We haven't discussed Bruno Tonioli from DWTS

munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I was in total amazement, actually shock, when he critiqued Michael Bolton; told him it was the worst jive on DWTS in 11 seasons, and gave him a 3. I felt so bad for Michael. I could see he was hurt and humiliated. I realize the judges are there to judge the amateur dancers, but those people don't agree to go on that show to be put down like that. If I was a star and DWTS approached me after this season trying to get me to compete, I would say no. Who wants to put themselves through that.

Bruno didn't even have the class to admit he made a mistake and was too harsh when Tom Bergereon confronted him the next night. In fact, Bruno got a little cocky in his response and said he "would go to Fox" (which I'm sure meant So You Think You Can Dance.) I think Bruno has tarnished his character in the eyes of many. Len didn't even like what he had to say.
3b/c

Comments

• spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've always liked Bruno's crazy self, but his harsh comments were indeed uncalled for. A three? I had the same reaction as Tom, "We have a three??".

I felt bad for Michael, but he was really awful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ladies, I was THERE, and Michael WAS bad...but I don't think he deserved a 3. I know they aren't suppose to take illness or injury into account, but come on, the man had an infection, and practiced wearing a mask. Give him just a little bit of extra credit maybe? It was clear from the beginning that he wasn't going to be in the final weeks, and probably would have gone home this week anyway. Why be so cruel?
    3a/2c
    Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
    AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon
  • munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    KurlyKae wrote: »
    Ladies, I was THERE, and Michael WAS bad...but I don't think he deserved a 3. I know they aren't suppose to take illness or injury into account, but come on, the man had an infection, and practiced wearing a mask. Give him just a little bit of extra credit maybe? It was clear from the beginning that he wasn't going to be in the final weeks, and probably would have gone home this week anyway. Why be so cruel?

Exactly. Michael was not good, but he didn't deserve the humiliation Bruno put him through. If the judging is coming to this, then I think this may be the beginning of the end of this show. What star is going to want to put themselves possibly in the same position only to be totally embarassed on national TV?

I also saw a clip of Tom Bergereon on some talk show. He was making fun of Michael too. OK, I know this is what comedians do but sometimes you have to know when to step back and say enough is enough. Lost a little respect for Tom.
    3b/c
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Although Bruno was a little harsh, I am not reacting to it like many others are. Yes a 3 is pretty low and saying he's the worst dancer in 11 seasons I thought was an exaggeration.
    I don't think what Bruno did was awful or horrible...I don't think it'll deter celebrities to dance next season (as many NEED these shows to jumpstart a dying career).
    No, Michael Bolton wasn't the worst dancer in 11 seasons, he probably deserved a 5 instead of a 3, but he was the worst dancer that night and he did deserve to go home.
    Judges on "talent" TV shows are going to be provocative at times...whether its Simon Cowell criticizing, that blonde woman on So You think you can dance, or Bruno. I think it sometimes goes with the territory.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • nandiknitsnandiknits Posts: 260Registered Users
    I usually love Bruno on that show. He can be so over the top in the drama department - I get some good laughs over him.

However, he was out of line in his critique of Micheal both nights, and I have to say I lost some respect for him too. He was incredibly unkind.
    CG since June/09
    3a/b extremely thick, coarse, porous
    Loving AOHR, Biolage Conditioning Balm, KCCC.:glasses8:
  • munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    nandiknits wrote: »
    I usually love Bruno on that show. He can be so over the top in the drama department - I get some good laughs over him.

However, he was out of line in his critique of Micheal both nights, and I have to say I lost some respect for him too. He was incredibly unkind.

Exactly. He could have critiqued him in a much more respectful way.

I don't put the judges on this show in the same category as the other dancing, singing, or talent shows. The people who go on them have a talent they are trying to showcase to further a career. The contestants on DWTS are people who, in most cases, are learning something for the first time.
    3b/c

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file