Curl junkie or aubrey organic?

Lovestoread22Lovestoread22 Posts: 33Registered Users
I need advice to decide whether i should buy aowc or beauticurls daily conditioner? I have very fine hair and live in a very humid place (so My hair is FRIZZY EVERYDAY), but other comparisons from the two brands are welcome!
Thanks
Dont live in US having trouble to find right products cos there are only few sold here
2c/3a
Hair damage by blow drying and flat iron weekly
Protein sensitive
CG mod since 01/09/2010
Shampoo; sebamed children shampoo sulfate free (a little unsure if the shampoo is sulfate free)
Conditioner; burt bees sugarbeet
DC: burt bees shea repair (but not really works for me though)
english is NOT my first languange so please bear with me if i have offend you by my choice of words

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I would try the new CJ Strengthening Conditioner. My fine hair LOVES it. The AO conditioners are really heavy, I can only use them in the winter time and probably won't purchase any more of them because there are too many conditioners I like a lot better. If you are going to try the AO conditioners, you should consider the AO GPB--fine hair usually likes and needs protein.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lovestoread22Lovestoread22 Posts: 33Registered Users
    Whats The difference between beauticurls and strengthen conditioner? And by heavy do you mean ao cond made your hair greasy?
    Dont live in US having trouble to find right products cos there are only few sold here
    2c/3a
    Protein sensitive
    CG mod since 01/09/2010
    Shampoo; sebamed children shampoo sulfate free (a little unsure if the shampoo is sulfate free)
    english is NOT my first languange so please bear with me if i have offend you by my choice of words
    Look at the ingredients. The new Strengthening one has lots of protein. My hair LOVES protein!
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oh great for you then, unfortunately mh hair is protein sensitive, so did the ao cond made your hAir greasy?
    2c/3a
    Protein sensitive
    CG mod since 01/09/2010
  • curlyhairmichukcurlyhairmichuk Posts: 860Registered Users
    I need advice to decide whether i should buy aowc or beauticurls daily conditioner? I have very fine hair and live in a very humid place (so My hair is FRIZZY EVERYDAY), but other comparisons from the two brands are welcome!
    Thanks

I'm a fine haired curly and the aowc isn't as heavy as the ao honeysuckle rose. I've used the aowc and it was ok in my hair - didn't make it feel greasy or anything. (I haven't tho used the CJ beautiful curls so can't compare that.) HTH a little :)

(try and get a hardish hold gel that should help with humidity frizz)
    UK curly

fine to medium strands, porous, medium density
    CG May 2009 - low poo occasionally
    Co-wash: Tresemme Naturals
    Styling -Naked Curl Defining Cream, BRHG, Mop Top, FSG
    Product for a good hair day: FSG or Mop Top
    Hair loves protein!
    http://public.fotki.com/curlyhairmichuk/
    new pics added Jan 2012

Enjoying the freedom of going curly!:wave:
    Duchess of Alba, Keeper of the Tartan Curls in The Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • FairlyCurlyFairlyCurly Posts: 839Registered Users
    I have very fine hair and, based on what I've read from other curlies, all of the oils in Aubrey Organic would weigh me down and make me greasy. I do use Curl Junkie BeautiCurls Daily Conditioner and like it quite a lot, but I only use it twice a week or I get over-conditioned. CJBDC is very moisturizing and gives great slip. If you're protein sensitive, fine-haired and prone to frizz, you might also want to check out [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Smoothing-Conditioner-p-997.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Smoothing-Conditioner]Curl Junkie Smoothing Conditioner[/buylink] (the rinse out). You could maybe rotate that with CJBDC, which is what I do. I also like to use [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-BeautiCurls-Leave-in-Hair-Conditioner-p-998.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-BeautiCurls-Leave-In-Conditioner]Curl Junkie BeautiCurls Leave-In Conditioner[/buylink] because that's really good for fine-hair and it helps reduce frizz. Good luck!

