Compare DBDCC to CJDF

rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
Has anyone used both the new Darcy's cleansing conditioner and CJDF? Can you compare them for me? How about the winter spice oil? THX!
Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Low poo: looking
COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
RO: varies
Protein: CJCF or CJRM
DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
LI: varies, usually KCKT
Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• angel29ishangel29ish Posts: 800Registered Users
    I have a review here: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=110081&page=2

I find DBCC to be more of a co-wash than a cleanser like CJDF. It's probably due to chelating ingredients in DF. Both leave my hair nicely moisturized, but with DF my scalp feels cleaner which is probably because of the tingle from the Peppermint extract. If you've tried any of the Marie Dean conditioners for a co-wash, DBCC is very similar to them (minus the strong scent). HTH

CJDF ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG -7 Olivate, Guar Hydroxypropytrimonium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Matricaria Recuitita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Yucca Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Melissa) Leaf Extract, Polysorbate 60, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance.

DBCC ingredients: Distilled Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Rice Bran Oil, Organic Shea Butter, BTMS, Grapeseed Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Cetyl Esters, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Extract, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon) Peel Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Leaf Extract, Cationic Guar Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, and Fragrance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3B, fine, low/normal porosity
    CG - July 2009
    CO/RO/Trt.-Suave, BCB, Tigi OH & MM, EO, CJRehab, SG, DF & CF, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Darcy's, K-Pak, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin, JCWDT, CurlQ
    LI-GDLI, Abba PGC, CJRehab, CF,SG & BCLI, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin
    Styler-FSG, Re:coil, CJCCCC lite & CIAB, Komaza CCP & CS, DB, BRHG, Joiwhip/gel, Ecostyler, Boots, SS, Gel-les'c, DMMCG, KCSS
    Too many others to list!
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    Thanks Angel!

The idea of a vanilla scent would be ok if I thought it was a product I could use regularly but if it's closer to a CO wash then I'll probably pass. I can't use Marie Dean, I'm totally allergic, but I use my DB pumpkin all the time as a CO anyway. I'll just stick with that.

Thanks again! :D
    angel29ish wrote: »
    I have a review here: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=110081&page=2

I find DBCC to be more of a co-wash than a cleanser like CJDF. It's probably due to chelating ingredients in DF. Both leave my hair nicely moisturized, but with DF my scalp feels cleaner which is probably because of the tingle from the Peppermint extract. If you've tried any of the Marie Dean conditioners for a co-wash, DBCC is very similar to them (minus the strong scent). HTH

CJDF ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG -7 Olivate, Guar Hydroxypropytrimonium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Matricaria Recuitita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Yucca Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Melissa) Leaf Extract, Polysorbate 60, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance.

DBCC ingredients: Distilled Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Rice Bran Oil, Organic Shea Butter, BTMS, Grapeseed Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Cetyl Esters, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Extract, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon) Peel Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Leaf Extract, Cationic Guar Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, and Fragrance.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    YW! DBCC is really very nice and is worth trying if you'd like to switch off with CJDF. The vanilla scent is very mild so it may not be a problem for you sensitivity wise.
    Since we have been having lower dews, I've been having fantastic curls when I use DB products as follows:
    - wash with DB Cleansing Cream
    - RO with DB Pumpkin co
    - LI with DB Shea Butter Curl Moisturizing Cream
    - FSG & BRHG
    - scrunch out moisture with towel
    - finish with Curls Gel-les'c smoothed and scrunched in as a serum
    Great soft, moisturized, bouncy, shiny and frizz free curls with this combo that lasts through the whole day. :angel2:
    CG - July 2009
    CO/RO/Trt.-Suave, BCB, Tigi OH & MM, EO, CJRehab, SG, DF & CF, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Darcy's, K-Pak, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin, JCWDT, CurlQ
    LI-GDLI, Abba PGC, CJRehab, CF,SG & BCLI, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin
    Styler-FSG, Re:coil, CJCCCC lite & CIAB, Komaza CCP & CS, DB, BRHG, Joiwhip/gel, Ecostyler, Boots, SS, Gel-les'c, DMMCG, KCSS
    Too many others to list!
    Hmmm....I may have to try it anyway then. Thanks again!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ITA with Angel on her review. Of the two products, I prefer CJ's Daily Fix. My hair is felt conditioned and really clean with this product. It feels like it has been shampoo'd rather than co-washed. Darcy's Cleansing Conditioner is still very good, but definitely feels more like a co-wash. My hair and scalp doesn't feel as clean as it does with DF.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
    Thanks FBG.....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I honestly don't see how Darcy's is considered a cleansing conditioner? It doesn't have any real surfactants? It's really just a conditioner. CJDF has Beh Meth and Coco betaine which are cleansing ingredients. I can't see how they are the least bit comparable. It might make a nice Rinse out :happy11:
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • lesliegonnacurllesliegonnacurl Posts: 478Registered Users
    I can imagine that the Darcy's would remove my Kinky Curly products, but is it strong enough to remove Curl Junkie products? Such as CCC Lite? (Which I have been using lately)
    Mostly relaxed, yet still curly hair, which I am going to try to grow out with daily conditioner rinses and a shampoo once or twice a week.

Officially Transitioning since March 2011.
    Last Relaxer September 2010

Got some kind of curly bangs going here! And I think my bangs are all natural!

I think that my natural hair is somewhere between a 3b and a 3c, I hope it's not too soon to tell! :blob4:
    I can imagine that the Darcy's would remove my Kinky Curly products, but is it strong enough to remove Curl Junkie products? Such as CCC Lite? (Which I have been using lately)

CCCC lite is water soluble so I would think a co-wash would remove it. If you are concerned about build up, you may want to try CJ Daily Fix for it's chelating property.
    CG - July 2009
    Too many others to list!
    I have Daily Fix, but with my hair type, it just doesn't detangle for me.
    Mostly relaxed, yet still curly hair, which I am going to try to grow out with daily conditioner rinses and a shampoo once or twice a week.

I think that my natural hair is somewhere between a 3b and a 3c, I hope it's not too soon to tell! :blob4:

I've never detangled with DF. I always use a RO to detangle. Lately, I'm really loving CJ Smoothing Lotion for this. I use some for rinse out and detangling, rinse, then add a small amount for leave in. It works well for me.
    CG - July 2009
    Too many others to list!
    Good to know I'm not the only one whose hair is still tangly after using DF, I thought I was a freak LOL

For my rinse out I've been using Knot Today, I'd love a little more creaminess and moisture but I just got my forehead back under control (chemical peels) and I don't want to break out. Hopefully styling with CCC Lite will give me enough moisture. KCCC is still a good styler for me as well, I just don't have to go around looking like Miss Crispy Head for so long when I use CCC Lite.

• FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte

I don't use the DF to detangle either. I use it as a cleanser and my RO to detangle. One thing I do notice though is that it is MUCH easier for me to detangle my hair with my RO. I also don't need as much of my RO conditioner when I use DF.

I love CJ cleansing and conditioning products. IMO, they are some of the best out there.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file