Why I LOVE Target?!

TaraVictoriaTaraVictoria Posts: 374Registered Users
so over the past few months a few of my local Targets have been bringing in more and more curly hair products - it's great. BUT today, there was an entire endcap dedicated to LOTS of curly hair products - Miss Jessies , Twisted Sista, Kinky Kurly line, Curls and Shea Moisture.. WOW! I was blown away!!! made my day!!!
Has anyone tried anything else from the Kinky Kurly line???? just wondering...
Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...
Deva One - LOVE it!!!!!!!

Botticelli's Flax Seed Hair Gel (a DIY!!!) THANKS Botticelli!!!!!!
Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
Shea Moisture Smoothie - GREAT stuff!

:angel5::angel5:
for the love of the lens...

http://animafoto.smugmug.com/

www.animafoto.wordpress.com

Comments

• curl goddesscurl goddess Posts: 220Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    my target carries none of these lines :(
    3a long thick -botticelli hair when there is humidity
    2c wavy w/curls if there isnt.
    currently using Bioterra & KMF in winter
    Jessicurl styling in summer
    Natures Gate poo & condish
    Thank you NC for bringing me back to curly!
  • TaraVictoriaTaraVictoria Posts: 374Registered Users
    did you go online? some of the products were on there when I looked.. Of course, they also metion which stores have them, but when you go there, the items aren't necessarily in stock...
    Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...
    Deva One - LOVE it!!!!!!!

Botticelli's Flax Seed Hair Gel (a DIY!!!) THANKS Botticelli!!!!!!
    Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
    Shea Moisture Smoothie - GREAT stuff!

:angel5::angel5:
    for the love of the lens...

http://animafoto.smugmug.com/

www.animafoto.wordpress.com
  • Storm_N _MomStorm_N _Mom Posts: 259Registered Users
    Many of my local Target stores carry SheaMoisture & Curls products, and we use a few from each line. Of course, there is Miss. Jessie's on the shelf, too. I'm still waiting on the Kinky Curly as my store is suppose to carry the line.
    Storm BC'd 12/30/09 (my gorgeous dd), low porosity, thick density, medium-coarse texture?, elasticity ?
    Mom BC'd 5/31/10, fine texture, low porosity, normal density, low elasticity
    Last relaxer, July 2008
    Hair Type: HUMAN
    Our HGs: Hair steamer, KCCC, AOHSR, generic conditioning balm conditioner
    other products:FSG, KT, EO condish, KBBHN, EWNOC, DMBC, DMDCC, NG, EVOO, Almond Oil, Maha Bhringol oil, Henna & Ayurvedic powders
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    so over the past few months a few of my local Targets have been bringing in more and more curly hair products - it's great. BUT today, there was an entire endcap dedicated to LOTS of curly hair products - Miss Jessies , Twisted Sista, Kinky Kurly line, Curls and Shea Moisture.. WOW! I was blown away!!! made my day!!!
    Has anyone tried anything else from the Kinky Kurly line???? just wondering...

I've tried everything from the Kinky Curly line. I'm a fan of all of it (except the spiral spray isn't that great...barely any hold...I prefer a stronger hold but this could be good for people who find Curling Custard too crunchy).

Yes, a few Targets out here carry Miss Jessie, Kinky Curly, Shea Moisture, Curls and that other line...a woman's name...the best known product is Nourish and Sculpt. The Targets here carry that line, too. Yay for Target!!! Finally we're able to get these products on the ground like the rest of civilization.

• curlyserfcurlyserf Posts: 858Registered Users
    I live in the suburbs of Chicago and am finding that it is the larger Super Targets that carry these lines. I am about equal distance between a regular and a super Target and can only find them at the Super Target.

Kerri
    2?/3a ??? ; fine; high density; normal porosity and elasticity
    color treated

CURRENTLY USING:
    cleanse:Organix Vanilla Silk, Use Me Cleansing Cream
    rinse out/li:Ion Effective Care, Tresseme Naturals Radiant Volume (both with NPF added)
    stylers:Curl Keeper, UFD Curly Magic, & Alba Botanicals Strong Hold Gel
    PT:CJ Repair Me

mod CG since August 2010
  • Auntie BubbsAuntie Bubbs Posts: 1,068Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I checked online, and found two Targets near me that carry Miss Jessie's, but "near me" is a relative term - they're 30+ miles away. Still better than paying shipping I guess. But the Target prices are so high! Or is $35 a jar reflective of Miss Jessie's typical pricing?
    Anyway, I may pick up some goodies next time I drive out that way :)
    That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
    Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
    RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
    Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
  • curl goddesscurl goddess Posts: 220Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    When i was looking for that SHEA Moisture- found they had a FACEBOOK fan page - and I contacted them and they said they would contact Target - there isnt ANY in the whole state that carries it - im in AZ

we dont have Miss Jessies either . . . . :(
    3a long thick -botticelli hair when there is humidity
    2c wavy w/curls if there isnt.
    currently using Bioterra & KMF in winter
    Jessicurl styling in summer
    Natures Gate poo & condish
    Thank you NC for bringing me back to curly!
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I try to boycott target as much as possible.

But, as for the Kinky Curly line. I love it. I use the shampoo a couple of times a month, (I use CJ Daily Fix for a CO wash) and I live on the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]Knot Today[/buylink] and the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]. I found the sprit to be a bit dry/producty on me. I use the pomade for scrunching out crunch and fixing bits here and there.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file