By the way, there is a lot of protein in the Aubrey Organic products, which is another reason why I've stayed away from them.
    3a/3b, Fine, low porosity.
    Curlyhairmichuk; did u use it in winter or summer?
    Fairewood; Do you mean the new product assurance smoothing conditioner? Should i use it as a leave in or as a conditioner cos i have very porous and dry hair by the way which ao condt did u use?
    2c/3a
    Protein sensitive
    CG mod since 01/09/2010
    Fairewood; Do you mean the new product assurance smoothing conditioner? Should i use it as a leave in or as a conditioner cos i have very porous and dry hair by the way which ao condt did u use?

I'm referring to the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Smoothing-Conditioner-p-997.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Smoothing-Conditioner]CJ Smoothing Conditioner[/buylink], not the lotion. I get the impression that the new CJ Smoothing Lotion may be too heavy for fine-hair.

This is what I'm referring to:

http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Smoothing-Conditioner-p-997.html

I never used an AO conditioner because I always read that they had a lot of oils in them and could cause problems for my type of hair. Also, I haven't bothered with them because they have a lot of protein.
    Thats funny though fairewood cos they recommend the smoothing lotion for fine hair in curljunkie.com btw which AO conditioner did u use? And have you ever tried [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]kinky curly knot today[/buylink] as a conditioner?
    2c/3a
    Protein sensitive
    CG mod since 01/09/2010
    Fairewood wrote: »

I'm referring to the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Smoothing-Conditioner-p-997.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Smoothing-Conditioner]CJ Smoothing Conditioner[/buylink], not the lotion. I get the impression that the new CJ Smoothing Lotion may be too heavy for fine-hair.

http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Smoothing-Conditioner-p-997.html

I never used an AO conditioner because I always read that they had a lot of oils in them and could cause problems for my type of hair. Also, I haven't bothered with them because they have a lot of protein.

Smoothing Lotion is great for my fine hair. Used it three or four times and no issues with it. I don't find [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink] moisturizing enough for my hair.

If your hair is fine and damaged, protein should be your friend. Maybe you haven't found the right protein product to use?? Some people are sensitive to one protein and not another. Because of the formulation, many people with protein sensitivities are able to use Curl Junkie without a problem.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kathymack; how about the elucence moisture, have u tried it?
    2c/3a
    Protein sensitive
    CG mod since 01/09/2010
    Everyone's hair is different. I have fine hair and it can only tolerate a little bit of protein. You just have to experiment and do trial and error. Yes, I tried [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink] and I didn't like it. I also found it to not be very moisturizing. As for the CJ Smoothing Lotion, I might try it, but I worry it might weigh me down. If I recall correctly, I think Marsha recommended that fine-haired curlies use only a very small amount of CJ Smoothing Lotion, if at all.

As I said, I haven't tried the Aubrey Organic Conditioners because they have too many oils and proteins for me.
  • MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I live in Miami, have fine hair (dry and porous, too) and I stopped using the CA Smoothing Rinse Out Condish. Didn't do much for me. I very much like the Beauticurls Daily Condish (not too heavey at all and nice slip) as rinse out. I love the Strenthening Condish as rinse out, but I do alternate with non-protein ones. My hair likes protein, but likely not as much as KathyMack. :)

I love the Smoothing Lotion's effects (not the scent but the outcome). I can use it as LI or as refresher and works great both ways.

I can't comment on the Aubrey products, and I only used two--AO HR and jojoba oil. The first is fine. The second weighed me down some. I may try the oil again come deep winter dryness, we'll see.
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    Kathymack; how about the elucence moisture, have u tried it?

That's one that I don't find moisturizing enough, either.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hmm now im wondering why so many people love [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]kckt[/buylink], And now id really LOVE to buy curl assurance smoothing lotion (the PJ in me) but i can only ship to where i live if it weighs no more than 8 oz ( i dont live in usa) so can anyone help me please?
    2c/3a
    Protein sensitive
    CG mod since 01/09/2010

I used it in springtime. (the smoothing co comes in 12oz, the beautiful curls is 8 oz) where are you located Lovestoread22?
    UK curly

Hair loves protein!
    new pics added Jan 2012

I live in a country who has a city named bali... Indonesia LOL
    2c/3a
    Protein sensitive
    CG mod since 01/09/2010
  • MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I live in a country who has a city named bali... Indonesia LOL

Do you ever have family visit? Can they bring you stuff?

