CurlTalk

Zipporah Beauty products

CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fstores.zipporahbeauty.com%2FStoreFront.bok" class="Popup

Anyone ever tried these products? I haven't seen a thread on this line on here.
11.gif
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
-Albert Einstein
Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG

Comments

• EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users
    No...but by those ingredients it looks like she used a base and added some oils to it.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • divadee62divadee62 Posts: 115Registered Users
    I've never tried this line but the other poster is correct. These are just bases that the seller bought and repackaged. Click here to see the Citrus Conditioner /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Ftiny.cc%2Fycvrt" class="Popup Looks like that store is basically buying all their products from EW and just re-packaging. Too bad she has to lie in her About Us page regarding "mixing the products" herself. *sigh*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And so it began...Relaxer-free since 2003
    Naturally OUT since Sept. 21, 2008
    Products in current rotation:
    Terressentials Left Coast Lemon, Oyin Honey Dew,Hairveda Cocoshasta Oil,Darcy's Botanicals MVSC
    11/20/11 Currently testing out Living Proof's RESTORE Deep Conditioner.
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    divadee62 wrote: »
    I've never tried this line but the other poster is correct. These are just bases that the seller bought and repackaged. Click here to see the Citrus Conditioner /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Ftiny.cc%2Fycvrt" class="Popup Looks like that store is basically buying all their products from EW and just re-packaging. Too bad she has to lie in her About Us page regarding "mixing the products" herself. *sigh*

:confused::sad5::sad3:
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
    I am really starting to not trust these companies...this is a mess.:disgust:
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • periwrinkleperiwrinkle Posts: 130Registered Users
    When this company first came out, I think, earlier this year, I recognized those bases off the bat from EW. So, I was never interested in trying them. On top of that, I get the impression that she tries to act like she makes these products herself, which is another turn off. Putting that aside, BeautifulBrwnBabyDol raves about it though. Here is her review: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D2MciASlihgk" class="Popup.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hair Type: 3c/4a

Still searching for my staple products. Maybe I can be faithful to a set of products one day.
  • ZBMomof3ZBMomof3 Posts: 8Registered Users
    Hello this is Nakeisha owner of Zipporah Beauty,LLC
    I do make most of my products myself. Yes I do order the bases from EW (for the shampoo,conditioner,and lotion) also the Leave In Conditioner but I add a few things to the base for the Leave In Conditioner to make it my own but there's nothing wrong with that. A lot of companies order their bases/ingredients wholesale. I also order from other wholesale companies. I personally make all of my butters,my Vanilla Mint Moisturizing Hair Serum and Delight My Hair Moisturizer. I actually get in my kitchen & make these products myself.In the About Us section on my website I stated I began mixing the ingredients for a few of the products you see in my store today. I did not say all. When I read this post yesterday I had to go back and add the products I said I mixed together to clarify even more. I'm a truthful person I did not lie in anyway about my products. I'm not just going to stand for negative talk about my company especially when individuals don't have all the facts.I continue to add my own original products. So I just wanted to clear this up. Please stop the negative talk about my business. May you all have a blessed day

God Bless,
    Nakeisha James
    coilynapp wrote: »

~~GOOD hair is not a certain hair texture GOOD hair is the hair that God caused to grow out of your scalp. Remember your hair is beautiful~~
    God Bless you

• CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    ZBMomof3 wrote: »
    I do make most of my products myself. Yes I do order the bases from EW (for the shampoo,conditioner,and lotion) also the Leave In Conditioner but I add a few things to the base for the Leave In Conditioner to make it my own but there's nothing wrong with that. A lot of companies order their bases/ingredients wholesale. I also order from other wholesale companies. I personally make all of my butters,my Vanilla Mint Moisturizing Hair Serum and Delight My Hair Moisturizer. I actually get in my kitchen & make these products myself.In the About Us section on my website I stated I began mixing the ingredients for a few of the products you see in my store today. I did not say all. When I read this post yesterday I had to go back and add the products I said I mixed together to clarify even more. I'm a truthful person I did not lie in anyway about my products. I'm not just going to stand for negative talk about my company especially when individuals don't have all the facts.I continue to add my own original products. So I just wanted to clear this up. Please stop the negative talk about my business. May you all have a blessed day!

