Hair Products and Their Bases

Comments

• coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    divadee62 wrote: »
    Sorry for the late response. Made From Earth left off the EDTA in the ingredient list for their berry serum. As another poster pointed out EDTA is a chelating agent...but more importantly it is synthesized from Formaldehyde, Cyanide, and Ethylenediamine. They also purposely removed Phenoxyethanol which may deter those who align with organic and all nature ingredients...Formaldehyde and Cyanide are definitely not substances you associate with Organic and "Made from Eart like their website claims. :-(
    *Please note that Made from Earth is leaving out ingredients from their list that are actually in the product.*

How can you tell that they are leaving ingredients out?

Actually, there is nothing wrong with EDTA. It is used in many commercial and personal care products. In fact there are a ton of things that contain EDTA. It is synthesized from ethylenediamine, formaldehyde, and sodium cyanide (used to extract gold in mining). The final product as you guessed does not have any of those things, it's a new compound. The formaldehyde and cyanide do not have their effects in EDTA as they would as individual molecules (just like all soap is made with lye, tell people that and they get scared and vow to never ever buy soap again, but tell them that in the process of making soap, the oils are saponified (there is a reaction between the lye and the oils) which results in no lye in the final soap, then they're good to buy some soap). Let's cap the scaremongering

Also (just fyi and a long standing rant of mine) phenoxyethanol is one of the better preservatives on the market that is mild and effective (it is not natural, it's synthetic). You would rather have a preservative in your products than not, the consequences of not having a preservative could be DEATH (yes, I said death!!!). That being said, a lot of companies are MISGUIDED and cater to the ignorant public by not putting preservatives in their products so that the ignorant public (the ones who are all about "super organic, must have been picked off a tree or off the ground that day") can buy their products. I can see why they left that out. And since they left that out, I would not even buy their stuff because they are really just lying. Natural is subjective. If you want natural, you better just stick to anhydrous products (that are only oils and butters) because anything with an emulsifier (unless it's lecithin, which can't really make complex creams on it's own) is not 100% fresh off the earth natural.
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Posts: 2,584Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    coilynapp wrote: »
    Sorry for the late response. Made From Earth left off the EDTA in the ingredient list for their berry serum. As another poster pointed out EDTA is a chelating agent...but more importantly it is synthesized from Formaldehyde, Cyanide, and Ethylenediamine. They also purposely removed Phenoxyethanol which may deter those who align with organic and all nature ingredients...Formaldehyde and Cyanide are definitely not substances you associate with Organic and "Made from Eart like their website claims. :-(

Actually, there is nothing wrong with EDTA. It is used in many commercial and personal care products. In fact there are a ton of things that contain EDTA. It is synthesized from ethylenediamine, formaldehyde, and sodium cyanide (used to extract gold in mining). The final product as you guessed does not have any of those things, it's a new compound. The formaldehyde and cyanide do not have their effects in EDTA as they would as individual molecules (just like all soap is made with lye, tell people that and they get scared and vow to never ever buy soap again, but tell them that in the process of making soap, the oils are saponified (there is a reaction between the lye and the oils) which results in no lye in the final soap, then they're good to buy some soap). Let's cap the scaremongering

Also (just fyi and a long standing rant of mine) phenoxyethanol is one of the better preservatives on the market that is mild and effective (it is not natural, it's synthetic). You would rather have a preservative in your products than not, the consequences of not having a preservative could be DEATH (yes, I said death!!!). That being said, a lot of companies are MISGUIDED and cater to the ignorant public by not putting preservatives in their products so that the ignorant public (the ones who are all about "super organic, must have been picked off a tree or off the ground that day") can buy their products. I can see why they left that out. And since they left that out, I would not even buy their stuff because they are really just lying. Natural is subjective. If you want natural, you better just stick to anhydrous products (that are only oils and butters) because anything with an emulsifier (unless it's lecithin, which can't really make complex creams on it's own) is not 100% fresh off the earth natural.

As a side note, this is why I'm more leery about buying products from small, home mixtress types businesses. I even shy away from making products myself aside from a butter/oil mixes. Even if I had the correct percentages, I could still screw up.
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg
  • SailaSaila Posts: 1,212Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Thank you for saying all of this, CN!
    ^^^no problem :)
    ^^^no problem :)

I get really fed up with fear mongering and lack of basic chemical knowledge. However, my own knowledge of chemistry is highly limited (to say the least) so I really appreciate you setting this straight way better than I could have.

