CJ Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner

TeachDeafiesTeachDeafies Posts: 157Registered Users
Hm...how to explain this product...

Scent: Lovely! It has that fresh, floral scent that you'll smell in those nice stores that have scented products (like Crabtree and Evelyn, *not* Bath and Body Works or Yankee Candle). It's a light scent, but lingers a bit. I like it, though, because to me it just smells fresh and clean.

Slip: Great! A little goes a long way. I used a wide toothed comb to distribute it and it was great.

Rinsing: Again, great! With my old conditioner, I'd always have this greasy, slippery feeling at the base of my scalp after rinsing, even if I lifted my hair to rinse the underside. DH also noted that while he'd sometimes still see "suds" while I rinsed out with my old condish, he didn't see that at all with this one.

Curl formation: The first time I used it, I think curl frizz was "operator error"- I finger-combed the mousse through my hair when I normally scrunch. The result was more strands and frizz than normal. Today (the second time), my hair is more curly immediately, and scrunching the mousse in made my hair behave like normal. ETA: Curls also start forming higher up on the crown of my head.

Overall: I am a CJ BC Strengthening Conditioner convert! I'm not sure whether I can say it's my HG yet, but we'll see!
CG: 9/4/09

3a and 3b/F/ii

Condish: CJ Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner
Shampoo (Sulfate-free): Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat (use 1-2x/week)
Styling Product: HETT mousse

TRYING to grow it out- maybe softer water and going almost strictly CG will help!

Comments

• SaroyanSaroyan Posts: 398Registered Users
    Nice review! I'm loving this conditioner, too.
    2a, very fine, very thick, protein-loving, not especially porous. cg since july 2010.

cleanse: cj daily fix, vo5 vanilla mint tea
    condition: marie dean anything, db pumpkin seed, cj curl assurance, cj beauticurls
    style: cj beauticurls leave-in, cj curl queen, cj cccc lite, kccc, homemade fsg, db coconut & hibiscus oil, ecostyler
    treatments: ss repairing protein, ss deeply decadent
    techniques: icequeen, plopping, scrunching upside down, pixie diffusing
  • CurlykeyCurlykey Posts: 1,540Registered Users Curl Novice
    I would love to see more reviews for this conditioner. I'm thinking of trying it for my daughter since her hair is fine and she seems to be losing quite a bit of hair lately.
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
  • TeachDeafiesTeachDeafies Posts: 157Registered Users
    Ok, I have pictures of my hair from today. The current Frizzforecast is 83 degrees F with 24% humidity ("bone dry").

I apologize if this one looks a little funky- I used a program called "Photostitch" (came with my camera) to combine three pics into one

Photostitch%20back.jpg

The main photo that Photostitch used

IMG_0970.JPG

Look, Ma, barely any frizz!

IMG_0956.JPG

3a and 3b/F/ii

TRYING to grow it out- maybe softer water and going almost strictly CG will help!
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I LOVE this product. I think it's my favorite of the four new products. I used it as a leave in with the Aloe Fix Lite yesterday, it works that way, too. Next time, I'd use a little CIAB to top it off.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I used this conditioner for the first time today. I am pretty sure I have this conditioner to thank for the great root curl and volume I got today as I have used the gels I used today prior (CQ with BRHG/SS CEJ combined over the CQ).

Wowsa. As always my photos do not do it justice.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • justajesuschickjustajesuschick Posts: 1,657Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    xcptnl wrote: »
    I used this conditioner for the first time today. I am pretty sure I have this conditioner to thank for the great root curl and volume I got today as I have used the gels I used today prior (CQ with BRHG/SS CEJ combined over the CQ).

First, you look NOTHING like I thought you did. Isn't it funny how we have images in our heads of people we have not seen?? You-and your hair are beautiful!! I want those curls!!!
    I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
    2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity
    CG since 7/1/2010

Cleanse: Abba Color Protect
    Condition: DevaCurl OC
    LI: CJ-Deep Fix, Beauticurls LI
    Curl Enhancer: CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
    Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
    Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler, CJRM
  • Chelley MaeChelley Mae Posts: 359Registered Users
    I also love this condish, it's perfect and the shot of protein my hair needs several times a week. I also did a PT with this.
    2b/3A/ Fine/Med Porosity (i think)
    Mod CG
    Currently Using:
    Cleanser: Kathymack soap bars, Giovannie TTTT
    Rinse Out: CJ Curl Theory, Aussie 3 Min Miracle, Giovanni 50:50, Jasmine's Shea, Sevi Pumpkin Seed
    Leave Ins: Jasmines Babasu Buttercream, CJ CALI (HG), Jasmines Shea, CJ BCLI
    Stylers: CJ CCCC-Lite, Komaza CHP, SS CEJ, CJ SG
    Gels: CJ AF (HG), HEBE (HG)

First, you look NOTHING like I thought you did. Isn't it funny how we have images in our heads of people we have not seen?? You-and your hair are beautiful!! I want those curls!!!

