Transitioning is killing my rocker/alternative style.

AlternacurlAlternacurl Posts: 2Registered Users
I'm seventeen and have been toying with the idea of going natural for about a year. I have very thick, tightly coiled, but soft 4a hair. I've been transitioning for 2 months but I'm VERY frustrated with the limited style choices. My style is considered to be alternative/artsy, and I've been sporting a relaxed inverted bob with blond streaks on the sides and bangs (picture will be posted soon). I am planning on getting a sew-in soon, but I want options in the meanwhile. This being said, I respect eveyone's future comments but PLEASE no Bantu knots or french braids or twists. I prefer modern styles.

Comments

• KezKez Posts: 3Registered Users
    Hey
    I love the Rock Chic look and tend to lean that way, I think Curly looks brilliant for this lookv- in regards to style, I dont wear Bantu Knots/Twists/Braids out of the house as an actual style to wear, only to style my hair as im half realaxed and half transitioning...so i need help with the ends curling.
    But Curls reallly are so versatile....accessories with hats, scarfs, loadsa Jewellery etc and keep up with dressing well and hair will fit in - transitioning isnt the best but its worth it when you hear everyones success and see all the beautiful healthy hair.
    Here is me last mth in Ibiza with a 2day old braid out in the black....my Avatar pic is an hour long rushed Braid out too.

xxx
  • knotty_loveknotty_love Posts: 170Registered Users
    Love your look Kez! and the leopard head scarf really tops it!
    Sometimes I think the craziness just curls out of my head..:geek:

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery; none but ourselves can free our minds."-Bob Marley

“There are only two types of women - goddesses and doormats”- Pablo Picasso

• AlternacurlAlternacurl Posts: 2Registered Users
    Kez wrote: »
    Hey
    I love the Rock Chic look and tend to lean that way, I think Curly looks brilliant for this lookv- in regards to style, I dont wear Bantu Knots/Twists/Braids out of the house as an actual style to wear, only to style my hair as im half realaxed and half transitioning...so i need help with the ends curling.
    But Curls reallly are so versatile....accessories with hats, scarfs, loadsa Jewellery etc and keep up with dressing well and hair will fit in - transitioning isnt the best but its worth it when you hear everyones success and see all the beautiful healthy hair.
    Here is me last mth in Ibiza with a 2day old braid out in the black....my Avatar pic is an hour long rushed Braid out too.

xxx
    thanks Kez. So far I've tried the twist-outs which works great. I finally got the ends to be smooth and curly by bobby-pinning the twists/braids down and wrapping my hair.:pirate:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file