Walk to Fight Diabetes in NJ!

quickcurlquickcurl Posts: 1,310Registered Users
I posted another thread about fund raising for this walk that I'm participating in in honor of my dad, who's struggled with diabetes and the side-effects for a long time. Recently, he was placed on permanent dialysis and he's waiting to have heart surgery....all of it's because of his diabetes. I couldn't just sit by and watch all of this happen to my dad any longer without doing something....so voila, I formed a team!

If anyone is interested in joining me in walking for a cure you can sign up on my team's page, or if you can't make it out to Princeton on October 24, please donate whatever you can (which you can also do on the site). This disease affects so many people in this country and without financial support from people like me (and maybe you), the road to a cure would probably be a lot longer than (it hopefully) is already.

Here's a link to my fund raising page, as well as information about the walk and my team. If you have any difficulty getting into the page or if you have any questions, please pm me and I'll get to you as soon as I can.

Thanks SO VERY MUCH for your support!!

Thanks curlypearl for the suggestion of posting the info about the walk! :toothy10:

http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR/StepOut/NorthernNewJerseyArea?px=6230885&pg=personal&fr_id=7226
"It's hard to remember a time, when I didn't have you", Richie Sambora
"Boys are bad and men are stupid", WB's
"After a while, you just want to be with the one that makes you laugh" Mr. Big

Comments

• quickcurlquickcurl Posts: 1,310Registered Users
    Bumping just in case not everyone saw this....

I'm walking with the American Diabetes Association in their annual fund raising event on October 24 in Princeton, NJ.

If you're interested in walking or in donating, please click on the link in the next message for more info.
  • quickcurlquickcurl Posts: 1,310Registered Users
    I'm bumping this again....hoping to get more exposure for this GREAT event!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file