Kinky Curly Tiny Twirls Daily Moisturizing Styler

kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
For those that like jelly type products, this stuff is great! Here are the ingredients:

Ingredients:water, aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, althaea officinalis (marshmallow) root extract, vegetable glycerin*, citric acid, potassium sorbate, natural fragrance *certified organic

I've wanted to try this product ever since it came out--but it wasn't available anywhere but the KC website. In the past, their shipping was high and the customer service reports weren't good. I even tried to buy a "case" at Whole Foods when they started carrying the KC products--but they couldn't get it for me! I was buying some KC Spiral Spritz (use as a serum and jelly product) when I noticed that CurlMart had all the Tiny Twirls products in stock. Of course, I had to buy it.

My first experience with KCCC was one of my best hair days ever--up until that point. I was on nc.com for 4 months at that point. I didn't have a learning curve or any problems. I've since moved on because there are a lot of jelly products I like better. This would be one of them.

The smell is similar to KCCC. It comes in a bottle and is thinner, so it goes on MUCH easier. I've used it three times and it's worked well with any products I've used. Hair dries in a "normal" amount of time (normal for a low porosity curly.) It is a little "rubbery" when dry, but it scrunched out just fine. My hair was in beautiful, tight curls with nice volume and minimal frizz. It lasted throughout the day. For those who had issues with or don't like KCCC, I'd definitely try this product. If you like KCCC, you may like this one as well or better.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• TaraVictoriaTaraVictoria Posts: 374Registered Users
    thanks for this! I wanted to try it too - since I was hoping KCCC would work for me - but after a few tries now, it just doesn't.
    did you use a lot of product? just wondering....
    AND it's at my local Target! bonus!
    thanks again!
    Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...
    Deva One - LOVE it!!!!!!!

Botticelli's Flax Seed Hair Gel (a DIY!!!) THANKS Botticelli!!!!!!
    Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
    Shea Moisture Smoothie - GREAT stuff!

:angel5::angel5:
    for the love of the lens...

http://animafoto.smugmug.com/

www.animafoto.wordpress.com
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I never use a lot of any product, except for FSG. Just a couple of nickel sized globs.
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    im terrible. ordered this and never used it. hmmmm :) was going to use my kccc tonight but i wonder...eh ill play with it on one section.

km STAY having me digging in my closet for something! ;)
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
    empressri wrote: »
    im terrible. ordered this and never used it. hmmmm :) was going to use my kccc tonight but i wonder...eh ill play with it on one section.

km STAY having me digging in my closet for something! ;)

My pleasure. Have to admit that I've "been there, done that" with the hair products. If you get too many new products at once, you forget that some of them are there! A good dilemma to have.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    At Kathymack's suggestion, I tried the Tiny Twirls and LOVED it. KCCC takes SO long for my hair to dry that I just can't use it. Despite scrunching with CLU towels and/or plopping and then diffusing, my hair doesn't dry. I finally gave up on it.

Tiny Twirls worked amazingly well on me. I ended up with very good 2nd day hair after using it. My curls were very well defined, lots of curls and volume with no frizz ... and ... my hair felt awesome. It was so soft I had a hard time keeping my hands out of it.

I used MD Curly Styling Creme as a LI under it and scrunched a bit of gel on top. I still used some CIAB as extra frizz protection, because the weather was terrible on the day I used it.

I will definitely reorder this product. For any of you who were unable to use KCCC, give this one a try. It is definitely a great product.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • pjjosephgisspjjosephgiss Posts: 643Registered Users
    FrizzBGone...once again...you have me pulling out that card! I ordered the tiny twirls (and uhhh...some other stuff). Will let you know how it goes when it arrives!-:tongue3:
    Hair type-BC: 2/2011-mix of kinks+ coils
    Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
    LI/RO-Curl Junkie rehab, Shescentit Avocado condish, Oyin Hair dew
    DT-KBB Luscious Locks, Curl Junkie ANYthing, Shescentit Avocado condish
    Style- UFD, Camille Rose, Hello Curly, Kinky Curly
    Sealant- Jamaican Black Castor and Avocado oils, Qhemet Biologics Honey & Olive Hydrating Balm
    Will try any CG product at least once.
    Proud to be a PJ!
    :happy7::wave:
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Just curious what the hold is for this? I need a lot of hold.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
    I don't really need hold, use jelly products and no gel. This works out fine for me.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    They sell this down the street from me...thanks for the enabling, KM!

