So I'm going as Snooki for Halloween ....

NejNej Posts: 2,444Registered Users Curl Neophyte
and since I'm a buttermilk beauty I need to find some product that will help my skin become a glorious orangey bronze.

I might use some fake tanner but in order to get the deep colour I desire I need something that I can wash off as I don't need to look like an oompa loompa for weeks after Halloween is over.

Ideas so far:

Dark foundation covered in bronzer to set it
Dream Tan (something body builders use but it tends to rub off on clothes)
Body Paint (again, rubs off on everything!)

Any ideas?
anigif_enhanced-buzz-2027-1364839025-19.gif

Comments

• medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    How about those sheer pantyhose that have that orange tinge to them? Put them on your legs and arms (cut one pair so the legs go on each arm). Then you can do the fake orange tan on your face.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I like the idea of orange "tan" pantyhose on arms and legs. I would just use bronzing powder on your face. Definitely not fake tanner...you won't be able to get it off for days.
  • kenzie!kenzie! Posts: 5,055Registered Users
    What about the wash-off fake tanners? I know L'Oreal makes one....they don't transfer, and they wash off in the shower....

I think that they're called bronzing gels usually.
    Rock Chalk Baby!! If you aren't from Kansas, you just won't understand!

Dame Kenz Matilda Jayhawk-Rocksalt, heir to the family diamonds.
  • duckyducky Posts: 927Registered Users
    fake tanners will wash off quicker if you do not exfoliate before, but do a serious body scrub after. Like that apricot scrub for your face? Use that on your body, and it will come off a lot sooner.
  • NejNej Posts: 2,444Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The pantyhose idea while innovative :) will just look weird I think, and I can't see it staying in place after I get a few in me and start dancing .... I think what I'm going to do is get a natural looking spray tan (I've had them before) to just give my skin some colour to work with and then use a combination of bronzing gels and get a really dark powder bronzer to use on top.

Thanks for the tip on the bronzing gels ... I knew they existed but hasn't any idea as to what brands etc. were good and wouldn't stain me. A trip to Sephora will hopefully help.

I'm going to wear black pantyhose on my legs and just concentrate on my upper body and face. I wish they made cans of body paint like they do temporary hair colour! That would be perfect!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions!!! It's going to be awesome!!!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I saw her at the mall and she was wearing all black, including black furry boots even though it was 100 degrees outside -- so black pantyhose or tights would fit the image! And yes, she was VERY tan. (Her skin shade is on the dark side naturally, I think, even without the tan.)
  • CheetaraCheetara Posts: 2,182Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My friend went as Marge Simpson one year and used yellow grease paint all over.

You probably might want get a Bump It plus extensions for your hair as well as a huge pair of sunglasses.
    Sort of CG sometimes, but not really
    2B, medium? normal porosity and elasticity?

Cleansers -
    Suave Clarifying, Philosophy Happy Birthday Beautiful

Stylers - BRHG, re:coil, Ion Hairspray

I live in the NYC area.

Cheetara wrote: »
    My friend went as Marge Simpson one year and used yellow grease paint all over.

You probably might want get a Bump It plus extensions for your hair as well as a huge pair of sunglasses.

I ordered a pre-poufed Snooki wig off the internet and am going to make her Rhinstone glasses :-) I am also planning a trip to the stripper store this weekend to get a really awesome dress to wear.
    SuZenGuide wrote: »
    I saw her at the mall and she was wearing all black, including black furry boots even though it was 100 degrees outside -- so black pantyhose or tights would fit the image! And yes, she was VERY tan. (Her skin shade is on the dark side naturally, I think, even without the tan.)

SO JEALOUS! I heart her!!! She is trashtastic royalty :angel11:
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    Its funny you should bring up this topic. I wanted to dress up as Snookie too and had the same question seeing as I'm white as a ghost!

I wanted to wear her fuzzy pink slippers. :icon_smile:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

curlysue21 wrote: »
    Its funny you should bring up this topic. I wanted to dress up as Snookie too and had the same question seeing as I'm white as a ghost!

HAHAHA I'm thinking about getting some :P I'm also going to be walking around with a jar of pickles!
  • kenzie!kenzie! Posts: 5,055Registered Users
    Nej wrote: »
    curlysue21 wrote: »

HAHAHA I'm thinking about getting some :P I'm also going to be walking around with a jar of pickles!

You should empty out the bucket, add a handle, and line the inside with a picture of pickles.

Instant trick-or-treat bucket! Or purse....
    Rock Chalk Baby!! If you aren't from Kansas, you just won't understand!

Dame Kenz Matilda Jayhawk-Rocksalt, heir to the family diamonds.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    And don't forget to interject a couple of "waaaahs" into your conversations!

Have fun, Snickers!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file