I swear one of these days a "hair guru" is about to warn the masses about how table salt is really made of bleach. Smh. It's just too much already.
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users Curl Neophyte

coilynapp you and i are on the same page! i get so tired of the scaremongering too. i don't even respond anymore.
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Team captain save a hair!!!!!
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • divadee62divadee62 Posts: 115Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    How is it "scaremonging" when I point out an unethical company using bases and then eliminating ingredients from their product lists that directly contradict their stated Company Philosophy? Made from Earth states that their products are made from all natural organic ingredients and also tout that they have taken the Truth In Labeling pledge which truly is a Lie based on comparison.

It's not rocket science that they took out EDTA and Phenoxyethanol. because of the Ongoing controversial debate on the safety of such chemicals/substances in skin and hair products.

Not once in my posts did I say that I believe EDTA or Phenoxyethanol. are bad but some took that to be the meaning... Neither substances are organic, natural and are sythetic chemicals which Made From Earth claims not to include in any of their Organically Certified Products. So be it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And so it began...Relaxer-free since 2003
    Naturally OUT since Sept. 21, 2008
    Products in current rotation:
    Terressentials Left Coast Lemon, Oyin Honey Dew,Hairveda Cocoshasta Oil,Darcy's Botanicals MVSC
    11/20/11 Currently testing out Living Proof's RESTORE Deep Conditioner.
    How is it "scaremonging" when I point out an unethical company using bases and then eliminating ingredients from their product lists that directly contradict their stated Company Philosophy?

It's not. No one has a problem with what you pointed out. That company is being shady and unethical. What NC and I were responding to was this specific portion:
    "but more importantly it is synthesized from Formaldehyde, Cyanide, and Ethylenediamine"

When someone says an ingredient in their hair products is synthesized from cyanide, it's going to scare people. I understand now that your intentions were not to scare anyone, however, a lot of people do use that line of reasoning (it's derived from this or that) to scare people into avoiding a certain ingredient or product. I was appreciating that CN took the time to put that information into context, unlike so many others on YT and hair blogs who throw out information out of context and mislead their audience.
  • divadee62divadee62 Posts: 115Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    So you're saying that EDTA is not synthesized from Formaldehyde, Sodium Cyanide and Ethylenediamine?

Here's a website that breaks down how EDTA is made: Synthesis of EDTA

But if you think that is incorrect, then there are a whoooooole lot of reputable sources online and off that have it wrong. :-)

CN offered her opinion, which is certainly welcomed by me, even when what I stated was factual and confirmed statements not an opinion. Again, where in any of my posts did I say that I consider EDTA bad? I didn't. I stated that I don't consider EDTA "Organic" or "From the Earth" as the company implies on their website are the only types of ingredients found in their products.

Until otherwise proven EDTA is man-made, synthetic, synthesized from chemicals that in some circles are considered harmful or questionable. Again are those my circles? I doubt if anyone on this board truly cares what I think of EDTA lol . I just posted some facts.

Now here is my opinion:

Made From Earth removed EDTA and other synthetic preservatives/substances from their ingredient lists because they are more concerned with selling an overpriced product than anything else. They didn't want to jepordize their fake image as a Organic Green Vegan friendly company. They want to capitalize on the "Green Pro Organic" tidal wave and Make.That.Money.

Their concern isn't with being ethical, full disclosure of ingredients and letting the consumer decide if this is the product for him/her. And that pisses me off more than the fact that they are repackaging bases or using EDTA.
    Saila wrote: »
    How is it "scaremonging" when I point out an unethical company using bases and then eliminating ingredients from their product lists that directly contradict their stated Company Philosophy?

