Some questions...and I'm puzzled about this

Curls=BeautyCurls=Beauty Registered Users Posts: 1,781
I've been bad and haven't been exercising for months. I stopped when soccer started up in the Spring. Then I was injured during the last game of the tournament and was in pain for three months. And it still hurts once in a while.
This week I'm starting up again and am determined to not let it slide. I just started jogging this Tuesday, doing the Couch to 5K program. I'll be jogging on Tuesdays and Thursdays and am looking to get some Pilates workout DVD's to do on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Any recs on some good Pilates workout DVD's?

Now to what I'm puzzled about. Both times when I went jogging this week (and this has happened before and happens during soccer practice and games) my legs became very itchy and splotchy red. Once I cool down and stop jogging the itchiness goes away and the splotchy redness goes away.
Today it kind of hurt to breathe. My chest felt thick. And my jaw felt sore.
I'm just trying to figure out why this is happening. It's very uncomfortable.
Cleanser: Liquid Castile Soap diluted in a foaming soap dispenser
Rinse:
ACV rinse
Detangler/Conditioner:
Oyin Handmade Greg Juice or Juices and Berries
Stylers: Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd, KCCC, Honey Rinses and BRHG, Crack Leave-in Hair Cream when straightening

Tools: Silk pillowcase, Floursack towels, Jersey T-Shirts, Wide Tooth Comb, Velecta Paramount TGR-VQX Hair Dryer (for when I straighten) and BaByliss PRO Ionic Rollabout Hard Hat Dryer

Comments

• beautifulRainbeautifulRain Registered Users Posts: 189
    Were you wearing a lotion or cologne or anything when you got the itching? Some people's sweat reacts with lotions and other topical things and they get an allergic reaction.

I can't recommend any DVDs, I have to workout at the gym or I won't do it... I did get great results from doing Pilates though. I still find it challenging, there is a lot to think about and focus on to do Pilates in a way that you get the most out of it.

Not sure what to tell you about the difficulty breathing... if it keeps happening I would consult a doc.
    3a/b 'curly bob' in the mid-Atlantic. Goal: more 3b than 3a. CG Oct 2010.

Low-poo: Giovanni TTTT, Ion Swim
    Co-wash: V05 Shea Cashmere
    Rinse-out: SalonCare Apples & Pears, Tresemme Naturals
    Leave-in: Cure Care, Ion Moisturizing Treatment
    Stylers: Ecostyler Argan Oil, LALSG, LBLOC, Hold It! Wave Maker, LAL Beachy Waves Spray Gel. Also been using my diffuser more lately.
    PT: Ion Reconstructor
    DT: GVP Balm, Pure Elements Intense Repairing Treatment
    http://beautifulraincurls.blogspot.com/
  • KookyCurlKookyCurl Registered Users Posts: 1,980
    Not sure about the redness but the shortness of breath could be due to a myriad of factors. Do you have allergies? Any chance you may be coming down with a cold? Both would cause tightness. Your lungs may also be more out of shape then you'd thought due to having to take time off for injuries. How was the weather? Thicker/humid air could have something to do with it. Do your clothes fit properly? An ill fitting bra could mimic chest tightness by not allowing proper room for your chest to expand.

If it's none of those things, def. see a doctor.
  • Curls=BeautyCurls=Beauty Registered Users Posts: 1,781
    Were you wearing a lotion or cologne or anything when you got the itching? Some people's sweat reacts with lotions and other topical things and they get an allergic reaction.

I can't recommend any DVDs, I have to workout at the gym or I won't do it... I did get great results from doing Pilates though. I still find it challenging, there is a lot to think about and focus on to do Pilates in a way that you get the most out of it.

Not sure what to tell you about the difficulty breathing... if it keeps happening I would consult a doc.

No. I don't wear any perfumes and every body product and hair product (aside from my [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]) I use is have as few ingredients as possible and are perfume free, dye free and hypoallergenic because I have sensitive skin and breakout easily. The only thing I put on yesterday was coconut oil.
    KookyCurl wrote: »
    Not sure about the redness but the shortness of breath could be due to a myriad of factors. Do you have allergies? Any chance you may be coming down with a cold? Both would cause tightness. Your lungs may also be more out of shape then you'd thought due to having to take time off for injuries. How was the weather? Thicker/humid air could have something to do with it. Do your clothes fit properly? An ill fitting bra could mimic chest tightness by not allowing proper room for your chest to expand.