God Bless,
    Nakeisha James

I'll respond to this later. I'm quoting it so I can remember.
    11.gif
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users
    they have been on my 'to try' list for a while
    really wanted to try the green tea butter :)
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sassywillowsassywillow Posts: 829Registered Users
    hippychic wrote: »
    Hmm. where is the mold inhibitor ingredient in these butters??
    Ah...to be a well pampered pootiecat. I can sleep on my owner's lap. Roll over on my back when I want my stomach rubbed. Purr with delight. Suddenly jump off and walk away for no reason. Not respond when I am called. Throw my leg up and lick with intense abandon. Sleep 85% of the time. Hang my head off the couch and view the world upside down.:laughing5:
    I believe you'll like it & a little goes a long way :)
    ~~GOOD hair is not a certain hair texture GOOD hair is the hair that God caused to grow out of your scalp. Remember your hair is beautiful~~
    God Bless you

I use the combination of Vitamin E, Organic Green Tea extract,and Neem Oil to prolong the shelf life of the Green Tea Hair & Body Butter and for the Cocoa Butter Delight I use Vitamin E,Neem Oil,and Peppermint Essential Oil. Also keeping the butters stored in a dry cool place with the lid on securely helps as well.
    Hmm. where is the mold inhibitor ingredient in these butters??
    God Bless you

ok :)
    CocoT wrote: »
    I do make most of my products myself. Yes I do order the bases from EW (for the shampoo,conditioner,and lotion) also the Leave In Conditioner but I add a few things to the base for the Leave In Conditioner to make it my own but there's nothing wrong with that. A lot of companies order their bases/ingredients wholesale. I also order from other wholesale companies. I personally make all of my butters,my Vanilla Mint Moisturizing Hair Serum and Delight My Hair Moisturizer. I actually get in my kitchen & make these products myself.In the About Us section on my website I stated I began mixing the ingredients for a few of the products you see in my store today. I did not say all. When I read this post yesterday I had to go back and add the products I said I mixed together to clarify even more. I'm a truthful person I did not lie in anyway about my products. I'm not just going to stand for negative talk about my company especially when individuals don't have all the facts.I continue to add my own original products. So I just wanted to clear this up. Please stop the negative talk about my business. May you all have a blessed day!

God Bless,
    Nakeisha James

God Bless you

• greenandchicgreenandchic Posts: 2,584Registered Users
    never mind
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg

God Bless,
    Nakeisha James
    There is nothing wrong with buying bases and adding to them. You just can't say that you mix the stuff yourself, because even though you add ingredients, you still do not formulate yourself (which is not a bad thing). All you do is customize. You have to understand that when you say you mix all your products, when you don't, you are misleading people--and people don't take kindly to businesses which mislead them intentionally or unintentionally

I'm glad that you clarified on your site what you make yourself. No one was being negative. People will patronize your business if you have a good product whether you make it from scratch or you buy a base and customize it. Either way it's legitimate business, just don't say that you do something which you don't, because it disappoints customers. No one is knocking you for your hustle. Do you and congrats on your business :)
    I'm not going go back & forth on this but I will say this. I created/formulated/mixed all of my butters & moisturizers. You will not find these products anywhere else but Zipporah Beauty.

There is nothing wrong with buying bases and adding to them. You just can't say that you mix the stuff yourself, because even though you add ingredients, you still do not formulate yourself (which is not a bad thing). All you do is customize. You have to understand that when you say you mix all your products, when you don't, you are misleading people--and people don't take kindly to businesses which mislead them intentionally or unintentionally

I'm glad that you clarified on your site what you make yourself. No one was being negative. People will patronize your business if you have a good product whether you make it from scratch or you buy a base and customize it. Either way it's legitimate business, just don't say that you do something which you don't, because it disappoints customers. No one is knocking you for your hustle. Do you and congrats on your business :)
    God Bless you

• CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users
    dr2_2_252gif7.gif
  • ReekyReeky Posts: 1,323Registered Users
    these gif's are gonna be the death of me.. i just cant, wheres the facepalm smiley?
    dense, fine & porous curls |

Poo/Cowash| Bobeam, V05 Shea Cashmere
    DC| AOGPB, CJ Repair Me, BrownButterBeauty
    RinseOut| Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner, Ology Moisturizing Conditioner
    Leave In| Curl Rehab, Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Moisturize|Oyin Hair Dew, CR Moisture Milk
    Gel| Kiss My Face UMG, Trader Joes Aloe Vera, KCCC
    Sealants| Aloe Juice, Whipped Shea, Cocoa & Mango Butters, Castor, & my Peanut Oil Blend =)
    I'm not going go back & forth on this but I will say this. I created/formulated/mixed all of my butters & moisturizers. You will not find these products anywhere else but Zipporah Beauty.

No one is going back and forth. I was being very kind in my response. I said that I was glad that you stated which products you actually made (after you saw this thread). I will say again, there is nothing wrong with using bases. No one was saying that you do not mix your butters yourself (you clarified this on your site, remember?). I was just pointing out that you can't say that you mix ALL your products yourself because that is misleading to customers
    Reeky wrote: »
    these gif's are gonna be the death of me.. i just cant, wheres the facepalm smiley?