It's not. No one has a problem with what you pointed out. That company is being shady and unethical. What NC and I were responding to was this specific portion:
    "but more importantly it is synthesized from Formaldehyde, Cyanide, and Ethylenediamine"

When someone says an ingredient in their hair products is synthesized from cyanide, it's going to scare people. I understand now that your intentions were not to scare anyone, however, a lot of people do use that line of reasoning (it's derived from this or that) to scare people into avoiding a certain ingredient or product. I was appreciating that CN took the time to put that information into context, unlike so many others on YT and hair blogs who throw out information out of context and mislead their audience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And so it began...Relaxer-free since 2003
    Naturally OUT since Sept. 21, 2008
    Products in current rotation:
    Terressentials Left Coast Lemon, Oyin Honey Dew,Hairveda Cocoshasta Oil,Darcy's Botanicals MVSC
    11/20/11 Currently testing out Living Proof's RESTORE Deep Conditioner.
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't think anyone is saying that...I think they were saying that people relate ingredients to "scary" chemicals in order to make them sound "bad" and harmful, when in fact they are often harmless in small doses. Cyanide and formaldehyde are OOOOOOOH SCARY chemicals, but EDTA alone doesn't sound scary. Same thing when people freak out about sodium hydroxide being in a product (OMG LYE IT'S GOING TO RELAX MY HAIR) when in fact it's often a pH adjuster. That's all. These natural companies aren't dumb. I agree with you as to why they left those ingredients out.

And p.s. I don't know about anyone else, but I WANT those good ol' scary chemical preservatives in my products. Vitamin E is NOT an adequate preservative, and I'm not trying to rush up using all my products because I'm scared they're going to get moldy and I've wasted $20. Miss me with that.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    How is it "scaremonging" when I point out an unethical company using bases and then eliminating ingredients from their product lists that directly contradict their stated Company Philosophy? Made from Earth states that their products are made from all natural organic ingredients and also tout that they have taken the Truth In Labeling pledge which truly is a Lie based on comparison.

It's not rocket science that they took out EDTA and Phenoxyethanol. because of the Ongoing controversial debate on the safety of such chemicals/substances in skin and hair products.

Not once in my posts did I say that I believe EDTA or Phenoxyethanol. are bad but some took that to be the meaning... Neither substances are organic, natural and are sythetic chemicals which Made From Earth claims not to include in any of their Organically Certified Products. So be it.
    I was responding to your "more importantly" piece. That you pointed it out with a great deal of emphasis--that to me felt like scaremongering (if that was not your intention, cool, but that's what I read from your bolded words). I wanted to make sure that people understand that EDTA is not the devil. The phenoxyethanol portion, you should have noticed that I wrote in parentheses "just fyi and a long standing rant of mine". They "Y" in fyi was a general "your" as in, anyone reading this who doesn't already know. I was not referring to your comment re said company hiding the fact that they had it in their product. I was referring to the general practice of companies (and individuals...esp blog writers) demonizing and the general fearmongering surrounding preservatives
    So you're saying that EDTA is not synthesized from Formaldehyde, Sodium Cyanide and Ethylenediamine?

Here's a website that breaks down how EDTA is made: Synthesis of EDTA

But if you think that is incorrect, then there are a whoooooole lot of reputable sources online and off that have it wrong. :-)

CN offered her opinion, which is certainly welcomed by me, even when what I stated was factual and confirmed statements not an opinion. Again, where in any of my posts did I say that I consider EDTA bad? I didn't. I stated that I don't consider EDTA "Organic" or "From the Earth" as the company implies on their website are the only types of ingredients found in their products.

Until otherwise proven EDTA is man-made, synthetic, synthesized from chemicals that in some circles are considered harmful or questionable. Again are those my circles? I doubt if anyone on this board truly cares what I think of EDTA lol . I just posted some facts.

Now here is my opinion:

Made From Earth removed EDTA and other synthetic preservatives/substances from their ingredient lists because they are more concerned with selling an overpriced product than anything else. They didn't want to jepordize their fake image as a Organic Green Vegan friendly company. They want to capitalize on the "Green Pro Organic" tidal wave and Make.That.Money.

Their concern isn't with being ethical, full disclosure of ingredients and letting the consumer decide if this is the product for him/her. And that pisses me off more than the fact that they are repackaging bases or using EDTA.
    OMG. Let's not get personal. I'm not attacking you. I actually agreed with you

I did not say in my post that EDTA is not synthesized from xyz as you posted. In fact, if you read my post, you will see that I agreed with you AND added (factually, not IMO), that while it is synthesized from xyz, EDTA is now a whole new compound A, and has no effects of the individual xyz components. When you make huge emphasis on things like formaldehyde and cyanide being used to make another compound/ingredient, it scares people into thinking that the product created is a no-no and should not be touched with a 40ft pole. You emphasized the components, I only made it so that people understand that EDTA although made from those things you mentioned is perfectly safe when used in amounts currently allowed in cosmetics (which is really tiny). Again, just like the lye and soap example and the lye as a ph adjuster example that Elle pointed out.

