braxton hicks contractions question

subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
i'm 17 weeks pregnant, but i'm already experiencing braxton hicks contractions. i never noticed having them while i was pregnant with majerle. i know it's pretty early to be experiencing this, but i also understand that i am under a tremendous amount of stress. they're pretty intense, but go away once i change positions or calm down.

does anybody know if there is a correlation between early and/or intense braxton hicks contractions and actually giving birth prematurely?

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I always felt BH contractions early on...definitely before 20 weeks. Many women don't notice them, especially in first pregnancies, but they are normal and happen all during pregnancy...it's your uterus keeping in shape. Staying well hydrated will usually keep them from being too terribly annoying.
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I had them with DS from week 21 on. So much that I was hospitalized a few times and was on bed rest for the last 3 months. I was under tremendous stress (husband in Iraq without contact) and I knew that exacerbated it. I also felt a lot of other things early on in #2. As long as you are keeping up with your doc I wouldn't worry. Under the circumstances you're in I'd do weekly appts with your OB. Can't hurt...
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• Maxs MomMaxs Mom Posts: 64Registered Users
    Contact your OB DR. You may have a UTI. In some pregnant women, the only symptom is cramping. Sometimes a vaginal infection will also cause uterine cramping. Staying super hydrated will also help.
    Hilo, Hawaii
    MOD/GC since 5/08-no silicones or SLS
    2b/3a Long (waist length when wet) , THICK and course
    Lo-Poo-Jessicurl HCC,KC come clean, CJ daily fix conditioner
    Condish-Leave in-KCNT,Moisture Maniac
    Styling-re:coil, KCCC, BSRHG
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    i know that staying wel hydrated helps, so i'll work on that. and i'll talk to my OB about it too.
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    I definitely noticed them earlier in my 2nd pregnancy. They were more intense, too.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I had them starting at 21 weeks with baby #2. Didn't get them until well into the third trimester with my first pregnancy. They were also a lot stronger the second time around. They would always be worse if I was on my feet for too long and wasn't drinking enough fluids. I found that drinking tons of water helped. For what it' worth, my DS was almost 6 weeks premature but not sure if that had anything to do with it. It wouldn't hurt to mention it to your OB.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file