Hibiscus for Super hydration

Curly_JammyCurly_Jammy Posts: 626Registered Users
Ladies just wanted to share, I have been spritzing my hair with a mix of, Strong brew of Hisbisucs petals, and aloe vera juice. And this is by far the most hydrating thing I have ever used. If you dont like aloe vera juice try rosewater.
3c, fine, porous,MBL
Pre: EVCO Poo: GTTT DC:AO GPB, TJ Nourish Spa+EVOO
LI: Cantu Shea butter LI, YesToCarrots,(AVJ+H2O) Spritz
Style: AVG, Eco Seal: Qp Mango & Olive oil, Shea AloeMix

Comments

• coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    Yes, I use hibiscus tea (dried flowers steeped in hot water) in my henna and as a final rinse after a wash, it's slightly acidic :)
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • vjbakkevjbakke Posts: 7Registered Users
    I will have to try adding it to my herbal hair rinses! Right now I use marshmallow root and burdock root.
  • stargazer613stargazer613 Posts: 103Registered Users
    The spritz sounds good. I've been wanting to try using hibiscus for the longest time.
    Natural/3c/4a
    Loves: EMB, QB, Shea Moisture Style Milk, AO cons, Evoo, honey, jojoba oil, castor oil, shea butter, acv
    /herb rinses, henna

http://www.public.fotki.com/stargazer613/
  • chebabychebaby Posts: 143Registered Users
    i mixed some hibiscus and amla in kbb hair mask this weekend and that was the silkiest i have ever had my hair feel. omg it was amazing. hibiscus powder will be a staple now.
    im fact this coming weekend i will be doing a treatment with amla powder, hibiscus powder, shikakai and brahmi powder and water and sweet almond oil.
  • Curly_JammyCurly_Jammy Posts: 626Registered Users
    @chebaby, Thanks I didn't think about that, Im going to buy some powder to add to my Amla+Coconut Milk treatment, I'm Excited!!!:toothy8:
    3c, fine, porous,MBL
  • morrighumorrighu Posts: 707Registered Users
    Hibiscus - hmmm.... Im going to have to make up some FSG and some of my home made KCKT and see what that does for it.
    morrighu wrote: »
    Hibiscus - hmmm.... Im going to have to make up some FSG and some of my home made KCKT and see what that does for it.

Would you mind sharing your receipe for the home made KCKT?
    3c, fine, porous,MBL
  • J.S.M.J.S.M. Posts: 415Registered Users
    Can hibiscus flower powder be left in the hair? I'm thinking of incorporating it into a homemade spray leave-in, and leaving the hibiscus powder in the mix would just be more economical for me than steeping the dried petals in hot water.

• lovelovelovelovelovelove Posts: 257Registered Users
    very very interested in this! ill try it out soon.
    Ca m'a fait de la pé-peine!:love7:
  • inspirationsttioninspirationsttion Posts: 22Registered Users
    I make my own hibiscus tea for drinking, but never thought to use it on my hair.

How many petals per cup of water to brew?
    I use about a 2tbs crush Hibiscus and 2 cup water, then let steep for a long time. I just did a rise, this is my go to super cure of dry hair in the summer!
    3c, fine, porous,MBL
  • ClassyCurlyDivaClassyCurlyDiva Posts: 3Registered Users
    How long do you steep the hibiscus and how much aloe vera juice do you mix?

Sent from my DROIDX using CurlTalk App
  • ajgrneyesajgrneyes Posts: 103Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Where do you ladies get your hibiscus powder from?
    sulfate, silicone and protein free since 6/11
    porosity - normal to low
    elasticity - normal

love my curls :love4:
    HGs:
    FSG
    Henna
    My own butter mixture
    My own version of Terressentials mud wash
  • ajgrneyesajgrneyes Posts: 103Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    morrighu wrote: »

Let us know how it works in the FSG; FSG is my HG and just made my best batch ever this weekend.
    sulfate, silicone and protein free since 6/11
    porosity - normal to low
    elasticity - normal

love my curls :love4:
    HGs:
    FSG
    Henna
    My own butter mixture
    My own version of Terressentials mud wash
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    ajgrneyes wrote: »
    Where do you ladies get your hibiscus powder from?
    you can get some at your local health/natural food store/co-op (if they sell bulk herbs and teas, they will have hibiscus). Natural remedy stores will have it too. It won't be a powder, typically in these stores you will find dried hibiscus flowers coarsely crushed.

ayurnaturalbeauty.com sells hibiscus petal powder
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • SharonDSharonD Posts: 10Registered Users
    Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and Style Conditioning Milk, and Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and Hold Smoothie, and
    Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Hold and Shine Moisture Mist are also very moisturizing.

Natural Hair Care: Coconut Oil For Hair !

:farao:
  • Curly ChicCurly Chic Posts: 79Registered Users
    I use about a 2tbs crush Hibiscus and 2 cup water, then let steep for a long time. I just did a rise, this is my go to super cure of dry hair in the summer!

Do you use this rinse after a shampoo or cowash or do you just wet your hair and then rinse it through?

Also, do you still use the spritz? I'd like to mix hibiscus, rose water and grapeseed oil.
    :happy7:BC 5/17/2010, 3C/4A Porous hair, Current staples: Garnier conditioners, Coconut & Grapesead Oil, Ecostler gel, Shea Butter mix, Elasta QP mango butter, Loreal sulfate free shampoo, Aphogee protein treatment, Henna & Ayurvedic Herb Treatments:dontknow:
  • NaturallyLovelyNaturallyLovely Posts: 12Registered Users
    I think I may give this a try. I already use this recipe for adding to my henna mix and rinse. So I will try it as a spritz.

Sent from my LG-P509 using CurlTalk App
  • FmasuhrFmasuhr Posts: 1,354Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ive been hearing lots of good things bout rose water, and been thiking bout trying it, now i read that you have been trying hibiscus, i am wondering have you tired mixing it with rose water as a spray? or as a rinse?

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
  • jessahjessah Posts: 95Registered Users
    Can one make their own powder? I have a hibiscus in the back and if I could dry some flowers... Any thoughts?
    Stopped fighting the pregnancy induced waves (9 year battle) and became natural 5/11
    2a/b? fine, low porosity
    co wash- say yes to carrots, strawberries and cream Vo5
    low poo- Lor'eal ever pure
    leave in- burt bees very volumizing watered down
    gel- beautiful curls wavy-curly, LA looks sport
    scrunch and pump works for me
  • apatt4975apatt4975 Posts: 142Registered Users
    If you have dried hibiscus then yes. Just throw some in a coffee grinder but remember not to use your grinder for coffee after grinding herbs.

Sent from my DROID X2 using CurlTalk App
  • apatt4975apatt4975 Posts: 142Registered Users
    This sounds so good. Will try

Sent from my DROID X2 using CurlTalk App
    You could just make fresh tea with the flowers, I would think you would get more of the benefits with fresh flowers. I read that Hibiscus flowers are high in antioxidants and vit. C.

Also you could take the fresh flowers soak them in water for a bit and then blend them up to make a hair paste. I have taken the dry leaves and blend them up with water to make a paste and added it to my Amla & Brahmi mix.
    3c, fine, porous,MBL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file