You and me both...I've been face palming for a minute today.

facepalm.gif
    YouTube
    I apologize....my reply wasn't meant to be geared toward you it was meant for divadee62 (divadee62 I just wanted to clear up what you had stated that's it :)...) I thought that was who I was replying to in the first place. So I do appreciate your kind response coilynapp. To all who is reading this thread I just didn't want someone accusing me of lying when I'm not. that's it.
    No one is going back and forth. I was being very kind in my response. I said that I was glad that you stated which products you actually made (after you saw this thread). I will say again, there is nothing wrong with using bases. No one was saying that you do not mix your butters yourself (you clarified this on your site, remember?). I was just pointing out that you can't say that you mix ALL your products yourself because that is misleading to customers
    God Bless you

I really don't feel like going there anymore. I've lost my steam anyways.lol
    I appreciate your input though ZBMomof3.

I'd still like to see some reviews though
    11.gif
    -Albert Einstein
    lol :) you can look on my website under the product review videos tab or search on youtube to watch some reviews.
    I really don't feel like going there anymore. I've lost my steam anyways.lol
    I appreciate your input though ZBMomof3.

I'd still like to see some reviews though
    God Bless you

• divadee62divadee62 Posts: 115Registered Users
    My statement stands as is and anyone who wants to compare the ingredient list on both pages can draw their own conclusions. :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And so it began...Relaxer-free since 2003
    Naturally OUT since Sept. 21, 2008
    Products in current rotation:
    Terressentials Left Coast Lemon, Oyin Honey Dew,Hairveda Cocoshasta Oil,Darcy's Botanicals MVSC
    11/20/11 Currently testing out Living Proof's RESTORE Deep Conditioner.
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    Share Information Within the Guidelines

You may always name products or services and tell your opinions about them. If it is inappropriate for the open forum, it doesn't need to be shared from this website. Messages that break any law are inappropriate and will be removed.

Promoting websites that have or link to message boards/chats is not permitted on the boards. Ditto hair-related websites. You may request pre-approval of a website by the Administrator. Appeals will be considered, but the final decision must be respected.

Product manufacturers or their representatives are not permitted to post on behalf of their brand or products. You may post as an individual, but not as a representative of a brand.
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
    empressri wrote: »

You may always name products or services and tell your opinions about them. If it is inappropriate for the open forum, it doesn't need to be shared from this website. Messages that break any law are inappropriate and will be removed.

Promoting websites that have or link to message boards/chats is not permitted on the boards. Ditto hair-related websites. You may request pre-approval of a website by the Administrator. Appeals will be considered, but the final decision must be respected.

Product manufacturers or their representatives are not permitted to post on behalf of their brand or products. You may post as an individual, but not as a representative of a brand.

kidownedbyball.gif
    YouTube
  • CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users
    ^^^ buahahahahahah
  • NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users

Thank you Ri. I have no idea where you found that, but thank you. Otherwise, how are we to feel free to discuss on this forum looking over our shoulders?
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
    ellepixie wrote: »

kidownedbyball.gif
    HA!!!!!

I said I wouldn't go there.....

But seriously though, I am trying really hard not to be annoyed by what just happened. I mean I know she was "defending" her business, but I didn't think it was necessary to create a profile to discourage any negative speak about her business. You can't do that. Not everyone is going to like your products and have nice things to say about them. It makes me feel uncomfortable that people can't give their honest reviews on open forums like these because the businesses will just feel they need to come and shut things down. And no one was even being negative. Just because something isn't said in your favor doesn't mean its negative. It's a thing called constructive criticism.
    11.gif
    -Albert Einstein
    ellepixie wrote: »

kidownedbyball.gif

OMG, Ellepixie, that was CLASSIC! Ya'll are killing me with the gifs. I love it here!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Still searching for my staple products. Maybe I can be faithful to a set of products one day.
    HA!!!!!

I said I wouldn't go there.....

But seriously though, I am trying really hard not to be annoyed by what just happened. I mean I know she was "defending" her business, but I didn't think it was necessary to create a profile to discourage any negative speak about her business. You can't do that. Not everyone is going to like your products and have nice things to say about them. It makes me feel uncomfortable that people can't give their honest reviews on open forums like these because the businesses will just feel they need to come and shut things down. And no one was even being negative. Just because something isn't said in your favor doesn't mean its negative. It's a thing called constructive criticism.

+1. I so agree with everything you stated. I didn't see anyone being negative, also. I even posted a link to a positive review. I was/am a youtube subscriber of the owner and that's just the impression I got from when she said "when I mix my products" in her videos as well as her website, which she just said she corrected.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]