Carolina Curly Gathering

DeetinDeetin Registered Users Posts: 31
It looks like April 13th works well for a few of us. It seems like we shoule move the discussion over to this forum.
Poochie might live the closest to Charlotte.
She might know some good restaurants or what we can do. icon_wink.gif
I'm just Deetin from the block.

Comments

• PoochiePoochie Registered Users Posts: 315 Curl Connoisseur
    Hey! What about Potterville, did she ever respond to this thread? maybe I'll send her a PM.

Anybody want to go ice skating? we could go to Eastland mall. icon_biggrin.gif
  • NikoliNikoli Registered Users Posts: 18
    oh geez - me on skates...it could be fun and give all of you something to laugh at icon_wink.gif
    "Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
    I want to get lost in your rock and roll and drift away"
    Drift Away
  • DeetinDeetin Registered Users Posts: 31
    Yeah Poochie!
    Ice skating would be very fun.
    It's been at least 5 years for me.
    We can have hot chocolate too. icon_biggrin.gif
  • PottervillePotterville Registered Users Posts: 137 Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks Poochie for grabbing me. I never have time to look at the other boads as much. I'd love to get together and I've been wanting to go ice skating for months. I live maybe 20 minutes from Eastland Mall if that's what everyone would like to do, but I'm up for anything.

Oh I'm so excited.
    VERY THICK 3c/3b -Dr. Bronners Peppermint Soap to Shampoo or Elucence Cond. daily/dt, Cantu Shea Butter Leave In to style.

http://potterville.wordpress.com/
  • 2B_or_not_2B2B_or_not_2B Registered Users Posts: 5
    I LOVE Ice Skating. So it's Eastland Mall that has the rink. I'd been there years ago, but I couldn't remember which mall it was.

Looking forward to it icon_smile.gif

Nikoli, don't worry bout falling. It might be a little cold, but nothing to worry about. If it's a problem, you could always get one of those "walker" things. I may get one just for the fun of it icon_cool.gif

[ March 03, 2002: Message edited by: 2B_or_not_2B ]
  • Dancing QueenDancing Queen Registered Users Posts: 247
    Ice skating, cool!

I'm probably going to get a motel room for the night. Can any of you Charlotte curlies recommend a place close to where all the action will be? Thanks! Joanna
    Psalm 30:11 "You have turned my mourning into dancing."

''Hey, nerds! Who's got two thumbs, speaks limited French, and hasn't cried once today? This moi.'' - Liz Lemon, 30 Rock
    Is it official?
    Are we going to meet on Sat. April 13th for ice skating at the Eastland Mall?
    I just want to make sure and put it down on my calendar.
    What do you guys think? Could we add a few more details...time, place to eat too maybe. icon_biggrin.gif
    Yep, I think can make the date and Eastland Mall official. I'll try to go over there and scope out a place we can meet & eat (there's a food court near the ice skating if I remember correctly). I'll find out the skate rental prices too.

As for time, what would be good for those of you who are traveling? I'm flexible. Would one or two in the afternoon be good?
    Thanks Poochie!
    2:00 is a good time for me because I work til 12:00 and the drive takes about an hour.
    Are we inviting our significant others?
    Just checking... icon_biggrin.gif
  • 2B_or_not_2B2B_or_not_2B Registered Users Posts: 5
    Inviting SOs would make things slightly easier for me...since my fiancee and I only see each other on the weekends and we can't see each other the weekend prior - I'd have a hard time saying "Can't see you for two weeks cause I have to meet the curlies"

That's just my vote, I don't even know if she'd come icon_smile.gif
    2:00 works for me icon_smile.gif
    Drift Away
    2:00 is good for me. Don't know if my (curly) hubby will come, though. icon_sad.gif

''Hey, nerds! Who's got two thumbs, speaks limited French, and hasn't cried once today? This moi.'' - Liz Lemon, 30 Rock
    2pm works for me as well.
    VERY THICK 3c/3b -Dr. Bronners Peppermint Soap to Shampoo or Elucence Cond. daily/dt, Cantu Shea Butter Leave In to style.

