Need a book suggestion for...

inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
keeping your hands to yourself. I know it's the age that kids start thinking bottoms are funny...etc. But I need one that talks about not touching each other where your bathing suit covers and vice-versa...etc. Just basically keeping your hands to yourself... 4 years is the age

Any ideas?

Barnes and Noble went from ...Teeth are not for biting to puberty. They did have one book about inappropriate touching but it was so boring...it didn't even keep my attention.

Thanks!

Comments

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Why do you need a book for this? Just wondering.

• Like.AustraliaLike.Australia Posts: 2,544Registered Users
    Not a parent here, but involved in children's books through work. Not sure how in depth you want to get or what your child is even ready for yet, but there's a whole range out there. Check out these:

http://www.amazon.com/Some-Parts-are-Not-Sharing/dp/1606966030/ref=pd_sim_b_4
    http://www.amazon.com/Said-guide-keeping-private-parts/dp/1878076493/ref=pd_sim_b_2
    http://www.amazon.com/Amazing-You-Getting-Smart-Private/dp/0142410586/ref=pd_sim_b_6
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

Why not? I think 4 is a good age to start teaching our kids that nobody is suppose to touch you...and your not suppose to touch them. I have talked verbally to him but sometimes a book can re-iterate what we are teaching...

No, we have not had any issues or know anybody who has been sexually abused.

Like..Australia...this is exactly what I'm looking for. I couldn't think of how to do searches for these or even put into words what I was looking for. Thanks so much. I will probably purchase the first 2 and then read them to decide which one to start with.
  • Like.AustraliaLike.Australia Posts: 2,544Registered Users

Why not? I think 4 is a good age to start teaching our kids that nobody is suppose to touch you...and your not suppose to touch them. I have talked verbally to him but sometimes a book can re-iterate what we are teaching...

No, we have not had any issues or know anybody who has been sexually abused.

Like..Australia...this is exactly what I'm looking for. I couldn't think of how to do searches for these or even put into words what I was looking for. Thanks so much. I will probably purchase the first 2 and then read them to decide which one to start with.

Glad I could help! I hope you'll post which you and your son(?) like best. :)
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso

Oh, yeah, to reiterate what you've talked about. That is a good idea. I though maybe you didn't want to talk about it, just read a story talking about it. And I didn't understand why.

[No, we have not had any issues or know anybody who has been sexually abused.

No, that's not what I was thinking.

• inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yup for re-iteration...although I do hate talking about this stuff. LOL My son is a very visual person as am I so having a book to re-iterate what we talk about really helps.

Like_Australia...will do. I'll let you know which one he likes better.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file