I also did not say that you said it was organic and natural. I didn't speak of anything regarding this at all. EDTA is synthesized in a lab, so, it's not natural. No one said you said it was.

And no one said that you said EDTA was bad. I didn't.

Again, my response was general and not "correcting you". The only part I thought I should speak on was you emphasis on "scary" chemicals from which EDTA is made. And I responded in general so that others will understand that it's not necessarily a bad thing (even though said company removed it from their ingredient list)

I don't think anyone here is disagreeing with you at all. Certainly not me. We cool?
    ellepixie wrote: »
    Team captain save a hair!!!!!
    you know Elle, I must not be paying you enough, because I see you slacking...LOL
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Tipping my ACS mug at coilynapp. Gone on pop that lab coat collar....lol.

I really wish they would up the requirements on high school chemistry. Did they stop teaching that A+B=C and that C is an entirely DIFFERNT/NEW substance not related to it's originating ingredients? It's called a chemcial reaction folks....
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I really wish they would up the requirements on high school chemistry. Did they stop teaching that A+B=C and that C is an entirely DIFFERNT/NEW substance not related to it's originating ingredients? It's called a chemcial reaction folks....

From what I've seen, most hs chem students get bogged down very quickly with stoichiometry etc. and miss the obvious points, such as this. A+B=C is often never explicitly stated but rather implied through other examples/laws.
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Which is why Chemistry might as well be greek to most folks. But even if the focus is on stoichiometry, you are still just writing out the math for the chemical reaction. Maybe people fail to realize that the equals sign means that you have a NEW substance....otherwise there was no chemcial reaction? I dunno.
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    I don't know either, honestly. I'm trying to figure out where people get these ideas. I would think that the classic "Na + Cl = NaCl" would make the point pretty clearly, but I guess not. :dontknow:
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Going Natural Herbal Styling Gel
    Ingredients
    Organic Aloe Juice, Witch Hazel, Phenoxyethanol, d-Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Alcohol denatured, Carbomer, TEA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid

is...EW Styling Jelly

The Masque and No More Knots are from EW too.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL

why thank you!
  • CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    Saila wrote: »

From what I've seen, most hs chem students get bogged down very quickly with stoichiometry etc. and miss the obvious points, such as this. A+B=C is often never explicitly stated but rather implied through other examples/laws.
    I thought it was common sense :dontknow:
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
    ^ That's what I thought too, but the fear-mongering shenanigans I've seen on some blogs made me reconsider. Smh.
  • pulchri2dinouspulchri2dinous Posts: 1,014Registered Users
    I'm going to start looking for a leave-in and hair cream base because I'm spending way too much money on that right now. The problem is, all I find are rinse out conditioner bases...

Try this base here as a leave in. It's marketed as a rinse out but I've used it exclusively as a leave-in because it's too light for my hair as a rinse out and have gotten GREAT results. I usually add a little castor oil to it. Good Luck!

Do you think EW's extremely moisturizing body cream would work well on hair?

Ingredients: Aloe barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) Seed Butter, Oryza sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Simondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Corylus avellana (Hazelnut) Oil, Glycerin, Emulsifying Wax NF, Stearic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Quaternium-79 Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Allantoin.
    4, fine, low-medium density, low porosity

event.png

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius
    ^^ it might. I say try it and see...
  • LiyahLiyah Posts: 118Registered Users
    I'm going to start looking for a leave-in and hair cream base because I'm spending way too much money on that right now. The problem is, all I find are rinse out conditioner bases...

Try this base here as a leave in. It's marketed as a rinse out but I've used it exclusively as a leave-in because it's too light for my hair as a rinse out and have gotten GREAT results. I usually add a little castor oil to it. Good Luck!

Do you think EW's extremely moisturizing body cream would work well on hair?

Ingredients: Aloe barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) Seed Butter, Oryza sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Simondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Corylus avellana (Hazelnut) Oil, Glycerin, Emulsifying Wax NF, Stearic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Quaternium-79 Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Allantoin.

