How to get 2nd 3rd 4th day hair??

rochstar7rochstar7 Posts: 2Registered Users
I have quite short, very fine, thin, wavy/curly hair, and I am just beginning with the CG method. I can't seem to get 2nd day hair, because my curls get all flattened to my head when I sleep on them, and I really don't want to have to wash it every day. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot,

Margaret

Comments

• CurlyColombianaCurlyColombiana Posts: 82Registered Users
    rochstar7 wrote: »
    I have quite short, very fine, thin, wavy/curly hair, and I am just beginning with the CG method. I can't seem to get 2nd day hair, because my curls get all flattened to my head when I sleep on them, and I really don't want to have to wash it every day. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot,

Margaret

Hi. I have thin/fine wavy/curly hair too. What I usually do on the 2nd/3rd day is spray my hair with water, then I comb it with a wide tooth comb (cause it gets knotty sometimes), I apply a tiny bit of leave-in conditioner and then I scrunch in some moose.
    2c/3a; low porosity; fine texture
    Shampoo: Aussie Moisturizing Shampoo; Giovanni TTT Shampoo, Renpure Organics Shampoo (red bottle), Bragg ACV
    Conditioner: AO Honey Suckle Rose, Renpure Organics Conditioner (red bottle)
    Co-Wash: Suave Tropical Coconut
    D.T: CJ Curl Rehab
    L.I: CJ BC; KCKT; Alba Botanica Fragrance Free
    Styler: KCCC; L.A Looks Sports; Alba Botanica Fragrance Free Strong Hold Gel
    Pomade: Kinky Curly Gloss Pomade
    P.T: CJ Curl Fix
    Scalp Moisturizer: Shea Butter

• mtjcurlmtjcurl Posts: 11Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    hey rochstar7 :)
    i have really fine hair too and the only way i can keep my curls is by "pinappeling" at night (which means sticking it up in a really high ponytail on the very top of my head) and then i gently pin up any bits that hang down so i don't sleep on those bits either, and i sleep on a satin pillowcase. i can get 3rd day hair fine like that. but make sure ur hair is TOTALLY dry before u go to sleep. i also don't brush at all and co-wash, plus the products u use make a big difference on how the curls last.
    2c/3a, fine, LOVES protein
    In Australia!

washing routine:
    1. spritz & condish with cond & coconut oil
    2. wash with no poo & conditioner mixed with braggs (lots in summer!)
    3. cold rinse
    4. scrunch in vivant revitafoam (+ tigi curls rock in winter)
    5. pixie diffuse til 60% dry
    6. spray with juuce sea salt
    7. pixie diffuse til 80% dry
    8. clip roots
    9. leave to dry completely

mushroom/pineapple at night
    1st/2nd/3rd day hair down in summer, 1st & 2nd in winter!
  • aislinaislin Posts: 864Registered Users
    I wish I knew! Pinappling would work for longer hair, but you having said you have quite short hair that might not work for you. I don't even attempt second day hair anymore lol.

I would imagine you could try re-wetting a bit with a spray bottle and experimenting with products the day before that may provide that kind of hold for you and to reactivate the product. I've never found that works, for me it just makes me really frizzy. I wish I knew more but having fine, thin hair that's on the shorter side myself, I feel your pain!
    Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

• qimissungqimissung Posts: 211Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I know how you feel too! My layers have finally grown long enough to pineapple, you might want to do the spritz and re-scrunch thing with your styler mixed with water, that's what I do at our cabin. We have no water there.
    Fine cherub curls. LUS brand user. That's all I need!
  • anniemaeanniemae Posts: 1,702Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I also find it hard to get 2nd-day hair when I wear mine curly. It doesn't always look good, so I tend to wash my hair everyday.

Sometimes, though, I do use either Deva Curl Set It Free Spray or Garnier Fructis Wonder Waves Spray to reactivate my curls. Just spray either one in, and then scrunch. They are not heavy or greasy and don't weigh my hair down.
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • IAgirlIAgirl Posts: 2,540Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I never get 2nd day hair and I don't even expect to. I've got silky, slippery, fine hair and not a lot of it. I tend to at least rinse it every night to remove product and allergens and dust. In the morning, all I have to to is spray with water, add some gel (or whatever), diffuse a little, clip and it's dry in less than an hour. The styling part is less than 10 minutes, so it's not as though 2nd day hair would be a huge time-saver.
  • porque_pigporque_pig Posts: 238Registered Users
    Simply spritzing my hair with water, combing through with a wide-tooth comb, and scrunching with a white T-shirt is what works for me. My hair is much longer, but I'm getting some length taken off soon, and I'll let you know how that works.
    :batman: 2b/cFi, low density, normal porosity, high elasticity

Low-poo
    : Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Conditioner
    : Suave Naturals (whatever scent I have on hand)
    Styling
    : Paul Mitchell Round Trip, Tresemme Climate Control Finishing Spray

I'm a hair minimalist: the less time I spend on my hair, the better.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file