So im looking for a recipe....

for a face pimple cream. Using household products.

if anybody has some please share!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• IAgirlIAgirl Curl Neophyte Posts: 2,540Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Well, you could try vinegar (1-2 tablespoons in a cup of water) which is antibacterial and has the appropriate pH for the top layer on your skin. That would be a rinse/ toner.
    I know some people use baking soda in a paste as a scrub. Have to be careful with scrubs because irritation can cause more pimples.
    An aspirin tablet, dissolved in water releases salicylic acid (exfoliant).

Also, tea tree oil, maybe 5 drops, diluted in about a teaspoon of another oil or cleanser is antiseptic -- keep away from eyes, though!
  • ruchipuchiruchipuchi Posts: 149Registered Users
    Honey honey honey! Use it like a spot treatment. It has antibacterial properties.

I also do occassional facial masks with turmeric powder (antiseptic), gram flour, something called multani mitti (just googled it, it's called Fuller's earth in English), rose water, honey, and sometimes whole milk.

Try washing your face with a pure glycerin soap bar instead of other facial cleansers. It has really helped with my acne!
    Fia: 2c/Coarse/ii, low-normal elasticity, low porosity.

Co-wash: Suave Naturals
    RO/LI: GFTN, GVPCB
    Styling: Curls Defining Moments Curl Release Serum, DevaCare Arc AnGEL, DevaCurl Set It Free, KCCC
    DT/PT: GVPCB, AOHR, Coconut oil, Olive Oil, Yogurt PTs, ION Effective Care
    SOTC: JCN&S

:wav:
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    I do some of the same things, but another thing I'd like to add is aloe vera gel. The brand I have lying around my house is Lily of the Valley. Use about half of a dime-sized amount, and spread it all over your pimples. I tried it at first and hated it, but if you give it two or three days, this stuff works wonders. Barely any more pimples... yay! :D It really soothes your skin and makes it less irritated and red-looking. I love it!
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • generositytgenerosityt Posts: 245Registered Users
    I second the aloe vera gel and it works great as a moisturizer for the whole face too. I use it as both a night cream and a daily moisturizer sometimes, especially in winter time when you don't need a strong sunscreen.
    A Mediterranean 3b lady
    In love with my curls, love love love
    CG since Nov/07

Co-Wash: VO5, Tresemme naturals, Fructis naturals
    Cond: Nature's Gate conditioners
    Stylers: Lotions made at home with coconut oil, honey, AVG, vegetable glycerin, OO, and EO.
    Gel: LA Looks sports gel for high humidity days.

Hair goal: Waist length healthy curls
  • Curls=BeautyCurls=Beauty Posts: 1,781Registered Users
    Honey (raw honey works best), vinegar and tea tree oil all work well.
    Cleanser: Liquid Castile Soap diluted in a foaming soap dispenser
    Rinse:
    ACV rinse
    Detangler/Conditioner:
    Oyin Handmade Greg Juice or Juices and Berries
    Stylers: Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd, KCCC, Honey Rinses and BRHG, Crack Leave-in Hair Cream when straightening

Tools: Silk pillowcase, Floursack towels, Jersey T-Shirts, Wide Tooth Comb, Velecta Paramount TGR-VQX Hair Dryer (for when I straighten) and BaByliss PRO Ionic Rollabout Hard Hat Dryer
  • WinonaWinona Posts: 565Registered Users
    I do some of the same things, but another thing I'd like to add is aloe vera gel. The brand I have lying around my house is Lily of the Valley. Use about half of a dime-sized amount, and spread it all over your pimples. I tried it at first and hated it, but if you give it two or three days, this stuff works wonders. Barely any more pimples... yay! :D It really soothes your skin and makes it less irritated and red-looking. I love it!

Hummm this makes total sense. I have been using a facial moisturizer with AVG and I have not had a pimple in over 2 months. i use to get a breakout once a month:)
    Winona wrote: »

Hummm this makes total sense. I have been using a facial moisturizer with AVG and I have not had a pimple in over 2 months. i use to get a breakout once a month:)

Yay for us, no more pimples! :) Yup! I never would have thought about it, either, if I hadn't read about it somewhere. Love that stuff...it's a lifesaver!
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
  • KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Posts: 714Registered Users
    I make my own toner using witch hazel, some aloe vera gel (I like Lily of the Valley, too), a few drops each of tea tree, neem, chamomile, lavender and vitamin E oils. (If you've never used neem oil before, use sparingly. This stuff stinks! But the lavender oil covers it up quite nicely.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/kurleeedna
  • wavymelwavymel Posts: 34Registered Users
    I've heard honey is good mix it with nutmeg its great for scars too. I'd think adding brown sugar for exfoliating would be awesome. Coconut oil too. It is also said to be antibacterial naturally. :)

I used to have great luck spot treating with tooth paste, the kind that is really a paste not the newer gel styles. Just dab a little on at night it is quite drying I thought. A cousin of a friend swears by washing her face with toothpaste.

You may try out the oil washing. Mix castor oil and either olive oil or coconut oil or another favorite. I'm trying to find some castor oil I didn't see it at the grocery store so will have to check drug stores tomorrow but want to start washing with the oil method.
    2b/2c newbie CG
    routine(loosely as I learn what works):
    cowash: Suave Naturals Pomegranate
    lowpoo: Jason tea tree oil(once a week as needed)
    RO: Giovanni TTTT(will use the Suave 2nd time if the tea tree gets drying)
    :love4: Giovanni leave in & coconut oil

Finally found what stops the itch and flaking, Neutrogena TGel, too bad its not SLS free :sad10:

• FronomenalFronomenal Curl Neophyte Posts: 712Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Honey is awesome as an overnight spot treatment. I will try the LOTD aloe vera gel because I have it on hand.

• ultracurlzultracurlz Curl Neophyte Posts: 213Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i heard about mixing baking soda with water and putting the paste on your pimples for an hour then rincing it off. :dontknow:i don't know if it works though.

i have used a sugar and milk face scrub and it helped my face a lot after using it every other day for a week. all you need to do is mix 2tsp of sugar with 2tsp of milk and put it on all over your face in little circles. leave it on for five minuets and then wash it off. your face will feel baby smooth afterwords, when it's dry :binky:
    3C/4A mix (Seriously it's all over the place)
    Hair is kinda fine and kinda thick.
    Super short, I'd like definition but styling products don't like me

Profile pic taken the February 2015
    Chopped off (was shoulder length) November 2014
  • curlieanncurlieann Posts: 15Registered Users
    What I do when I break out is rub Coconut Oil all over my face, specifically on the spots. I let it sit for a few minutes, until it starts to itch, then use my normal face wash to wash it off. Coconut Oil does wonders for my skin! After a few days of the oil after a breakout, the spots are getting healed and going away.
  • CurliesFTW_xoCurliesFTW_xo Posts: 111Registered Users
    Toothpaste can be really good too, it keeps the skin dry. :angel2:

Naturally brunette but dyed hair, dark brown ( nearly black ) in November 2010.Trying to grow to WL but only past SL atm. Currently not CO washing and using Pantenes shampoo. Styling: Schwarzkopf ultimate repair serum with total ends repair. Also use Aussies 3 miracle worker from time to time. 3B,bouncy ringlets,medium thickness,strands are neither fine nor coarse,dry,low elasticity ( when wet, but high elasticity when dry ) and proud to be a curly!
    Toothpaste can be really good too, it keeps the skin dry. :angel2:

Toothpaste can be super drying, though -- a little TOO drying! I don't think it's recommended to use it on acne.

Favorite...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file