I'm sure it will. I have the Herbal and Oat Creme and it is an awesome hair lotion.
  • montREALadymontREALady Posts: 1,210Registered Users
    And they can be mad...when you come with this sob story:

I began making my own skincare products because I couldn't find any that performed the way I needed and wanted them to. I was disappointed when I paid for something that promised all day moisture and didn't deliver. Aside from my own needs and of even greater concern to me was my son's skin. He has had a mild case of recurring eczema since he was a toddler. For years, he suffered with dry skin that was thirsty for gentle, long-lasting moisture. I was unable to find anything that could deliver essential moisture for both of us, so the quest to create the perfect body lotion began. I read and researched everything I could find on organic, plant based skin care.

I began experimenting with various ingredients and finally, created my own line of natural, organic skin care products, which I now present to you. My formerly dry skin has responded exceedingly well to the daily use of my exfoliating scrubs, bath milks, nourishing sea salts and body creams. I am most thrilled to announce that my son's skin is now healthy and vibrant! Our knowledgeable dermatologist advised us that the best way to treat and manage eczema is to keep the skin properly and thoroughly moisturized. His eczema is in remission and completely under control: he keeps it moisturized with "Mommy's stuff". Treating my adult acne: organic alternatives that made a difference. I met my dermatologist when I was seeking treatment for adult onset acne.

And you sell this: Phat Head Coconut Pudding with Silk Protein for $8 for 6oz

Ingredients
    Organic Aloe Juice, Organic Coconut Oil, Emulsifying Wax, Palm Stearic Acid, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Grapeseed Oil, Organic Avocado Oil, Organic Witch Hazel, Vitamin E, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Silk, Xanthan Gum, Organic Black Willowbark Extract, Neem Oil, Rosemary Oleoresin, Citric Acid

Then we find this: EW Silk Creme 16oz for $11.15
    Ingredients/Tech Specs:
    Aloe barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Juice, Cocos nucifera (Organic Coconut) Oil, Emulsifying Wax NF, Palm Stearic Acid, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Vitis vinifera (Grapeseed) Oil, Persea americana (Avocado) Oil, Hamamelis virginiana (Witch Hazel), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Silk, Xanthan Gum (Polysaccharide Gum), Salix nigra (Organic Black Willowbark) Extract, Mannan, Azadirachta indica (Neem) Oil, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Oleoresin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid

Just sayin.

:| Seriously? And such a great personal backstory!

I'm late on this thread since I recently joined the site. Definitely interesting and something I'm going to look into. Thanks to all that provided info. I'm going to read every, single post.

Sent from my MB300 using CurlTalk App
    well no wonder so many ppl are selling hair products. here i was thinking i missed something in chemistry class or something, b/c SOME vendors can barely communicate in english (their first language) but have a whole damn product line...

*faints* LMAOOOOOOOO! Me too, I always wondered how other ppl were able to do it and I was clueless!!

morenae wrote: »
    Now if only I could find a base for the original formula of Miss Jessie's, or an "aqueous extract...." base of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] - I'd be set! I'd buy a house with the savings!

Lolll! Getting KCCC's base would be delightful!

• principessa1984principessa1984 Posts: 129Registered Users
    I had no idea! I'm a chemist (not a cosmetic chemist) and I was wondering how all these ppl (street vendors, stay-at-home-moms, business women etc.) were making seemingly quality products. I thought, "Dag, they're not even chemists...how are they coming up with this?" Honestly, that's why I decided to stick with Aubrey. He may charge $1/oz., but he's a PhD chemist (at least he's qualified to do what he does).
    So, they have the nerve to charge all that money when they are just using pre-prescribed bases???? I don't have a problem with bases if the products are reasonably priced. Otherwise, it's a little "scammy".

How do I subscribe to/follow a thread?
    My signature style: the "braid n' curl"
    High porosity, normal elasticity, high density, thick strands, DRY (must moisturize/oil and DT a lot), tangles easily. Highly textured...curl softener+demi-perm color.
    Straightened length: Waist (layers)
    Textured length: (variable) full SL to BSL

Condish/Shampoo: VO5
    Pre-poo: mild protein(VO5)+castor oil+tea tree
    Steam treatments: 1-2x weekly
    Daily routine and DT: Moisturize w/ Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose+Olive oil and seal w/ Avocado oil
    ^^^You just did, by posting!!!! :D

One doesn't need to have a PhD in chemistry to produce bath and body products. You just need to have a somewhat more than basic understanding (depending on how sophisticated your products are-a lot more than basic understanding) of what you are doing and how things work with each other to produce different feels and textures in products.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file