CurlTalk

DIYers How much should I purchase?

I have mid-back length hair, medium thickness (used to be very thick however after coppola I've had slow hair loss x 4months), probably 4a/b. I'm thinking of doing the QOD at home and I've read several of your helpful threads.
My question is, how much do I need? Would I need the whole 33oz bottle for one time use? also do I need the whole kit? can't I just clarify with any shampoo till my hair squeaks?

Comments

• trevelyanatrevelyana Posts: 9Registered Users
    also anyone recommend an ebay seller they've used??
  • AphroDivaAphroDiva Posts: 183Registered Users
    trevelyana wrote: »
    I have mid-back length hair, medium thickness (used to be very thick however after coppola I've had slow hair loss x 4months), probably 4a/b. I'm thinking of doing the QOD at home and I've read several of your helpful threads.
    My question is, how much do I need? Would I need the whole 33oz bottle for one time use? also do I need the whole kit? can't I just clarify with any shampoo till my hair squeaks?

Hi!
    I think maybe 4oz will be enough. The 33oz bottle will have up to 8-13 applications (depending on hair lenght and volume)
    All you need is the QOD and a flat iron that will go up to 450...You can look at tutorials on YouTube..QOD has many tutorials you can watch online. The product might come with instructions, or as I said is all online.
    I use Suave clarifying shampoo before a treatment, then use EverPure (Loreal) as my regular shampoo/condish.

Hope this helps!

xoxoxoxoxx

Hope this helps
  • DimePiece17DimePiece17 Posts: 521Registered Users
    trevelyana wrote: »
    also anyone recommend an ebay seller they've used??

Keratintoday ( aka keratin4u)
    Beauty Tips for the Budgetista?
    Check me out on Youtube, Tumblr, FB, and Twitter!
    DimepieceonaDime-FB PAGE, Youtube Channel, and Tumblr
    Dimefabulous-Twitter name
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fdimepieceonadime.tumblr.com%2F" class="Popup
  • trevelyanatrevelyana Posts: 9Registered Users
    Thanks guys! any advice on Coppola vs. Qod Max? I searched around but couldnt find a definitive answer. On the one hand I liked the mildness of coppola and it was toted as formaldehyde free by my stylist, and that the salon wont ever do the other BKTs coz they're baaad.. yada yada.
    On the other hand, I definitely had some hair fall, and I wouldn't mind a product that's a bit stronger.

Thoughts?
  • DimePiece17DimePiece17 Posts: 521Registered Users
    Coppolla= crappolla for hair that is anything 3c and above. too week. and doesn't late long. Also, with those fumes? Formeldahyde free me a$$!!!

Qod max= less fumes, and lasts longer for my 4a/3c curls.
    Beauty Tips for the Budgetista?
    Check me out on Youtube, Tumblr, FB, and Twitter!
    DimepieceonaDime-FB PAGE, Youtube Channel, and Tumblr
    Dimefabulous-Twitter name
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fdimepieceonadime.tumblr.com%2F" class="Popup