Question about tipping

curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,227Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Should I tip carpet installers? They will be installing carpet in my living room next week. If tipping is expected, how much?

Thanks for your advice.
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    no...
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• NejNej Posts: 2,444Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    no...

This ... unless they brought Champagne for me to sip, then perahps.
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-2027-1364839025-19.gif
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,227Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks, ladies! I'm afraid I overtip and I never know what the protocol is.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I don't tip anyone who comes to my house to perform a service. I figure they are already charging me too much, so the tip must be included.
  • rileybrileyb Posts: 1,975Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    No - I only tip people like that if they do something extra. For example, I tipped the guys who delivered my couch because they took my old one out to the curb and moved a loveseat for me while they were here. I tipped my house painters because they offered to haul my old gutters away that had been sitting in my driveway waiting for me to figure out what to do with them. I wouldn't have tipped them if they were just doing what I had paid them to do in the first place.
    I haven't got the slightest idea how to change people, but I still keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out.
  • anonymous_29030anonymous_29030 Posts: 619Registered Users
    I don't tip anyone who comes to my house to perform a service. I figure they are already charging me too much, so the tip must be included.

:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Agreed!
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Nej wrote: »
    no...

This ... unless they brought Champagne for me to sip, then perhaps.
    this :drunken:
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I'm glad I found this thread.

Sears is here delivering my new washer dryer right now and I wasn't sure if I should tip or not. The last time we got new appliances, the local place delivered them, and our contractor installed them, so I didn't feel the need to tip because the guys just delivered the appliances and left.

With Sears, it just seems like they're doing all this heavy lifting with stacking them and whatnot, so it seems wrong not to tip.
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I don't tip...but if it's hot...I offer a bottle of water or can of coke. :)
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Or just charm them w/ yer...charm :D :laughing6:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,227Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    We aren't all as charming as you Wile. (hee :)
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I gave them $20. Most people don't have the setup I do. Folk seem to have their washers and dryers side by side. I'm sure it was a real pain stacking those monsters.

After I tipped them they told me Sears would be calling to have me rate them. They asked me to rate them a 5 for each question. Then about an hour after they left I realized I only got the manual for the dryer and not the washer.

Off to do laundry.
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    I tipped my washer guys too because they did a bunch of stuff that they didn't necessarily need to do but did anyway because my husband wouldn't be home for a week. You did the right thing. :)
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file