Aww, thank you so much, you just made my day!
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte

She's even cuter IRL ;)

looks fantastic lady xcptnl& teachdeafies!
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've used this 2X now and also LOVE it. I think there's too much protein for me to use every day but still...I'm thinking HG. The slip is amazing! Detangles great. Plus it's aloe free which for me is a plus (although I can use the aloe in CJ better than any other lines). I know some are worried about the glycerin in low dews so hopefully it won't be too much.

Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Vegetable Glycerin, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Panthenol, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin Seed) Oil, Melissa Officinalis (Melissa) Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Leaf Extract, Yucca Leaf Extract, Keratin Amino Acids, Polyquaternium-7, Lecithin, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

DEL2C wrote: »

She's even cuter IRL ;)

looks fantastic lady xcptnl& teachdeafies!

Awww deeeelllll222cccccc - you are making me blush.
    Central Massachusetts

• rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    I love the results, but HATE the smell. I cannot get beyond it. It's too cloying. In a weird note, I actually LIKE the smell of the CF that everyone else seems to hate! It's on the swap board btw.
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TeachDeafiesTeachDeafies Posts: 157Registered Users
    rymorg2 wrote: »
    I love the results, but HATE the smell. I cannot get beyond it. It's too cloying. In a weird note, I actually LIKE the smell of the CF that everyone else seems to hate! It's on the swap board btw.
    That's interesting...I think of it as a fresh, clean scent (as I said in my OP, like a high-end store like Crabtree and Evelyn). Is there are particular thing about the scent you don't care for? I know that part of the reason I didn't care for the scent of the CJ Beauticurls Daily Condish is because I don't like my hair to smell like my food.

3a and 3b/F/ii

It's so interesting to hear how impressions of scent vary... I find the Beauticurls scent pleasant but mild, barely noticeable and definitely not cloying. I didn't mind the CF scent as much as everyone else seems to, but it was too long-lasting for my taste. On the other hand, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] is long-lasting too and some would call it cloying, but I guess I'd rather smell sweet than floral, because it's one of my favorites! Funny.
    2a, very fine, very thick, protein-loving, not especially porous. cg since july 2010.

condition: marie dean anything, db pumpkin seed, cj curl assurance, cj beauticurls
    style: cj beauticurls leave-in, cj curl queen, cj cccc lite, kccc, homemade fsg, db coconut & hibiscus oil, ecostyler
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    rymorg2 wrote: »
    That's interesting...I think of it as a fresh, clean scent (as I said in my OP, like a high-end store like Crabtree and Evelyn). Is there are particular thing about the scent you don't care for? I know that part of the reason I didn't care for the scent of the CJ Beauticurls Daily Condish is because I don't like my hair to smell like my food.

It gives me a HUGE headache. It's so cloying to me. I like the Beauticurls daily scent but don't use it often because my hair loves protein. I like foody, sweet scents. But even some foody, sweet scents give me headaches. I'm "Scentsitive" LOL....it's just trial and error with me.
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want to try this but the scent thing makes me nervous! I also wonder about the oils.
    CG since 7/1/2010

• MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Yep. The protein has made my curls really curl up and my root curl ratchet up so much I forget to clip these days cause sometimes the condish gives me enough root lift that I don't bother.

I've definitely notice that my lazy curls are curlier.
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    MIR! Since you often comment on fragrances, how do you feel about this one?
    CG since 7/1/2010

• plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    I'm curious about this conditioner, but I'm also concerned about the scent. Also, from the website, it says:

WHO NEEDS IT: Normal - Fine, Normal - Oily Hair Types.

I'm fine, but I'm not really oily. My hair does like protein though, and I could use more volume (especially on top) as well as root curl. I hope to get a sample at some point. Then I can see if I can handle the scent and if my hair likes it.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

My hair is fine and protein-loving but not oily, and it seems to like this conditioner. I alternate with more moisturizing ones since it's getting cold, but in warmer weather I can imagine using this almost daily.

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    plunkybug wrote: »
    I'm curious about this conditioner, but I'm also concerned about the scent. Also, from the website, it says:

WHO NEEDS IT: Normal - Fine, Normal - Oily Hair Types.

I'm fine, but I'm not really oily. My hair does like protein though, and I could use more volume (especially on top) as well as root curl. I hope to get a sample at some point. Then I can see if I can handle the scent and if my hair likes it.

I'm fine and not oily. This is my favorite of the four new products. I find the scent "benign."
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Is this one comparable to Aubrey Organics GPB? I have med/coarse hair, but my edges are finer and I am getting a little breakage. :( I used to use GPB when I needed a light PT every couple of months or so, but I ran out and haven't done one in forever. Is this a good alternative or should I try the Daily Fix?
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file