Otherwise, I suppose you could get sample sized to see if it suits you, then, if it is good for you, arrange to get some when you visit the US or have family visit you.

Or you could make some sort of deal to get a LARGER sample size (say, 4 or 8 ounces) from whoever sells samples.

Your other option is to make your own goodies at home. Fine hair likes FSG, and you can make that for a styler.
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    No unfortunately i dont, du you know anyone who might be willing to sell the smoothing lotion for 8 oz?
    2c/3a
    Protein sensitive
    CG mod since 01/09/2010
  • KarenRB53KarenRB53 Posts: 355Registered Users
    kathymack wrote: »
    Fairewood wrote: »

Smoothing Lotion is great for my fine hair. Used it three or four times and no issues with it. I don't find [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink] moisturizing enough for my hair.

If your hair is fine and damaged, protein should be your friend. Maybe you haven't found the right protein product to use?? Some people are sensitive to one protein and not another. Because of the formulation, many people with protein sensitivities are able to use Curl Junkie without a problem.

Just wondering how you use the new smoothing lotion....on wet or dry hair. I'm going to get a few samples and trying to see which ones I want right now. Do you use any product on your hair when its dry. Especially on the 2nd day I need something to calm my hair, what would you suggest? Thanks
    3b, fine textured,thin and normal to high porosity.
  • Auntie BubbsAuntie Bubbs Posts: 1,068Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Does the AOHR have alot of protein in it?? I ask because I've been using it under the assumption it didn't. I read the ingredients list when I bought it and didn't see anything that stood out as protein, but I'm not as ingredient-saavy as I could be. I alternate with Burt's Bees Brazil Nut/Raspberry because that one does have protein.
    I may switch to a CJ condish when I run out of my current stash, though to be honest, the CJ condishs are pricy and the AO and Burt's Bees aren't, and price is a factor for me. I've splurged and bought a CJ leave in and also [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle-p-995.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle]CIAB[/buylink], and fallen in love with it (I actually got 2nd and 3rd day hair with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle-p-995.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle]CIAB[/buylink] twice now! whoo hoo :D) so will stick with that, but I can't really afford to splurge on too much more.
    The oiliness of AOHR isn't a problem for me, my hair is thick, dry, and needs moisture, but it is porous, and I don't really need alot of protein. Would too much protein be drying my hair out?
    That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
    Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
    RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
    Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
    Does the AOHR have alot of protein in it?? I ask because I've been using it under the assumption it didn't. I read the ingredients list when I bought it and didn't see anything that stood out as protein, but I'm not as ingredient-saavy as I could be. I alternate with Burt's Bees Brazil Nut/Raspberry because that one does have protein.
    I may switch to a CJ condish when I run out of my current stash, though to be honest, the CJ condishs are pricy and the AO and Burt's Bees aren't, and price is a factor for me. I've splurged and bought a CJ leave in and also [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle-p-995.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle]CIAB[/buylink], and fallen in love with it (I actually got 2nd and 3rd day hair with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle-p-995.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle]CIAB[/buylink] twice now! whoo hoo :D) so will stick with that, but I can't really afford to splurge on too much more.
    The oiliness of AOHR isn't a problem for me, my hair is thick, dry, and needs moisture, but it is porous, and I don't really need alot of protein. Would too much protein be drying my hair out?

AOHR doesn't have a lot, if any, protein. I don't use it.

If you're getting 2nd and 3rd day hair with the CJ products, and you usually don't, they're more cost effective then if you have to use products every day.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    kathymack do you know anyone who might be willing to sell curl assurance smoothing lotion for 8 oz? cause i cant ship to where i live if it weighs more than 8 oz, and alson do you think its fine to use CR as a rinse out condish? (i wash my hair once a week by the way)
    2c/3a
    Protein sensitive
    CG mod since 01/09/2010
  • Auntie BubbsAuntie Bubbs Posts: 1,068Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Kathy, I get 2nd day hair no matter what I use because I'm determined to LOL :D But it's looking alot better now with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle-p-995.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle]CIAB[/buylink]