If it's none of those things, def. see a doctor.

I haven't been diagnosed, but I do know I have allergies or intolerances to some foods and definitely environment things. I might be coming down with a cold, but I don't know. I've been feeling congested, but I'm almost positive that's allergies.
    My mom told me she has exercise induced asthma and that you can inherit that. I'm thinking I need to get tested. Because when I'm running I always feel short of breath and then what happened yesterday.....

Weather was in the 60's. It wasn't really that humid.

Yep, clothes fit properly.
    Rinse:
    ACV rinse
    Detangler/Conditioner:
    Stylers: Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd, KCCC, Honey Rinses and BRHG, Crack Leave-in Hair Cream when straightening

Tools: Silk pillowcase, Floursack towels, Jersey T-Shirts, Wide Tooth Comb, Velecta Paramount TGR-VQX Hair Dryer (for when I straighten) and BaByliss PRO Ionic Rollabout Hard Hat Dryer
  • LISA LISALISA LISA Registered Users Posts: 566
    I've been bad and haven't been exercising for months. I stopped when soccer started up in the Spring. Then I was injured during the last game of the tournament and was in pain for three months. And it still hurts once in a while.
    This week I'm starting up again and am determined to not let it slide. I just started jogging this Tuesday, doing the Couch to 5K program. I'll be jogging on Tuesdays and Thursdays and am looking to get some Pilates workout DVD's to do on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

Now to what I'm puzzled about. Both times when I went jogging this week (and this has happened before and happens during soccer practice and games) my legs became very itchy and splotchy red. Once I cool down and stop jogging the itchiness goes away and the splotchy redness goes away.

Sounds pretty normal actually - the itchy splotchy is happening because the blood is flowing faster with your raised heart rate & flooding your body with oxygen. Your lungs hurt because your'e using them hard - like a sore muscle after you lift weights for the first time in a while. Your jaw? Are you clenching your jaw tight when you run?

All these thing should subside once your fitness level rises up again. No pain no gain!!
    Big Chop from hip - 5/2014
    Enjoying the journey to APL or BSL!
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75884&dateline=1412004981
  • Curls=BeautyCurls=Beauty Registered Users Posts: 1,781

Sounds pretty normal actually - the itchy splotchy is happening because the blood is flowing faster with your raised heart rate & flooding your body with oxygen. Your lungs hurt because your'e using them hard - like a sore muscle after you lift weights for the first time in a while. Your jaw? Are you clenching your jaw tight when you run?

All these thing should subside once your fitness level rises up again. No pain no gain!!

The splotchiness and itchiness isn't quite so bad in colder weather.
    I am very fit, even though I hadn't been working out for several months. I play football, soccer and baseball in a field with friends, capture the flag games, random sprinting races etc. quite often.

I'm not sure if I have exercise induced asthma or not. I love to run and wouldn't have a problem running 30 minutes straight right off the bat if it wasn't for chest pain/tightness and the big shortness of breath. I can't catch my breath at all and have to stop if I want to not pass out. I can't catch my breath for several minutes even after I stop whatever I'm doing. But I don't have wheezing.

I think I may have been clenching my jaw. I'm making sure not to clench it anymore and haven't had any problems with it lately.
    Rinse:
    ACV rinse
    Detangler/Conditioner:

• LISA LISALISA LISA Registered Users Posts: 566

The splotchiness and itchiness isn't quite so bad in colder weather.
    I am very fit, even though I hadn't been working out for several months. I play football, soccer and baseball in a field with friends, capture the flag games, random sprinting races etc. quite often.

I'm not sure if I have exercise induced asthma or not. I love to run and wouldn't have a problem running 30 minutes straight right off the bat if it wasn't for chest pain/tightness and the big shortness of breath. I can't catch my breath at all and have to stop if I want to not pass out. I can't catch my breath for several minutes even after I stop whatever I'm doing. But I don't have wheezing.

I think I may have been clenching my jaw. I'm making sure not to clench it anymore and haven't had any problems with it lately.

I would go to the doctor & have it checked out. God forbid you have anything like emphysema!
    Big Chop from hip - 5/2014
    Enjoying the journey to APL or BSL!
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75884&dateline=1412004981

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file