should I highlight already colored hair???

nytiffynytiffy Registered Users Posts: 73
My Hair was professionally colored to ash blond/light brown all over. I was tired of having light hair so I dyed it back to dark brown.
Here is my question. Since co washing my hair is now starting to lighten at the ends, GREAT I love the color

I want to highlight the hair around my face? Or should I leave it alone and let it continue to lighten on its own.

3B/3C Fine
Medium Porosity
Loo-poo (Spring/ Summer) /No- poo(fall/ winter)
Loo-poo Mastey Traite Cream Shampoo no SLS
No-poo Aussie 3MM or VO5 Vanilla Tea
Bi -racial :Black and Italian Yah!!
Originally from Ithaca, NY
Now Southern CA
NYTiffy:wav:

Comments

• BLBBLB Registered Users Posts: 268
    I was in the same scenario years ago. I got so sick of my highlights and I dyed my hair back to dark brown. In a short amount of time the highlights peeked through a little and made (what I thought) was the most gorgeous subtle highlights. They were just slightly lighter than my normal color and added depth. Now I'm wishing I could do that again!! So my suggestion is to give it a little bit longer, you might like the results without having to highlight.

Now I want to go to a stylist and talk about getting this effect done...:)
    2's+3a/ med density/ normal-high porosity/ fine-med texture, normal elasticity (I think!):
    Wash: CJ Daily Fix/Giovanni TTTT
    Conditioner: Giovanni TTT
    DT/PT: CJ Rehab, SSPDT
    LI: Giovanni DLI, AO Mandarin Magic- Jane Carter Scalp Nourishing Serum for dry, sensitive scalp
    Stylers: AG Re:coil, Mop C Curl Cream, CCClite, Spiral Solutions FHG...Sealing w/ Coconut oil
    Finishing product: JC Nourish & Shine, MD Strawberry Smoothie
    http://picasaweb.google.com/114440579402158395573/HAIRPICS?feat=directlink

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file