• cjbrowncjbrown Registered Users Posts: 1
    It's official. I won't be able to make it on the 13th because my hubby will be returning from Philly that day. Please include me on the next gathering, as I am in Columbia and come to Charlotte shopping all the time (assuming that you guys will be meeting in Charlotte again).
    Sorry you can't make it, CJB. icon_sad.gif

If this one goes well, I'm sure we can have another.
    Here's an idea...maybe we can have it in SC the 2nd time. Just a thought... icon_wink.gif
    I can no longer make it to the get together icon_sad.gif. I have to do things for the university that day. My friend tells me that he told me about this a while back, but I just don't remember it. Anyways - hopefully next time!
    Drift Away
    sorry to hear that Nikoli! icon_sad.gif

I hope everybody else is still in.

I scoped out Eastland Mall today and got the scoop. The skating rink is in the center of the mall, and on the lower level is a food court. Let's meet there, near the steps down to the "Ice Chalet", which is also near Cinnabon liplick.gif at 2 pm.

Here's the skating info: Admission is $6.50, and skate rental is $2.50, so that's nine dollars to skate unless you have your own skates. They have changing rooms, and lockers are 50 cents (bring quarters). If you don't want to skate, they do charge a "spectator fee" of $2 to come down onto the ice level (athough anybody can watch for free from the upper two levels). If anybody prefers shopping, there's plenty of interesting stuff there.

I'm looking forward to it!

Not sure how we'll know each other, though... should we wear nametags? NC.com t-shirts? just look for curly hair? (don't straighten!)
    Hello again! I won't be able to come, because my husband and I are buying a new home and will be closing that day! So sorry, but I hope y'all have a great time!

So who's still coming? icon_sad.gif
    I will be there CurlyPoochie!
    I can't believe it is next weekend already.
    I think my boyfriend is coming too.
    Maybe I should wear a specific color shirt or a scarf around my next.
    What about Potterville and 2B or not 2B? icon_biggrin.gif
    I'll be there icon_biggrin.gif And I was going to suggest meeting by Cinnabon icon_smile.gif I say everyone wear red...does that work?

Sorry CurlyPoochie and Potterville!
    You guys are going to kill me, but I have to cancel my trip up to Charlotte on Sat.
    I'm sorry!!!!
    I hope we can plan another day, maybe next month and hopefully more people can come.
    I'll make up for it. I'll bring some rice crispie treats for everyone when we meet. icon_smile.gif
    Well poo. Yes, we have to plan another day and hopefully more people will be able to attend.

Well... I guess we should reschedule. Actually, I just found I need to work some on Saturday... I was going to leave early to make it, but I guess it would be better just to choose another day?

A weekend in May perhaps? icon_cool.gif
  • alerocgsalerocgs Registered Users Posts: 9
    Cool curlies form the Carolinas!! Are there any updates to a get together? Charleston is kind of far from the res of you all, but it could make for a fun weekend road trip. Would love more info from any one interested.
    Connie in Chuck town icon_cool.gif
    It's not hair, it is a statement!!
    Hi Connie! Nope, no current plans for another get-together... I'd love to reschedule it... any interest?
  • alerocgsalerocgs Registered Users Posts: 9
    Poochie, I would be very interested in a get together. We can always use support even if it is just hair. With hair like ours, I think it is more than just hair. Let me know, what gets decided. Any good curly hairdressers up your way?
    Connie in Chuck Town icon_cool.gif
    It's not hair, it is a statement!!
    I was wondering when would be a good time to reschedule the get together myself.
    I have been to Charleston once and I loved it! I only spent about 2 hours there, so I would love to see more.
    Maybe we should wait until June and make a day/weekend free.
    Charlotte sounded fun too. icon_cool.gif
    I'm interested too! Either Charleston or Charlotte is fine for me seeing as I'm somewhere in the middle. I was a bit bummed when that last one fell through. Lets try this again icon_smile.gif.
    Drift Away

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file