What can I sell?

poisonivypoisonivy Posts: 1,551Registered Users
I want so badly to go see Roger Waters on the 22nd but jeeze the tickets are expensive! This will be my only chance to see The Wall performed live. Should I skip paying my AT&T bill? I have to do something. Need ideas! Good seats are around $200.00.

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Living within one's means is an old-fashioned concept, so call me a crotchety old lady, but I think if you have to choose between paying a utility bill and going to a concert, then you can't afford to go to a concert.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    jewelry, DVDs, TVs, electronics, etc... :dontknow:
    kids? kidding

0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• rileybrileyb Posts: 1,975Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Living within one's means is an old-fashioned concept, so call me a crotchety old lady, but I think if you have to choose between paying a utility bill and going to a concert, then you can't afford to go to a concert.

I agree with this - plus, if you can't afford the $200 for tickets this month, how will you afford to pay two months of your AT&T bill next month?

If you don't have debt issues, I'd just put the $200 on my credit card and pay $50 a month for the next four months or whatever, but if you are already in debt then I would probably just skip the concert.
    I haven't got the slightest idea how to change people, but I still keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out.
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    We're going to the Las Vegas show!!! I can't wait!

We saw his Dark Side of the Moon concert in '07 and it was awesome!

You should definitely pay your bills first, and then you can look into selling things or scrimping somehow. Make it work!
  • poisonivypoisonivy Posts: 1,551Registered Users
    DH does get an extra paycheck in October since he gets paid every Friday. Love when that happens! Of course there are better things I could spend it on like Christmas presents. Time to get started on that, ugh. This is a once in a lifetime deal though.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    A friend of mine saw the Roger Waters concert in -- Indiana? Said it was awesome. (I know, that's not helpful!)
  • anonymous_29030anonymous_29030 Posts: 619Registered Users
    Re your question of what to sell:

Nice handbag or shoes from your collection? Electronics?
  • Jenny CJenny C Posts: 1,195Registered Users
    Do you have any gold jewelry you can sell? I'm not sure how it is now, but I know it was really high a few months ago.

I went to see Roger Waters about 10 years ago with people from work. I really didn't have any interest in going, but the tickets were free and it was something to do, so I went. I have to say it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to.

If you can come up with the money it's worth it, but don't get behind on your bills for it.
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
  • hmkennyhmkenny Posts: 1,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Sell your gold if you can part with it. It pays big and you could easily raise $200 for Roger Waters tickets. Go through your collection, pick out all the single earrings and broken chains and then all the stuff you tend not to wear.

You could also sell stuff on Amazon, like DVDs, but you'd have to have a lot of in demand inventory to raise $200.

If you have any old exercise equipment or small appliances you can sell 'em on Craigsist. Stuff like that usually moves, but prepare to be low-balled.

Definitely pay your phone bill. You'll only have double to pay next month, and then with the holidays coming up it'll take you months to dig your way out of the hole.
    3a/medium texture/normal porosity
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I don't know anything about this band or who generally listens to...and will this concert be outta town? But could you talk to some local alternative paper or blog or something and offer to write a review and take some pics in exchange for half your expenses?

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I don't know anything about this band

Roger Waters was a principle in Pink Floyd. You've heard of them?
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I don't know anything about this band

Roger Waters was a principle in Pink Floyd. You've heard of them?

Yep, definitely heard of Pink Floyd and I suspected it would be related to them when she mentioned the Wall. But I wasn't sure. Not sure if that would be a newsworthy type of event...if they still draw a crowd.

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Oh, PF...meh
    Kinda like for me U2...meh :dontknow:
    Never understood the hype.... :-|
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file