Tips for SS CEJ

curlyserfcurlyserf Posts: 858Registered Users
I have a sample of SS CEJ and REALLY like the way it encourages my curls and waves. It's definitely the best curl enhancer I have tried. My only trouble is I get a good amount of frizz with it. I've tried adding more gel and using some CJ CIAB as a finisher, but that tends to make my waves and curls stringy and limp.

Here's what I've been doing:

co-wash with Suave Naturals Ocean Breeze
RO and LI - GFTN
SSCEJ on soaking wet hair
blot dry with microfiber towel
apply gel (either LALSG or BRHG)
air dry for 10-15 minutes
diffuse using smaster method - add CIAB and more gel

Any suggestions as to different products or methods to use would be appreciated! I do have bottles of CJCQ and CJBSC on the way. Maybe those will work better ?!?!?

Kerri
2?/3a ??? ; fine; high density; normal porosity and elasticity
color treated

CURRENTLY USING:
cleanse:Organix Vanilla Silk, Use Me Cleansing Cream
rinse out/li:Ion Effective Care, Tresseme Naturals Radiant Volume (both with NPF added)
stylers:Curl Keeper, UFD Curly Magic, & Alba Botanicals Strong Hold Gel
PT:CJ Repair Me

mod CG since August 2010

Comments

• justajesuschickjustajesuschick Posts: 1,657Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have been having success doing this:

Leave in or curl cream on soaking wet hair. Then blot with heavy white t-shirt. Diffuse a bit and then add BRHG and diffuse to nearly dry.
    I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
    2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity
    CG since 7/1/2010

Cleanse: Abba Color Protect
    Condition: DevaCurl OC
    LI: CJ-Deep Fix, Beauticurls LI
    Curl Enhancer: CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
    Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
    Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler, CJRM
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've tried layering CEJ/FHG/BRHG results were not that great. Just OK. FHG/BRHG very good results but just a little softer then I would prefer and 2nd day was harder to get.

Then I tried CJ CurlFix LI/Mixed CEJ/FHG/BRHG. Great combo that held up for 2 days, it's one of my favorites for Fall/Winter. I also used some SS Protein Spray another time. Just three sprays and scrunched in before adding anything else and this worked really well too. So, I think if your hair can take some protein it's a good idea to combine SS stylers with it to give it a boost & some holding power.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Del-did you mix the CJ CurlFix LI/Mixed CEJ/FHG/BRHG all together or did you layer?
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
    xcptnl wrote: »
    Del-did you mix the CJ CurlFix LI/Mixed CEJ/FHG/BRHG all together or did you layer?

Layered otherwise I would have said mixed all but that would be a PITA wouldn't it?? :lol:
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • curlyserfcurlyserf Posts: 858Registered Users
    DEL2C wrote: »
    I've tried layering CEJ/FHG/BRHG results were not that great. Just OK. FHG/BRHG very good results but just a little softer then I would prefer and 2nd day was harder to get.

Then I tried CJ CurlFix LI/Mixed CEJ/FHG/BRHG. Great combo that held up for 2 days, it's one of my favorites for Fall/Winter. I also used some SS Protein Spray another time. Just three sprays and scrunched in before adding anything else and this worked really well too. So, I think if your hair can take some protein it's a good idea to combine SS stylers with it to give it a boost & some holding power.

So, DEL, would the amino acids in the CJBSC and the wheat protein in the CJCQ do the trick?

Kerri
    color treated

CURRENTLY USING:
    rinse out/li:Ion Effective Care, Tresseme Naturals Radiant Volume (both with NPF added)

mod CG since August 2010
    So, DEL, would the amino acids in the CJBSC and the wheat protein in the CJCQ do the trick?
    [/QUOTE]

Which product is this CJBSC?? :lol: I would think CJCQ could work in place of BRHG. Whether it's enough protein will depend on your hair of course :)
    Discovered CG 2007

Which product is this CJBSC?? :lol: I would think CJCQ could work in place of BRHG. Whether it's enough protein will depend on your hair of course :)[/QUOTE]

CJBSC = Beauticuls Strenghtening Conditioner

Kerri
    color treated

CURRENTLY USING:

mod CG since August 2010

oh no wonder I was thinking of stylers not rinse outs...I think if your hair can take it use that plus some protein in your styler. Watch how your hair reacts so you don't OD. I also haven't done this 2 days in a row because I do rotate products.
    Discovered CG 2007

oh no wonder I was thinking of stylers not rinse outs...I think if your hair can take it use that plus some protein in your styler. Watch how your hair reacts so you don't OD. I also haven't done this 2 days in a row because I do rotate products.

