Lighter alternative to SheaMoisture Leave-in

tabbysuetabbysue Registered Users Posts: 122
Afternoon ladies!

Can anyone recommend a lighter, but just as moisturizing, version of SheaMoisture Leave-in? As my hair is getting longer, I think the leave-in is weighing down my fine strands too much. I already use BRBC, but i like SheaMoisture leave-in because it has Jojoba oil and vitamin E in it.

Thanks ladies!
Shampoo: TJ Tea Tree Tingle (only to remove buildup)
Co-wash/Detangler: Suave Naturals Conditioner
Leave-in/Styler: Uncle Funky's Curly Magic
2nd day refresher: Uncle Funky's Thirsty Curls
Routine: Wash and Go
Porosity: Normal-High
Texture: Fine/Thin and Kinky

Comments

• Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Registered Users Posts: 4,162 Curl Connoisseur
    tabbysue wrote: »
    Afternoon ladies!

Can anyone recommend a lighter, but just as moisturizing, version of SheaMoisture Leave-in? As my hair is getting longer, I think the leave-in is weighing down my fine strands too much. I already use BRBC, but i like SheaMoisture leave-in because it has Jojoba oil and vitamin E in it.

Thanks ladies!

Have you tried cutting the shea moisture? That's what I do in the summer and it works wonderful.

I take 1/2 a bottle of shea moisture, add 2-3 tablespoons various oils (whatever my flavor of the month is), 1 tablespoon glycerin (u can omit this in the winter) and then 2-3 ounces of water. I make this is smaller batches and havn't had any problems with it molding (I leave it in the bathroom). Just use distilled/bottled/filtered water and put in a smaller bottle for use.
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ReekyReeky Registered Users Posts: 1,323
    tabbysue wrote: »
    Afternoon ladies!

Thanks ladies!

Have you tried cutting the shea moisture? That's what I do in the summer and it works wonderful.

I take 1/2 a bottle of shea moisture, add 2-3 tablespoons various oils (whatever my flavor of the month is), 1 tablespoon glycerin (u can omit this in the winter) and then 2-3 ounces of water. I make this is smaller batches and havn't had any problems with it molding (I leave it in the bathroom). Just use distilled/bottled/filtered water and put in a smaller bottle for use.

Good idea !! I will try this, i just got it and its missing something.. needs to be sauced up LoL

as for the original post, an alternative? I really like Koils By Nature Shealoe L.I.. its very slippy and lightweight, but you still only need a little (ive used mine abt 6x's and it still looks full) and it leaves my hair moisturized all day! Esp under her butter.. good stuff.

I also seem to me the only one loving the Shea Moisture for Target Restorative Conditioner as a leave in, its thick and heavy but doesnt weigh my fine hair down somehow.. leaves it soft and moisturized all day as well!

my hair is not a fan of shea butter based things (because its fine) but those two I love!
    dense, fine & porous curls |

Poo/Cowash| Bobeam, V05 Shea Cashmere
    DC| AOGPB, CJ Repair Me, BrownButterBeauty
    RinseOut| Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner, Ology Moisturizing Conditioner
    Leave In| Curl Rehab, Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Moisturize|Oyin Hair Dew, CR Moisture Milk
    Gel| Kiss My Face UMG, Trader Joes Aloe Vera, KCCC
    Sealants| Aloe Juice, Whipped Shea, Cocoa & Mango Butters, Castor, & my Peanut Oil Blend =)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file