CurlTalk

What's the scoop on health hazards with Brazilian Blowout??

So sister-in-law (also my stylist) calls me yesterday to let me know there is some controversy over serious health concerns with Brazilian Blowout (the brand) in California (we are in Michigan). I am supposed to have this done again on Oct 21st but we are both going into research mode. I am writing to my curly girls here to see what you know! She is researching through her Salon (and her brother is at a Salon in Cali). Anyone have some good scoop?

Comments

• MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users
    acarrico wrote: »
    So sister-in-law (also my stylist) calls me yesterday to let me know there is some controversy over serious health concerns with Brazilian Blowout (the brand) in California (we are in Michigan). I am supposed to have this done again on Oct 21st but we are both going into research mode. I am writing to my curly girls here to see what you know! She is researching through her Salon (and her brother is at a Salon in Cali). Anyone have some good scoop?

There are already a bunch of threads here on just that. Skim this subforum, the General Discussion, and the Relaxing forum to read them and see the links to the lab results. I also posted the link on a recent blog post at my blog.

Or do a forum search. The info is already here and about.
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • acarricoacarrico Posts: 60Registered Users
    I will do some searches. I expected it to be "right in my face" on this board and I didn't see it. I will need to dig it a bit (but not too far, I bet!) Thanks for the word...