Manic Panic Help Pls?

09robiha09robiha Registered Users Posts: 683
I realllly need to stop using permenant colour, or at least give my hair a break. It grows so fast that it needs doing alot so I was thinking of Manic Panic. Would it be ok to mix together??...and how could I make a good copper colour thats not to orangey (I feel that electric lava would be!) I was thinking of electric lava combined with Vampire red (Am I correct in thinking that adding a little dye like Electric Lizard would tone the red down a tad and make it more browney-red??)

Its either that or its going black!
Mixture of 2c/3a curls, fine to med texture

:love5: PROTEIN LOVER!!! :love5:

Wishing my hair would be more like this
> :angel13:
and less like this
> :evil5:

Comments

• EmerwenEmerwen Registered Users Posts: 138
    I have no idea if you can mix them or not. Is there anything on their website about it?

If you do try it, let me know.
    Hair type: 3a, med-low porosity, decent elasticity, thin, med-fine. (I think)

Hair Routine:
    Low-poo: Burt's Bee's Pomegranate and Soy
    Co-wash: V05 Kiwi Clarifying Conditioner, Condish: V05 Kiwi Clarifying Conditioner, Giovanni TTTT, honey
    Leave In: GVP Conditioning Balm
    Styling: Biotera Curl Cream, Sweet Almond Oil
    Techniques: Icequeen method

Hair likes: GVP CB, Biotera Curl Cream, Almond Oil (when wet).
    Hair dislikes: gel, plopping.

Hair Goal: Healthy, soft, defined, waist length curls!

• eLiciafayeLiciafay Registered Users Posts: 18
    You can mix them. Mix a green (electric lizard) and a red (pillarbox red is a good true red) to make a brown, you might need a touch of black (raven) to deepen the shade.

When I did MP, I would clarify with a strong shampoo and then apply the MP to dry hair, wrap it in a shower cap and then a towel and sleep on it overnight for maximum penetration. MP is a demi-perm color that coats the hair shaft and does not penetrate the hair shaft (no developer is used) so the longer you have it sitting on your hair, the longer your results will last. HTH!

ETA: punk.com has 30% off all hair color right now. I order my Special Effects color from them - their customer service is great!
  • PaganWifeyPaganWifey Registered Users Posts: 2
    You can totally mix them! I mix a little red into my purple to counteract it going blue when it fades.
  • EmerwenEmerwen Registered Users Posts: 138
    Ooh, if the purple fades blue, does it then turn green? I was thinking of putting purple in my hair, but if it turns green, I do not want to.
    Hair type: 3a, med-low porosity, decent elasticity, thin, med-fine. (I think)

Hair Routine:
    Low-poo: Burt's Bee's Pomegranate and Soy
    Co-wash: V05 Kiwi Clarifying Conditioner, Condish: V05 Kiwi Clarifying Conditioner, Giovanni TTTT, honey
    Leave In: GVP Conditioning Balm
    Styling: Biotera Curl Cream, Sweet Almond Oil
    Techniques: Icequeen method

Hair likes: GVP CB, Biotera Curl Cream, Almond Oil (when wet).
    Hair dislikes: gel, plopping.

Hair Goal: Healthy, soft, defined, waist length curls!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file