Ri, did you try it on your hair yet?
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    ellepixie wrote: »
    They sell this down the street from me...thanks for the enabling, KM!

Ri, did you try it on your hair yet?

no girl after all of that drama i didnt even use it that night lol it's more liquidy than the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]kccc[/buylink] so i might only get two day hair out of it.
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
    FrizzBGone...once again...you have me pulling out that card! I ordered the tiny twirls (and uhhh...some other stuff). Will let you know how it goes when it arrives!-:tongue3:

:thumbup: I'm always happy to 'help' people spend their money !!! I hope you like it. I really love this and I had very little luck with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink].

Tiny Twirls was a product that worked for me immediately. I found it really easy to use - no learning curve. It was very forgiving as far as how much product you use and how you apply it - unlike it's big sister, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]. I had SOOOO many problems with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] that I finally gave up on it.

As far as hold goes, I don't have it has the same amount of hold as [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]. I always scrunch in some gel for hold. I have switched to lighter or medium hold gels now that the humidity has left. My hair feels really soft after using it. I love it. As far a comparable product ... I'd compare it to SS's CEJ. It works the same way for my hair.
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
    Still waiting:laughing2::crybaby:...but I have lots of stuff to use meanwhile....:thumbup:
    Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
    Sealant- Jamaican Black Castor and Avocado oils, Qhemet Biologics Honey & Olive Hydrating Balm
    Proud to be a PJ!
    I used this again this morning and am absolutely loving it. It works well with everything I've tried it with so far. This morning I used the CJ Smoothing Lotion, followed by the TT and some Knotty Boy gel.

My hair looks and feels great. It curls up so quickly; I have lots of volume and curl definition, and my hair feels super soft.
    FrizzBgone wrote: »
    I used this again this morning and am absolutely loving it. It works well with everything I've tried it with so far. This morning I used the CJ Smoothing Lotion, followed by the TT and some Knotty Boy gel.

My hair looks and feels great. It curls up so quickly; I have lots of volume and curl definition, and my hair feels super soft.

Thanks for this combo tip Frizz! Yesterday I used the Styler with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]Knot Today[/buylink] and had a good hair day...I'm going to try it with either the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-BeautiCurls-Leave-in-Hair-Conditioner-p-998.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-BeautiCurls-Leave-In-Conditioner]Beauticurls LI[/buylink] or SL. Our dews are in the 40s today, so I don't want to use too much glycerin.
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • DerbyCityNaturalsDerbyCityNaturals Posts: 422Registered Users
    Hmmm I'm game, I love KCCC but I hate the scoop and slap method of applying.
    Hmmm I'm game, I love KCCC but I hate the scoop and slap method of applying.

I definitely don't recommend sectioning your hair to apply this product...it's too watery - when I sectioned I ended up using like half the dang bottle. My roots are puffier where the product didn't spread to, but my hair is soft and it's still cute. Also, with KCCC I get much more shrinkage and coils - this doesn't do that!
    YouTube
  • sherry7899sherry7899 Posts: 897Registered Users
    Does Whole Foods carry this product?

My hair doesn't like [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] anymore. It worked really well for awhile, but it doesn't work anymore. My hair comes out all stringy.

thanks-
    Sherry
  • JusduitJusduit Posts: 578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    sherry7899 wrote: »
    Does Whole Foods carry this product?

My hair doesn't like [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] anymore. It worked really well for awhile, but it doesn't work anymore. My hair comes out all stringy.

thanks-
    Sherry

I haven't tried it.......yet, but I do remember seeing the Tiny Twirls line at the WF I go to.
    3a (protein sensitive)
    Fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Cleansers: Mop-C Hydrating Shampoo, JCGLS
    Conditioners: CJCR, TJTTT
    Leave-in: CJCR, CK Satin Roots
    Stylers: UFDCM, CJPP
    Standby items:GVP K-Pak
    I haven't done this myself, but I suspect it is something you could do ... Using a Denman brush to distribute it might help.

