Never posted in this forum: encouragement is welcome!

curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
I'm asking for support/encouragement to help me stick with my exercise plan. I'm 65, had brain surgery last year and couldn't exercise all year. 3 weeks ago, I started walking quickly for about 30 minutes 4-5 times a week.

I used to go to a gym and also used a treadmill for many years but it broke and then I had the brain tumor surgery so I haven't been exercising at all.

I'm very happy that I've started exercising again! I can't afford a treadmill or gym now so each evening I've been strapping on the walking shoes and marching around the city.

By letting you know this in this forum, I'm hoping it will help me commit to this new plan. I want very much to continue. I only started exercising when I was 40 but it changed my life. It's tough doing it each evening but I'm so happy each time I do it!
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• beautifulRainbeautifulRain Registered Users Posts: 189
    I promise you that it gets easier the longer you do it. I've had my gym membership for years but only in the last 6 months or so have I really been going consistently. Now I feel weird on those rare days that I don't go.

Congratulations on your recovery, I had a cousin go through something similar some years ago and I know the recovery can be tough. Maybe that is something you can use for motivation - if I can get through brain surgery, I can get through my workout. And of course think of how great you will feel when you've finished. :)
    3a/b 'curly bob' in the mid-Atlantic. Goal: more 3b than 3a. CG Oct 2010.

Low-poo: Giovanni TTTT, Ion Swim
    Co-wash: V05 Shea Cashmere
    Rinse-out: SalonCare Apples & Pears, Tresemme Naturals
    Leave-in: Cure Care, Ion Moisturizing Treatment
    Stylers: Ecostyler Argan Oil, LALSG, LBLOC, Hold It! Wave Maker, LAL Beachy Waves Spray Gel. Also been using my diffuser more lately.
    PT: Ion Reconstructor
    DT: GVP Balm, Pure Elements Intense Repairing Treatment
    http://beautifulraincurls.blogspot.com/
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    I promise you that it gets easier the longer you do it. I've had my gym membership for years but only in the last 6 months or so have I really been going consistently. Now I feel weird on those rare days that I don't go.

Congratulations on your recovery, I had a cousin go through something similar some years ago and I know the recovery can be tough. Maybe that is something you can use for motivation - if I can get through brain surgery, I can get through my workout. And of course think of how great you will feel when you've finished. :)

What a terrific post! That's something I tell myself often about other things that intimidate me: I got through brain surgery - I can get through this! Thanks so much beautifulRain.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
  • curlylauracurlylaura Registered Users Posts: 8,352 Curl Neophyte
    I glad your feeling well enough to exercise!

Come and join in on the Exercise Accountability Thread
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=38636

At the moment I feel like I'm talking to myself there, but I've found it really helpful to keep me going when I really can't be bothered.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
    Thanks, Curly Laura! I'm going to do that. Great idea.
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Registered Users Posts: 9,596
    Yay CP!!

Stick with exercising, its also a good stress reliever!

I think walking is an excellent form of exercise, you don't have to run to get good cardio. Walking also tones your leg.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
    Hi Turtles :love8:

Glad to see you on this thread. I did my walk today. I'm so fricken proud of myself. I try to walk really hard and fast.

I'll be reading through the exercise accountability thread so I'll find out what you are up to.

Catch you later....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file