Volumizing shampoos/conditioner for thin hair?

CurlyColombianaCurlyColombiana Posts: 82Registered Users
1. Do they really work? (Make hair look thicker and fuller)

2. Do they dry out hair even more?

3. Can they mess up your waves or curls?

4. Which volumizing shampoo/conditioner are the best?

PS: I was thiinking about buying Bumble and Bumble thickening shampoo and conditioner, have any of you ladies ever used it. If so, did it work for you?
2c/3a; low porosity; fine texture
Shampoo: Aussie Moisturizing Shampoo; Giovanni TTT Shampoo, Renpure Organics Shampoo (red bottle), Bragg ACV
Conditioner: AO Honey Suckle Rose, Renpure Organics Conditioner (red bottle)
Co-Wash: Suave Tropical Coconut
D.T: CJ Curl Rehab
L.I: CJ BC; KCKT; Alba Botanica Fragrance Free
Styler: KCCC; L.A Looks Sports; Alba Botanica Fragrance Free Strong Hold Gel
Pomade: Kinky Curly Gloss Pomade
P.T: CJ Curl Fix
Scalp Moisturizer: Shea Butter

Comments

• pe476206pe476206 Posts: 117Registered Users
    Volumizing shampoos and conditioners do not make your hair thicker. However, it makes the hair look thicker. Volumizing shampoos and conditioners are very light weight but I do find them drying. They are good for some one who does not have dry hair. I find shampoos that are daily/regular or normal on the container to be very moisturizing and do not weigh they hair down. They do not make thin/fine curly hair look thinner. However, any shampoo used too much on naturally curly hair can dry it out. I do not think volumizing shampoo and conditioners mess up curly/ wavy hair. They just make your hair have more volume. I do not know what brands are the best. I would test out some brands to see which ones you believe are the best. I hope this helped you.
    Fine hair, 3a/3b
    Shampoo: switching from a couple
    Conditioner: Herbal Essences totally twisted conditioner
    Deep conditioner: Aussie 3 minute miracle
    Styling products: pureology real curl, framesi hair treatment line colored treated serum
  • leimei00leimei00 Posts: 3Registered Users
    I recommend a shampoo called Shielo. I've had great success and I continue to invest on it. The site is shielo.com.

Unfortunately, years of mistreatment can make is very difficult to get your hair back to great conditions. Ill be checking this page for more ideas. Until then Im sticking with Shielo.
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    leimei00 wrote: »
    I recommend a shampoo called Shielo. I've had great success and I continue to invest on it. The site is shielo.com.

Unfortunately, years of mistreatment can make is very difficult to get your hair back to great conditions. Ill be checking this page for more ideas. Until then Im sticking with Shielo.
    Too expensive for my wallet. :(
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I just bought the samples sizes of Yarok shampoo/conditioner from Aveyou. It is their Feed Your Volume line. So far I am really liking them both. I am using joico joiwhip mousse with a bit of SS CEJ over that for my stylers. I have also used the Yarok shampoo with CJ Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner with good results as well (the same stylers).
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've had luck with Yes to Tomatoes shampoo and Yes to Carrots Condish.
  • EmmaJJEmmaJJ Posts: 10Registered Users
    Something I've taken notice of is when I don't use conditioner no hair falls out, when I do, clumps of hair falls out, no matter what type of conditioner

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file