It is definitely a more water-y product than [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]. It is one of my favourite jelly's now. I LOVE it !!
    FrizzBgone wrote: »
    I haven't done this myself, but I suspect it is something you could do ... Using a Denman brush to distribute it might help.

It is definitely a more water-y product than [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]. It is one of my favourite jelly's now. I LOVE it !!

That may help someone with a looser curl, good look!

I know for me that would = disaster though, lol!
    YouTube
    My hair is going thru a dry period now. We have low dews here in the North East...do you all think the glycerin is the culprit? I usually use the TT over Biolage conditioning balm, or a shea moisture product... maybe it's time to switch back to UFDCM?:sad9:
    Proud to be a PJ!
    My hair is going thru a dry period now. We have low dews here in the North East...do you all think the glycerin is the culprit? I usually use the TT over Biolage conditioning balm, or a shea moisture product... maybe it's time to switch back to UFDCM?:sad9:

My hair is rarely dry. But, I will have to say that I didn't find the Biolage (or generics) moisturizing enough for my hair.

I rotate products and don't notice the TT making my hair dry. (I live outside of Philly, so assume our weather is similar.)
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    kathymack wrote: »

My hair is rarely dry. But, I will have to say that I didn't find the Biolage (or generics) moisturizing enough for my hair.

I rotate products and don't notice the TT making my hair dry. (I live outside of Philly, so assume our weather is similar.)
    Thanks KM. Planning to stock up on really good leave ins on the Black Friday sales...
    Proud to be a PJ!
  • CurlykeyCurlykey Posts: 1,540Registered Users Curl Novice
    I would love to try this. Lately my hair has been doing great with just a little bit of leave-in, a jelly product and a tiny bit of BRHG. I don't even know that I need the BRHG, but I use it anyhow. How does this compare to AOMM, DMMCJ or Darcy's coiling jelly? These products work great in my hair. I love KCCC but I'm always looking for a good product to alternate it with. TIA.
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
    I would compare it more to the DM Curling Gelly then the AOMM. Haven't tried the Coiling Jelly because it contains castor oil.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FairlyCurlyFairlyCurly Posts: 839Registered Users
    nm
    3a/3b, Fine, low porosity.
    Fairewood wrote: »
    Does Tiny Twirls mix well with Kinky Curly Knot Today? Are they compatible?

I don't use Knot Today, it's not moisturizing enough for me. I can't imagine it wouldn't be compatible--it's made by KC to work with KCCC. The Tiny Twirls is just their childrens line.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurlykeyCurlykey Posts: 1,540Registered Users Curl Novice
    I have a bottle of the KCTT headed my way. I can't wait to try this out. KM or anyone else that has tried it, how do you think it compares to SS CEJ? I think at first I will use it with just a leave-in to see how it performs by itself and then I will experiment with it.
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
    Curlykey wrote: »
    I have a bottle of the KCTT headed my way. I can't wait to try this out. KM or anyone else that has tried it, how do you think it compares to SS CEJ? I think at first I will use it with just a leave-in to see how it performs by itself and then I will experiment with it.

The KC TT Moisturizing Styler is a "jelly" product. I wouldn't use it as a leave in, I'd use a creamy, moisturizing product underneath. It's in the same category as the SS CEJ--would you use that as a leave in?? I use the jelly products as my final product, unless I'm using a serum (extremely high or low dewpoints.)

At any given time, I have different favorite jelly products. Right now, the BS Puree and UFD Curly Magic are working the best. However, next week, it could be the SS CEJ or KC TT Moisturizing Styler. They are all great products.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I also use the Tiny Twirls as my curl enhancing product. I apply a LI under it, finger comb the TT through and then scrunch in some gel.

I always get great results from this combination. I have never been one to stick with KCCC; my hair never dried and the results were too inconsistent for me. The TT is a much better fit for me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file