are trainers necessary?

kimmieLOVEScurlskimmieLOVEScurls Posts: 59Registered Users
i love working out. i know a fairly good amount about muscle training. I switched gyms, and got a free work out with a trainer. the trainer said that he doesnt think i can get in shape with a trainer's help. btw...i'm not in bad shape, but i want to increase my muscle mass. I used to do muscle training a lot,but over the past 9 months i have been slacking big time. he was very educated in fitness, but he was not friendly at all and it just seemed like he was trying to make money. as a college student, $1200 is not in my budget for a personal trainer. I have worked with trainers before, but it was free and they taught me a lot. I feel discouraged from even going to the gym now, because he made it seem like without him, i will make no progress. =/
Does anyone have any advice for me? :sad7:
*3b/3c
*medium-course hair
*medium porosity
*hair goals: GROWTH, control frizz

Comments

• missbanjomissbanjo Posts: 3,088Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i love working out. i know a fairly good amount about muscle training. I switched gyms, and got a free work out with a trainer. the trainer said that he doesnt think i can get in shape with a trainer's help. btw...i'm not in bad shape, but i want to increase my muscle mass. I used to do muscle training a lot,but over the past 9 months i have been slacking big time. he was very educated in fitness, but he was not friendly at all and it just seemed like he was trying to make money. as a college student, $1200 is not in my budget for a personal trainer. I have worked with trainers before, but it was free and they taught me a lot. I feel discouraged from even going to the gym now, because he made it seem like without him, i will make no progress. =/
    Does anyone have any advice for me? :sad7:

Did you mean without a trainer's help? If so yea he's just trying to make money off of you. Is he all buff with lots of muscles? Just remember HE can spend all day working out in the gym, you can't. So HE can look down his nose at you because HE is so much more buff & all :disgust::disgust:
    Southern Colorado Curly
    Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
  • kimmieLOVEScurlskimmieLOVEScurls Posts: 59Registered Users
    missbanjo wrote: »

Did you mean without a trainer's help?

yes! i asked him a few times during the session for some tips on things i can do without him, and he was like okay, but did not show me much. He even texted me like a week later, telling me they have promos going on and to contact him. I was very disappointed with the session. Now I'm trying to work out when I know he won't be there. =/
    *3b/3c
    *medium-course hair
    *medium porosity
  • missbanjomissbanjo Posts: 3,088Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What a jerk. I'm sure he'll find a new target to bug soon.
    Southern Colorado Curly
    Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Here in the UK sneakers are called trainers so I thought, of course trainers are necessary!

ANyway, trainers are not necessary imo and the guy you were talking to was looking for a client. By all means employ one occasionally to check form and technique or change the routine but you shouldn't need one every time you train.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • kimmieLOVEScurlskimmieLOVEScurls Posts: 59Registered Users
    Thanks so much you guys. I feel SOSOSOSOOOOO much better!
    *3b/3c
    *medium-course hair
    *medium porosity
  • shelly12345shelly12345 Posts: 17Registered Users
    I'm sorry to hear that. And congratulations to solve the problem.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file