably other stylists as well) costs $60 for a hair cut, but the consultation is free. Jonathan, on the other hand, is $20-some odd dollars for a consultation, but his hair cut is $200!!!

Too much $$ for me, although I'm sure the cut would be worth the $200...
    Q-tip head wrote:
    Jonathan, on the other hand, is $20-some odd dollars for a consultation, but his hair cut is $200!!!

Too much $$ for me, although I'm sure the cut would be worth the $200...

That is highway robbery.
    It angers the blood what some people will try to get away with.

On the other note...

What's happening with the gathering? Anything?

Anyone on the west side of Toronto want to plan a get together?

I know there WAS discussion but let's throw out some dates.. perhaps if we get 3 or 4 different dates we can do a poll and see ho wmany can show.
    -Frank Stella

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file