Marie Dean Deep Conditioners/Treatments?

SaroyanSaroyan Posts: 398Registered Users
Anyone tried them? I had KM samples of the Peach Honey Syrup Deep Conditioner and the Seaweed and Rice Treatment, but I only got one treatment out of each sample (I have a lot of hair!) so I don't feel I can adequately evaluate them compared to SS or CJ yet. Her products are obviously of high quality and I think I'd like to order something, but there are too many options! If you have favorites, please share.
2a, very fine, very thick, protein-loving, not especially porous. cg since july 2010.

cleanse: cj daily fix, vo5 vanilla mint tea
condition: marie dean anything, db pumpkin seed, cj curl assurance, cj beauticurls
style: cj beauticurls leave-in, cj curl queen, cj cccc lite, kccc, homemade fsg, db coconut & hibiscus oil, ecostyler
treatments: ss repairing protein, ss deeply decadent
techniques: icequeen, plopping, scrunching upside down, pixie diffusing

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm probably not the one to answer, LOL! I don't think you can go wrong with any of her products. I don't DT--possibly because my hair is really moisturized by the products I use? At this point, I think I've tried at least 20 of her products. I use the Liquid and Simply conditioners as my rinse out--all the rest as leave in or curl enhancer with a jelly product. Even though the dewpoints have dropped, I can't use two of her products together as stylers. Only product that I haven't loved is the Ultra Conditioner and I think it was just too moisturizing for the high dewpoints. I'll try it again in the near future.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SaroyanSaroyan Posts: 398Registered Users
    It's encouraging to hear that your hair stays moisturized from using her products, because my hair is drying out like crazy in these low dews (see: this post, New England thread, etc.). I'm enjoying the smoothie and think I'll order a full size after I've finished my sample. Still deciding what else to get, though... there are so many options!
    2a, very fine, very thick, protein-loving, not especially porous. cg since july 2010.

condition: marie dean anything, db pumpkin seed, cj curl assurance, cj beauticurls
    style: cj beauticurls leave-in, cj curl queen, cj cccc lite, kccc, homemade fsg, db coconut & hibiscus oil, ecostyler
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Timely thread! I was wondering the same thing.

I want to get the Peach Honey Syrup Deep Conditioner as well the Aloe detangler, the 3-n-1 Illipe Mango, and the Mango Butter Cream :drunken:
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • sassywillowsassywillow Posts: 829Registered Users

I want to get the Peach Honey Syrup Deep Conditioner as well the Aloe detangler, the 3-n-1 Illipe Mango, and the Mango Butter Cream :drunken:
    Me too! Marie Dean has a conditioner sample pack for $25 +7.95 shipping. Kinda expensive huh? The thing that has stopped me from trying her stuff is the cost. $12-16 for 4oz of product. No 2 oz samples of her products.
    Ah...to be a well pampered pootiecat. I can sleep on my owner's lap. Roll over on my back when I want my stomach rubbed. Purr with delight. Suddenly jump off and walk away for no reason. Not respond when I am called. Throw my leg up and lick with intense abandon. Sleep 85% of the time. Hang my head off the couch and view the world upside down.:laughing5:
  • SaroyanSaroyan Posts: 398Registered Users
    It's definitely pricey, but looking at the ingredients and having tried samples of her products, I can't blame her. I've never tried anything as rich, and she does use quite a few exotic oils and butters.

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte

I've tried all of these products except for the Buttercream. They're all really nice. Of the 20 or so products I've used, I'd recommend any of them.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me too! Marie Dean has a conditioner sample pack for $25 +7.95 shipping. Kinda expensive huh? The thing that has stopped me from trying her stuff is the cost. $12-16 for 4oz of product. No 2 oz samples of her products.

Yeah, it is so I'll start with the 3-n-1 and probably the Peach Honey Syrup to see how I like it. I'm willing to try her because like Curl Junkie she's using a lot of different oils and butters - kokum, cocoa, cupacua, mango, illipe, etc.

Some hair vendors like She Who Shall Not Be Named (:lol:) are charging those prices for shea and olive oil.

Thanks KM. I'm sold!

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL

Yeah, it is so I'll start with the 3-n-1 and probably the Peach Honey Syrup to see how I like it. I'm willing to try her because like Curl Junkie she's using a lot of different oils and butters - kokum, cocoa, cupacua, mango, illipe, etc.

Some hair vendors like She Who Shall Not Be Named (:lol:) are charging those prices for shea and olive oil.

Thanks KM. I'm sold!
    pls report back with reviews!
    Ah...to be a well pampered pootiecat. I can sleep on my owner's lap. Roll over on my back when I want my stomach rubbed. Purr with delight. Suddenly jump off and walk away for no reason. Not respond when I am called. Throw my leg up and lick with intense abandon. Sleep 85% of the time. Hang my head off the couch and view the world upside down.:laughing5:
    Marie Dean is having a 20% off sale on her 2 sample packs until 12/31. Also her shipping is $5. Me thinks that she reads this blog. I'm going to try that conditioner sample pack now!
  • NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Marie Dean is having a 20% off sale on her 2 sample packs until 12/31. Also her shipping is $5. Me thinks that she reads this blog. I'm going to try that conditioner sample pack now!

Never a bad thing. :laughing8: Lemme mosey on to MD site... LOL!
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
    So I bought the Mango Tango Detangler and Mango Buttercream.

I like the Mango Detangler! It smells like watermelons and gives good slip. Slightly below [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]Knot Today[/buylink] but still good. [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]Knot Today[/buylink] is cheaper so I will keep using that.

I like the Buttercream as well but it is more oily/less conditioning than Afroveda's Totally Twisted. It's kinda what I expected but I wasn't sure. Much better for dry hair styling but it melts into wet hair too. I may or may not repruchase because I don't do much dry styling. We'll see.

I also recieved a sample of the Green Hemp conditioner. It feels like Jasmines's Babassu conditioner which was too oil heavy for my hair. I didn't have much luck with Jasmine's so I know this won't work for me.

All in all based on what I expected and what I recieved I feel like MD is consistent. I'm going to go ahead and purchase some puddings or smoothies next because I think they will give me the conditioning slip of a leave-in + buttery cream product that I'm looking for.

SL APL BSL MBL
    So I bought the Mango Tango Detangler and Mango Buttercream.

I like the Mango Detangler! It smells like watermelons and gives good slip. Slightly below [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]Knot Today[/buylink] but still good. [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]Knot Today[/buylink] is cheaper so I will keep using that.

I like the Buttercream as well but it is more oily/less conditioning than Afroveda's Totally Twisted. It's kinda what I expected but I wasn't sure. Much better for dry hair styling but it melts into wet hair too. I may or may not repruchase because I don't do much dry styling. We'll see.

I also recieved a sample of the Green Hemp conditioner. It feels like Jasmines's Babassu conditioner which was too oil heavy for my hair. I didn't have much luck with Jasmine's so I know this won't work for me.

All in all based on what I expected and what I recieved I feel like MD is consistent. I'm going to go ahead and purchase some puddings or smoothies next because I think they will give me the conditioning slip of a leave-in + buttery cream product that I'm looking for.
    My conditioner sampler is on its way. MD also recommended the ginger root [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/CURLS-Curl-Souffl-p-887.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curls-Souffle]souffle[/buylink], the sweet milk deep conditioner and the amla creamy butter for super dry, porous har. Just thought I'd pass that along.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file