Seriously though, I get really nice 2nd and now 3rd day hair with the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle-p-995.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle]CIAB[/buylink], but it doesn't seem to matter if I'm using CJ condishs and gels. My hair does like the CJ leave-in I am using, so I think that's a good thing, however, I used to use my rinse out as a leave in and still get good results. I got the CJ leave in from a swap, and my hair likes it, so I'm happy with it, but I don't see a huge difference from when I was using a bit of my rinse out instead.
    I really do think the reason I get good 2nd/3rd day hair is the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle-p-995.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle]CIAB[/buylink]. It could be the PEG dimethicone. I haven't used any kind of cones in like 3 years, my hair is probably going, "wow, what's this?!" LOL Whatever the reason, I'm happy with the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle-p-995.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curls-in-a-Bottle]CIAB[/buylink]. I tried the CCCCL and my hair hated it. I tried a few of the CJ condishs and my hair liked them, but not any more than the AOHR I think. I do think its good to alternate, so I probably will invest in a CJ condish down the road, but not for a while. Maybe when I run out of Burt's Bees I'll replace it with a CJ:)
    That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
    Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
    RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
    Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
  • SaroyanSaroyan Posts: 398Registered Users
    Lovestoread, another option is the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-BeautiCurls-Leave-in-Hair-Conditioner-p-998.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-BeautiCurls-Leave-In-Conditioner]Beauticurls Leave-In[/buylink], which is 8 oz and might even be better in hot, humid weather since it's glycerin free (I've never used the Smoothing Lotion, though, so don't quote me on that). My fine hair loves it. Of course, my hair also loves the Beauticurls Strengthening conditioner and eats up all kinds of protein, as much as possible, all the time, so your hair may not react the same.
    2a, very fine, very thick, protein-loving, not especially porous. cg since july 2010.

cleanse: cj daily fix, vo5 vanilla mint tea
    condition: marie dean anything, db pumpkin seed, cj curl assurance, cj beauticurls
    style: cj beauticurls leave-in, cj curl queen, cj cccc lite, kccc, homemade fsg, db coconut & hibiscus oil, ecostyler
    treatments: ss repairing protein, ss deeply decadent
    techniques: icequeen, plopping, scrunching upside down, pixie diffusing
    saroyan; that's what confused me the most because i live in a place that has both high humidity and dew point, but marsha suggest me to buy smoothing lotion for high dew point and also a lot of people mentioned that smoothing lotion has humectants which i think is the total opposite of what people who lives in tropical climates needs ( i think theres a article that says high humidity needs ANTI humectant to fight the frizz) but it has good reviews though so i'm going to try it
    2c/3a
    Protein sensitive
    CG mod since 01/09/2010
  • KarenRB53KarenRB53 Posts: 355Registered Users
    Last night I used Eleucence Moisture Shampoo then the Eleucence Moisture Repair Treatment, then used GDLI and used BB FSG and Curl Queen Gel. I do feel a little producty this morning, got some clumping but my hair feels like it has no body or substance. Any suggestions. I think I need more volumizing products. Are any of the CJ products for volume or body?
    3b, fine textured,thin and normal to high porosity.
  • twirlygrannytwirlygranny Posts: 1,114Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    KarenRB53 wrote: »
    Last night I used Eleucence Moisture Shampoo then the Eleucence Moisture Repair Treatment, then used GDLI and used BB FSG and Curl Queen Gel. I do feel a little producty this morning, got some clumping but my hair feels like it has no body or substance. Any suggestions. I think I need more volumizing products. Are any of the CJ products for volume or body?
    The [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-CoffeeCoco-Curl-Creme-p-488.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curl-junkie-coffeecoco-curl-creme]Coffee Coco Curl Creme[/buylink] Lite and the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Aloe-Fix-Hair-Styling-Gel-p-941.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Aloe-Fix-Hair-Styling-Gel]Aloe Fix[/buylink] gel both give body and volume.
    what about trying the Aussie swap board for some samples - as they are near to you (I think anyway!) - maybe someone would send you a sample
    UK curly

Hair loves protein!
    new pics added Jan 2012

I finally bought cj beauticurls daily condt and smoothing lotion but im afraid the glycerin will ruin the whole thing for me since i live in a very humid place
    2c/3a
    Protein sensitive
    CG mod since 01/09/2010

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file