i have a keratin treatment appt. with the ricardo rojas salon that i do not need

miztikkmiztikk Posts: 19Registered Users
Heyyyy guys,

So I've been doing my research on the boards and decided today that I'm not ready to take the plunge and get a keratin treatment just yet. However, my mom bought me pre-paid keratin appointment at the Ricardo Rojas salon in NYC on LivingSocial.com (a website that gives deals and stuff on otherwise incredibly expensive things in the city.). I didn't want it to go to waste cause she'd be pretty pissed and wanted to know if anyone on here wanted it.... the treatment is $150 on what would normally be $450 for them, which is out-of-control expensive but I guess a lot of celebs and stuff like him. I'm honestly not sure what brand they use but I think I'm gonna try and work with my 3B's for now. I guess PM me if anyone wants this?

I completely apologize if this isn't the right forum by the way.

-Taylor
3B, with some 3C in the center <3
... learning to love the curls ....

evercreme intensive shampoo/cleansing cream
redken real control intensive renewal mask
HE hello hydration conditioner/redken all soft conditioner
devacurl arcangel/chs curl keeper

Comments

• MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    miztikk wrote: »
    Heyyyy guys,

So I've been doing my research on the boards and decided today that I'm not ready to take the plunge and get a keratin treatment just yet. However, my mom bought me pre-paid keratin appointment at the Ricardo Rojas salon in NYC on LivingSocial.com (a website that gives deals and stuff on otherwise incredibly expensive things in the city.). I didn't want it to go to waste cause she'd be pretty pissed and wanted to know if anyone on here wanted it.... the treatment is $150 on what would normally be $450 for them, which is out-of-control expensive but I guess a lot of celebs and stuff like him. I'm honestly not sure what brand they use but I think I'm gonna try and work with my 3B's for now. I guess PM me if anyone wants this?

-Taylor

While I would not recommend the keratin tx, I will say that your mom paid a lot of moolah on your behalf, and maybe you should CALL the salon and say:

"I'm concerned due to health issues, but could you please substitute another service. Maybe a shampoo, trim, and diffusion dry for curly hair?"

I figure you should get SOME of your money's worth, and a wash, cut, dry is way less than the $450 keratin, but is prolly right on target for the $150 your mom spent (for NYC). Or maybe a color job?

If you're really sweet and really polite, etc, maybe they're consider it since you can put the emphasis on fear of the health hazard??

Worth a shot. :D
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • miztikkmiztikk Posts: 19Registered Users
    MirCurls wrote: »
    miztikk wrote: »
    Heyyyy guys,

-Taylor

While I would not recommend the keratin tx, I will say that your mom paid a lot of moolah on your behalf, and maybe you should CALL the salon and say:

"I'm concerned due to health issues, but could you please substitute another service. Maybe a shampoo, trim, and diffusion dry for curly hair?"

I figure you should get SOME of your money's worth, and a wash, cut, dry is way less than the $450 keratin, but is prolly right on target for the $150 your mom spent (for NYC). Or maybe a color job?

If you're really sweet and really polite, etc, maybe they're consider it since you can put the emphasis on fear of the health hazard??

Worth a shot. :D

I was actually thinking of doing this after I posted this. I hope they can do that!!

-Taylor
    3B, with some 3C in the center <3
    ... learning to love the curls ....

evercreme intensive shampoo/cleansing cream
    redken real control intensive renewal mask
    HE hello hydration conditioner/redken all soft conditioner
    devacurl arcangel/chs curl keeper

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file