The Curl Queen has wheat protein. Another reason to be anxiously awaiting my package! Hopefully that will work better, although BRHG and LALSG both have protein, too. Maybe I'll try a little CJ Curl Fix as a leave in. Of course, I could always get some of the SS Protein Spray, being the PJ I am! :laughing4:

Kerri
    color treated

CURRENTLY USING:

mod CG since August 2010
    curlyserf wrote: »

The Curl Queen has wheat protein. Another reason to be anxiously awaiting my package! Hopefully that will work better, although BRHG and LALSG both have protein, too. Maybe I'll try a little CJ Curl Fix as a leave in. Of course, I could always get some of the SS Protein Spray, being the PJ I am! :laughing4:

I really like the protein spray so you won't hear be talking you out of it :laughing4: For my hair BRHG doesn't even act like it has protein. LALSG has more and my hair can't tolerate it at all. CQueen had pretty good hold & the protein didn't bother me in that one.
    Discovered CG 2007

curlyserf wrote: »

I really like the protein spray so you won't hear be talking you out of it :laughing4: For my hair BRHG doesn't even act like it has protein. LALSG has more and my hair can't tolerate it at all. CQueen had pretty good hold & the protein didn't bother me in that one.

Do you know when her shampoo is coming out? I know she had some delays. I'm anxious to try it!

Kerri
    color treated

CURRENTLY USING:

mod CG since August 2010
    Do you know when her shampoo is coming out? I know she had some delays. I'm anxious to try it!

nope no idea....
    Discovered CG 2007

• wavysuewavysue Posts: 363Registered Users
    I am really impressed with this line. I haven't tried the Protein spray because it doesn't get talked about very much?? Then I ran a search and found goobernut started a thread a while back.
    2B waves/ fine-med texture/normal porosity( I think?) trying to figure out my protein needs

AOGPB, SS Caitlins, Garnier Body Boost Condish
    CJ Daily Fix or KC Come Clean
    CJ Curl Fix is true LOVE:compress:
    Love all SS products
    Donna Marie Miragelly & my own FSG
    AG MousseGel
    BRHG
    Oh I also like CEJ with FHG combined rather then using them seperately. She does say on the tub of FHG to get the best of both worlds is to mix them. So that is what I like to do, I don't normally need more gel on top but I also like to wash every day. By the end of the day my hair is looser and 2nd day is non existent. Here is the thread about SS Protein spray. http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=101442
    2B waves/ fine-med texture/normal porosity( I think?) trying to figure out my protein needs

Love all SS products
    AG MousseGel
    BRHG
  • MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte

nope no idea....

I hope it comes out the same time as the protein tx (and whatever else she has reformulated). I want me some of that lowpoo bad. I liked it a lot.
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    MirCurls wrote: »

nope no idea....

I hope it comes out the same time as the protein tx (and whatever else she has reformulated). I want me some of that lowpoo bad. I liked it a lot.

Her etsy site said she is closed until the end of the week. I'm hoping that when she reopens, the new products will be available.

Mir - what do you use as a LI under the SS CEJ?

Kerri
    color treated

CURRENTLY USING:

mod CG since August 2010
  • justajesuschickjustajesuschick Posts: 1,657Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ...and Mir did not mention the tip that she shared with me some weeks back. She got good results with CEJ over FHG. May seem different than what is recommended but she indicated that it worked even better than the other way around for her. She encouraged me to get crazy and experiment.
    I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
    2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity
    CG since 7/1/2010

Cleanse: Abba Color Protect
    Condition: DevaCurl OC
    LI: CJ-Deep Fix, Beauticurls LI
    Curl Enhancer: CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
    Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
    Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler, CJRM
    ...and Mir did not mention the tip that she shared with me some weeks back. She got good results with CEJ over FHG. May seem different than what is recommended but she indicated that it worked even better than the other way around for her. She encouraged me to get crazy and experiment.

WHOA! That's living dangerously LOL

Love all SS products
    AG MousseGel
    BRHG

Another experiment to try! Will it ever end????:D And an outrageously crazy one at that!! Haha! I agree with wavysue - that's pretty dangerous!

Of course, when I was at Walmart today, I had to pick up a bottle of V05 conditioner. At least it was only $1!

Kerri
    color treated

CURRENTLY USING:

mod CG since August 2010

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file