Kinky curly

TaraVictoriaTaraVictoria Posts: 374Registered Users
I know a lot of you out there love Kinky Curly custard. I picked it up again , now that I found it at Target, and wanted to give it a second try .. It's been about 2 yrs since I tried it last.
It does leave my hair soft, but that's about it. I don't get great definition or clumps. I left a little LI but that was it. Any ideas? should I use any of their other products with it? or do I just give up on trying with this one???
thanks for any ideas! :)
Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...
Deva One - LOVE it!!!!!!!

Botticelli's Flax Seed Hair Gel (a DIY!!!) THANKS Botticelli!!!!!!
Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
Shea Moisture Smoothie - GREAT stuff!

:angel5::angel5:
for the love of the lens...

http://animafoto.smugmug.com/

www.animafoto.wordpress.com

Comments

• smasters467smasters467 Posts: 527Registered Users
    What are your hair properties?

Also, what leave-in are you using with it? What are you cleansing and conditioning with before using it?
    How's My Hair?
    Review: L'Oreal Evercreme Cleansing Conditioner
    Review: Yes To Carrots Nourishing Shampoo & Pampering Conditioner + 35% off at YTC.com

3a-b, fine & medium texture, medium-high porosity from years of damaging. I'm addicted to changing my hair color.
    Cleansing: No-Poo, Elucence MBS, YTC Poo,
    Conditioner: One Condition, JC Too Shea!, YTC Condish, Elucence MBC, Joico Daily, KCKT
    Styling: KCCC, LALPS, BRHG, Biotera Gel
    SMB Photography
  • aislinaislin Posts: 864Registered Users
    How are you applying it? What's your method? I find that even my HG's won't work if I don't apply them right.

I had the same issues with KCCC until I changed my method. Now I apply it by scrunching it into to soaking wet hair (like dripping wet) which will yield clumps, shine and little frizz. Then I have to apply a stronger hold gel to help with clumping and mostly hold and some added definition. After I scrunch it in like crazy (I never rake- ruins clumps and curl formation) I take a flour sack towel and scrunch it up some more, which helps get a lot of the water out and again, helps me with clumps. Then I diffuse until about 90% dry. Don't know if it will help or not, but that's what I do and I am big on trying to get clumps, minimal frizz, and good definition.
    Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

• curl goddesscurl goddess Posts: 220Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Contact me if you want to sell it . . . cant find it in stores any where near me :(
    3a long thick -botticelli hair when there is humidity
    2c wavy w/curls if there isnt.
    currently using Bioterra & KMF in winter
    Jessicurl styling in summer
    Natures Gate poo & condish
    Thank you NC for bringing me back to curly!
  • TaraVictoriaTaraVictoria Posts: 374Registered Users
    wow! thanks! I will give the application another try - I usually do put it on very wet hair but I never used anything over it because a year or so ago, when I did that it came out too crunchy and I can't stand crunch. I can get most of the crunch out, but I'd rather not have it.
    I have 3b/c hair and I love Curl Junkie , but this stuff always appealed to me - the consistency of it, that is...
    I used a little leave in, but not as much as I would with other products because KCC seems to leave my hair REAL soft.
    thanks for the help and suggestions! of course, curl goddess, if this time it doesn't work, it's yours! :)
    Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...
    Deva One - LOVE it!!!!!!!

Botticelli's Flax Seed Hair Gel (a DIY!!!) THANKS Botticelli!!!!!!
    Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
    Shea Moisture Smoothie - GREAT stuff!

:angel5::angel5:
    for the love of the lens...

http://animafoto.smugmug.com/

www.animafoto.wordpress.com
  • curl goddesscurl goddess Posts: 220Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    :)

:blob7:
    3a long thick -botticelli hair when there is humidity
    2c wavy w/curls if there isnt.
    currently using Bioterra & KMF in winter
    Jessicurl styling in summer
    Natures Gate poo & condish
    Thank you NC for bringing me back to curly!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file