Kiss My Face Upper Management Stying Gel ?

curl goddesscurl goddess Posts: 220Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
just wondering what the consensus is on this product. Cant get the product review page to come up for me . . .

thx!:wave:
3a long thick -botticelli hair when there is humidity
2c wavy w/curls if there isnt.
currently using Bioterra & KMF in winter
Jessicurl styling in summer
Natures Gate poo & condish
Thank you NC for bringing me back to curly!

Comments

• curl goddesscurl goddess Posts: 220Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    wow - i went ahead and bought this today and used it - got great ringlets in my hair . . .

wonder how long this will last and what it will look like tomorrow . .
  • aislinaislin Posts: 864Registered Users
    I really like this gel! I get amazing clumps with it and it plays well with all my other curl enhancers, I use this on top. The only negative that I have about it is that it seems to leave me dry, even though I do use a good LI underneath. So it's in the rotation of things, but I don't usually use it more than a few days in a row.

Also because it's so dang thick, I had to put it in a wide mouthed jar because I have problems squeezing it out of its original container lol.
    Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

I also noticed that you use Bioterra in your signature... Just wanted to mention that I've used KMFUM over Bioterra's curl cream with great results! That's usually the way I use it. I also like to use it over Ecostyler and I get really big bouncy curls in the back with lots of shine and good hold.

thanks for the tip! Ill try that!

My hair looks great today too!
  • Chelley MaeChelley Mae Posts: 359Registered Users
    Where can u get this? Anywhere on the ground?
    2b/3A/ Fine/Med Porosity (i think)
    Mod CG
    Currently Using:
    Cleanser: Kathymack soap bars, Giovannie TTTT
    Rinse Out: CJ Curl Theory, Aussie 3 Min Miracle, Giovanni 50:50, Jasmine's Shea, Sevi Pumpkin Seed
    Leave Ins: Jasmines Babasu Buttercream, CJ CALI (HG), Jasmines Shea, CJ BCLI
    Stylers: CJ CCCC-Lite, Komaza CHP, SS CEJ, CJ SG
    Gels: CJ AF (HG), HEBE (HG)

• asugirlasugirl Posts: 938Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Whole Foods sells it. I get it at Vitacost for a lot cheaper!

2c/3a - fine - medium porosity & density
  • Chelley MaeChelley Mae Posts: 359Registered Users
    Muchas gracias!
    2b/3A/ Fine/Med Porosity (i think)
    Mod CG
    Currently Using:
    Cleanser: Kathymack soap bars, Giovannie TTTT
    Rinse Out: CJ Curl Theory, Aussie 3 Min Miracle, Giovanni 50:50, Jasmine's Shea, Sevi Pumpkin Seed
    Leave Ins: Jasmines Babasu Buttercream, CJ CALI (HG), Jasmines Shea, CJ BCLI
    Stylers: CJ CCCC-Lite, Komaza CHP, SS CEJ, CJ SG
    Gels: CJ AF (HG), HEBE (HG)

• SummerRubySummerRuby Posts: 468Registered Users
    I tried it, and I didn't like it. It didn't make my hair crunchy like gels normally do, but it made my hair look like it was literally glued against my scalp (I have a very short crew cut right now) and it left my hair feeling odd and gummy. It also doesn't seem to mix well with other products; it will leave a white, hard-to-get-rid-of residue when combined with some products. It has a nice hold, and I assume it would work better for longer hair.

Ive only had short hair once in my life - Its been so long i dont remember, but i imagine a thick gel like this would NOT be what you'd want to use.

but for thick long hair like mine, its workin' like a charm. I think Im still happiest with Jessicurl, esp for 2nd and 3rd day hair . . ..
    Still loving this. I use it with the Bioterra Creame as suggested and it works like a dream. I do rotate with Jessicurl just for a change - my hair responds better when I mix it up instead of using the same product continuously
    Still loving this. I use it with the Bioterra Creame as suggested and it works like a dream. I do rotate with Jessicurl just for a change - my hair responds better when I mix it up instead of using the same product continuously

Glad it worked for you! I am the same way- I have to switch it up to get the best results no matter what I'm using.

SummerRuby wrote: »
    I tried it, and I didn't like it. It didn't make my hair crunchy like gels normally do, but it made my hair look like it was literally glued against my scalp (I have a very short crew cut right now) and it left my hair feeling odd and gummy. It also doesn't seem to mix well with other products; it will leave a white, hard-to-get-rid-of residue when combined with some products. It has a nice hold, and I assume it would work better for longer hair.

I have relatively thin and fine hair and this works well for me, but my hair is probably considered mid length. I do have graduated layers, and the back was very short when I first starting using this (like only a few inches long) and it still worked well.

I've never mixed it with other stylers though- I apply it separately on top of other stylers. I get tons of crunch with this product though.... It's so strange how products can work so differently for different people!

• breathebreathe Posts: 399Registered Users
    I love it! I use Triple Nutrition as a leave in and then use my mix of olive/castor/jojoba under the gel. It dries very soft and feels as if I don't have a gel on at all.
    big chop: 03/09/2010.
    modified cg.
    medium/coarse | dense | normal porosity | 4b/3c with random sprinkles of 4a.

• nana_banananana_banana Posts: 735Registered Users
    I really like this gel in the winter months. But in the summer months, it doesn't work well because the humidity makes everything crazy. :blob7:
    Hair type: Mostly 3C, medium porosity to high porosity depending on the day, dense, fluffy, dry, tangly!

:afro:
  • madhuri_dixit_fanmadhuri_dixit_fan Posts: 310Registered Users
    Love this gel to touch-up my locs, as a winter gel on the bottom half of my daughters' hair, and on my son's mohawk. Plays well with all the conditioners and oils we use. Our hair ranges from 2 to 4b.:farao:
    RIP Natasha Richardson

Holy Grails: Alba Botanica Leave-In Conditioner, AVG, EVO Coconut Oil, Amla Oil, KC Spiral Spritz, Brahmi Oil, Tea Tree eo, Rosemary eo, Distilled H2O, Aloe Vera Juice, Neem Oil, ACV, Dr. Bonner's Skikakai Castile Soap, Avocado Oil

Sometimes: AOMM Jelly, KCNT, KCCC
  • wavyblondewavyblonde Posts: 1,637Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I like it...I sometimes use it over SS CEJ. Great results!
    2c/3a with 2b underlayer. Fine, porous. Loves protein. But not hydrolized wheat protein. Yuck.

Wash: WEN Sweet Almond Mint or Pomegranate
    Gels: LA Looks Sport Gel
    Mousse: Tigi Catwalk Curlesque
    Curling creams/gellies: Coffee Coco Curling Cream Lite, Spiral Solutions Curl Enhancing Jelly, Curls Gel-les'c
    SOTC: JC N&S (LOVE)
    http://public.fotki.com/wavyblonde/hair-2010/
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Health Food stores and some larger markets carry Kiss My Face products.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file