Transition...Yea. How long?

MintaMinta Registered Users Posts: 45
Hellos,

I'm quite new here and I think I'm in love with this site. Very useful tips on here for curly hair. I was just wondering how long has it been for you guys to transition from relaxed hair back to natural? I use to relax mines but my hair has become very weak and dry. I miss my thick curls. Now they seem to be so limp. Is a BC really necessary? How long does it take for natural hair/curls to re-exist?

-Arminta
A Child Is a Curly, Dimpled Treasure. ™

Comments

• jellymariejellymarie Registered Users Posts: 2
    hello, i'm new here also.
    the last time i relaxed my hair was in February 2009. but it didn't take too long for my curls to show. i would say that i have 3c hair and i have about 1-2 inches of relaxed hair left. i am cutting my hair slowly, but i am going to cut off the rest of the relaxed hair pretty soon.
  • MintaMinta Registered Users Posts: 45
    jellymarie wrote: »
    hello, i'm new here also.
    the last time i relaxed my hair was in February 2009. but it didn't take too long for my curls to show. i would say that i have 3c hair and i have about 1-2 inches of relaxed hair left. i am cutting my hair slowly, but i am going to cut off the rest of the relaxed hair pretty soon.

Oh nice February of last year!Nice. Would you ever go back to relaxers after you've done it so long? So it took you about a year to transition? Do you cut of the relaxed hair when the hair is wet or dry? Welcomes.=)
  • AfroPRChicaAfroPRChica Registered Users Posts: 200
    To answer your question, it all depends on you when you want to chop off the hair. You can do the BC right away and rock a TWA. Or you could long term transition until you get to the length you want. My last relaxer was in March, and I plan on cutting my hair off the beginning of next June. The BC isn't necessary, you could always cut it off slowly. Your hair shouldn't take too long to show. I already have 6 inches of new growth (when stretched).
    Arminta wrote: »
    Hellos,

I'm quite new here and I think I'm in love with this site. Very useful tips on here for curly hair. I was just wondering how long has it been for you guys to transition from relaxed hair back to natural? I use to relax mines but my hair has become very weak and dry. I miss my thick curls. Now they seem to be so limp. Is a BC really necessary? How long does it take for natural hair/curls to re-exist?

-Arminta
    -Mostly 3C with some 4A.
    -Currently APL.
    -Shorterm Goal: BSL by end of the year.
    -Longterm Goal: WL in 2 years.
    -Medium/coarse hair, Low Porosity, Low-Elasticity, Medium Density.

Rotation:

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Cond. (any)
    Rinse Out: Tresemee Naturals Moisture
    DC: GVP Cond. Balm, SM DC, & EVOO
    Leave in: SM Conditioning Milk
    Sealant: EVOO Or Whipped Shea
    Gel: SM Curl Souffle

Afro-Latinas...visit my blog!:

http://afrolatinaisbeautiful.blogspot.com/
  • DsmileybfaceDsmileybface Registered Users Posts: 1
    Hello All, I just recently found Naturally Curly because I have decided to go natural. My last perm was March 2010 and I was stretching for 10-12 weeks. I got a weave at the end of July and about August 6th is when I decided I wanted to transition. I planned to transition until January 2010, but feared that my hair would be too short so I changed it to do my BC in March 2010. Now I think I want to just keep on transitioning for as long as I can. If I can keep my hair about APL and cut off 1/2 an inch a month or so that would be fine. So I'm guessing this means a long transition for me.
    m_cruz2007 wrote: »
    To answer your question, it all depends on you when you want to chop off the hair. You can do the BC right away and rock a TWA. Or you could long term transition until you get to the length you want. My last relaxer was in March, and I plan on cutting my hair off the beginning of next June. The BC isn't necessary, you could always cut it off slowly. Your hair shouldn't take too long to show. I already have 6 inches of new growth (when stretched).
    Arminta wrote: »
    Hellos,

-Arminta

Hey thanks for the reply so are you saying that I have to have a BC in order for my hair to transition? Or that it would just take longer?
    Hello All, I just recently found Naturally Curly because I have decided to go natural. My last perm was March 2010 and I was stretching for 10-12 weeks. I got a weave at the end of July and about August 6th is when I decided I wanted to transition. I planned to transition until January 2010, but feared that my hair would be too short so I changed it to do my BC in March 2010. Now I think I want to just keep on transitioning for as long as I can. If I can keep my hair about APL and cut off 1/2 an inch a month or so that would be fine. So I'm guessing this means a long transition for me.

Hellos,

Oh that is so awesome that no matter what we do to our hair it will come back to its natural state. What does streching mean? So, I'm thinking it takes about a year to probably finally be all out natural.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file