Garnier Triple Nutrition (Again)

I know there are several threads about this conditioner, but they seem old so here I am. I read some of the reviews here and tried this (twice). My hair has been so dry so I thought this might be the ticket.

The first day I CO'ed with VO5 kiwi lime and used the GF conditioner as a rinse out and as a leave in. It was kind of thick and seemed like it was going to work. I then went to get a trim. My hair is mid back and the person brushed out my hair (I know) and trimmed it. As my hair dried, it just kept looking worse and worse (dry with bunchy ends). I thought it might be because of the brushing. Before I left the salon I sprayed it with water to sort of start over. But it never recovered that day.

Then next day I did the same thing except I ACV'ed between conditioners. When my hair dried, it looked frizzy and bad.

So I went back to VO5 yesterday and it was still dry, but looked much better. I don't think the Garnier is very good for my hair. I could sure use a moisturizing conditioner that is inexpensive.
Maudie

CO wash-Vo5 Kiwi Lime
Regular CO-Tresemme Naturals Silicone Free
Deep CO-Aussie 3 Minute Miracle

Shampoo-Jhirmack Silver Plus Ageless once a week
Cream-Garnier Fructis Sleek $ Shine Leave-In Conditioning
Gels-LA Looks Sport

Going silver-last hair color 4/10/15

Comments

• Deb418Deb418 Posts: 45Registered Users
    You might want to try Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisturizer with Avocado and Aloe. It's a pretty good moisturizer with great slip, and it's very cheap.
    TONS of fine, porous, mostly 3b curls. Normal elasticity.
    Shampoo: Ouidad WaterWorks or Curlisto Botanical Shampoo, 3-4x/wk
    DT (weekly): Ouidad DT, Curlisto Deep Therapy Masque
    Pre-Swim CO: Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Daily CO: Kenra Moisturizing, TJ Nourish, Curlisto Botanical Rinse, Garnier Color Shield, Curlisto Bio-Curl
    LI: Curlisto Repair Cream, Curlisto Protein Boost, AG Re:Coil
    Stylers: UFDCM/Curlisto Structura combo
  • aislinaislin Posts: 864Registered Users
    You're not alone... At first I thought this conditioner was pretty good, but after I used about 1/4 of the bottle, I had the same thing happen to me that happened to you. I've never had any luck with Garnier products, but I was hoping this time I'd be wrong because of all the rave reviews this conditioner received here.

I've also heard Tresseme Naturals Moisture conditioner was good, and no cones either! But always double check I suppose :).

Anyway, sorry this didn't work out for you, I hope you'll find something better soon!
    Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

• asianrunnerasianrunner Posts: 2,251Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've tried the GFTN and didn't like it as well either. It just wasn't as moisturizing and I can't remember why I else I didn't like it.

Other moisturizing conditioners: the generic Biolage conditioner from Sally's, Yes to Cukes, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Beauticurls.
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    First day hair with VO5 is great; second day hair not so much. I will look into the Tresemme and the Biolage. Thanks so much.
    Maudie

CO wash-Vo5 Kiwi Lime
    Regular CO-Tresemme Naturals Silicone Free
    Deep CO-Aussie 3 Minute Miracle

Shampoo-Jhirmack Silver Plus Ageless once a week
    Cream-Garnier Fructis Sleek $ Shine Leave-In Conditioning
    Gels-LA Looks Sport

Going silver-last hair color 4/10/15
  • happycurls24happycurls24 Posts: 263Registered Users
    Yeah, I didn't much like the 3 nutrition. I thought it was too light and worked better as a cowash.
    I do like the sleek and shine, I find it is more moisturizing.

Tresemme naturals also wasn't moisturizing enough for me. I guess my hair just needs a TON of moisture.

Good moisturizing conditioners:
    Aussie Moist (MY HG) (it does have one silicone though)
    GVP conditioning balm
    Garnier Sleek and Shine
    Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose
    Hair Type: 3b /3a?.... medium texture, normal porosity:afro:

Conditioner:
    Aussie Moist

Shampoo: Organix Shampoo

Other products: Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam Mousse, LA looks Sport gel, & whatever is cheapest for a frizz serum.

:blob:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file